Dennard Arrested for Assault

lol

Look if a guy assaults an officer at 2am outside of a bar, I'm all for letting the justice system run its course. Plenty of better people have done worse and dealt with the consequences. I grew up learning that you must answer for your actions. Fonzie has to answer for his. I know we're all fans and want to stick up for a guy on our team, but come on.

Regardless, if I had a point, it wasn't that he shouldn't go to jail of course he should for assaulting an officer. My point would be for shoddy police work if anything.

And I mean, the officer saw Denard throw a punch then went to go arrest him and upon trying to cuff him Denard turned around and punched. At least from what I could remember reading I'd have to look it up. And in the other guys analogy... Tempest f*ck it, it doesn't even matter because my point wasn't that he shouldn't have been jailed anyway.

I agree with all of your points Knapplc. This should have never gotten this far, but as Captain Obvious I will go all the way back to that night at 2 a.m. at a Lincoln bar and reference common sense. At 2 a.m., outside a bar, sh#t is gettin' dirty, stuffs about to go down, and a cop gives you the chance to walk yo ass away from the situation, at that time, anybody with a f'ing' brain.......WALKS AWAY.

lol

Look if a guy assaults an officer at 2am outside of a bar, I'm all for letting the justice system run its course. Plenty of better people have done worse and dealt with the consequences. I grew up learning that you must answer for your actions. Fonzie has to answer for his. I know we're all fans and want to stick up for a guy on our team, but come on.

^^ when there is video evidence, and the guy admits what he's done...why is he pleading not guilty?! Look, everyone that has been drunk has probably done stupid things. I have. But I've never hit anyone to give police a reason to come looking for me, and then hit them. Sorry dude...but even if you have bad legal representation, don't admit that you did something and then plead 'not guilty.' And then talk about going for a run and chatting about video game systems on twitter when it's pretty easy for anyone, including a judge, to see that you just don't give a sh*t. Ever wonder why everyone dresses up when they go to court? RESPECT for the legal system. You barely got it half-right, Fonzie.

lol

^^ when there is video evidence, and the guy admits what he's done...why is he pleading not guilty?! Look, everyone that has been drunk has probably done stupid things. I have. But I've never hit anyone to give police a reason to come looking for me, and then hit them. Sorry dude...but even if you have bad legal representation, don't admit that you did something and then plead 'not guilty.' And then talk about going for a run and chatting about video game systems on twitter when it's pretty easy for anyone, including a judge, to see that you just don't give a sh*t. Ever wonder why everyone dresses up when they go to court? RESPECT for the legal system. You barely got it half-right, Fonzie.

I agree with everything except the part about everyone dressing up for court.

lol

at least me, i feel bad for fonzie because he made a bad decision, not because he has to face the consequences. i feel bad that he put himself in that situation and then made it worse.

a lot of crimes are vague and reasonable minds can differ. it is just good sense to plead 'not guilty' if there is not a good plea or you do not think the prosecution can meet their incredibly high burden. also, what does fonzie's outside life have to do with this? he is supposed to live a solitary life until his trial to prove his remorse? finally, not sure you have ever been to court, but most people do not dress up.