Alabama's ball gets shattered

jsneb83

Even God wants a playoff...

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. -- A piece of history from the University of Alabama's championship run was shattered on Saturday afternoon following the Crimson Tide's annual A-Day scrimmage.

The Coaches' Trophy from this season's BCS national title was accidentally knocked off its podium and shattered by a player's father whose foot got caught on a rug that sits beneath the trophy display. The Waterford crystal trophy was on display in the Mal Moore Athletic Facility halls, home to coach Nick Saban's office and other athletic personnel.

The handmade trophy sculpted in Ireland is valued at $30,000. The university previously had two such trophies, one at the Paul W. Bryant Museum and the other at the athletic facility. A university spokesman confirmed that they will immediately begin the process of replacing the trophy.

Link

This is why you will never see Nebraska's

This is a more accurate statement.

Those trophies you see when you walk in the door of North Stadium? They're pretty. But they're not the actual trophies. The real ones are upstairs, safe from carpet accidents.

Ive had to make deliveries up to the football offices as well. And I can also assure you that those are also in a glass case :)

New recruting pitch for Saban if you break the trophy we still wont kick you off the team. Its funny because there is going to be some kid that buys into it kind of like this: Duh I like football I can count to 3 1 2 3 I did it all by myself!.

Alabama may end up making money off the deal. They'll sell the crystal chips for a couple hundred apiece to boosters and fans. sigh. The rich get richer.

That would be pretty smart. I would buy a chip if one of Nebraska's got broken.

Didn't they do this when the 94 Orange Bowl trophy was broke exiting the plane in Lincoln?