Dennard Arrested for Assault

Long story short, first breathalyzer I blew a .05. I started to slur my words a bit (I was a light weight) and they gave be another breathalyzer and I blew over.

why did you blow the first time and what what did you blow the second time? (do not put this in the 'out of context' thread. please)

Long story short, first breathalyzer I blew a .05. I started to slur my words a bit (I was a light weight) and they gave be another breathalyzer and I blew over.

why did you blow the first time and what what did you blow the second time? (do not put this in the 'out of context' thread. please)

You can't refuse to give a breathalyzer, otherwise its an admission of guilt and a loss of your license for a year. That wasn't something I was going to go through, and I didn't feel any effect of the alcohol. .05X the first time, and a .1X the second time around. At the time I was operating the vehicle, I was not under the influence, but I guess that's not an arguable statement in court, as I eventually blew over without consuming anymore alcohol in the meantime. I don't know if that was truly the case, or if that is something my lawyer told me, so he didn't have to waste more time on my case. 21 year old kid, with a 2nd offense. Not a good look on my part as it was.

This is partially the reason why I don't drink much, and am much more responsible. Kind of why I volunteered to be a DD last Saturday when we left Lincoln. I have had to prove to some employers, that I am not that type of person. One more year, and it can't be held against me anymore (employers look back 7 years for driving jobs, or just in general). 5 more years (DUI stays on your record for 12 years) for it to "fall" off my record.

You can't refuse to give a breathalyzer, otherwise its an admission of guilt and a loss of your license for a year.

This isn't quite correct today.

1. It's not an admission of guilt, it's a separate crime. (Depending on whether it's the preliminary breath test in the cruiser (C5M) or refusal of a chemical or breath test after being placed under arrest (CWM punishable the same as a DUI iirc))

2. First offense refusal of a PBT has no driving consequences. First offense refusal of a chemical test is a 60 day loss of license if you receive probation.

(Current law. I don't know what it was 6 years ago.)

At the time I was operating the vehicle, I was not under the influence, but I guess that's not an arguable statement in court, as I eventually blew over without consuming anymore alcohol in the meantime. I don't know if that was truly the case, or if that is something my lawyer told me, so he didn't have to waste more time on my case.

Peak BAC/BAC at time of arrest can be addressed at trial.

You can't refuse to give a breathalyzer, otherwise its an admission of guilt and a loss of your license for a year. That wasn't something I was going to go through, and I didn't feel any effect of the alcohol. .05X the first time, and a .1X the second time around. At the time I was operating the vehicle, I was not under the influence, but I guess that's not an arguable statement in court, as I eventually blew over without consuming anymore alcohol in the meantime. I don't know if that was truly the case, or if that is something my lawyer told me, so he didn't have to waste more time on my case. 21 year old kid, with a 2nd offense. Not a good look on my part as it was.

This is partially the reason why I don't drink much, and am much more responsible. Kind of why I volunteered to be a DD last Saturday when we left Lincoln. I have had to prove to some employers, that I am not that type of person. One more year, and it can't be held against me anymore (employers look back 7 years for driving jobs, or just in general). 5 more years (DUI stays on your record for 12 years) for it to "fall" off my record.

i was just confused because it seemed like you blew for some reason, went home and had a couple drinks, and then went to take your buddy to a hospital and got pulled over and blew again. i was just confused on the order of events.

• 2 weeks later...

This isn't quite correct today.

1. It's not an admission of guilt, it's a separate crime. (Depending on whether it's the preliminary breath test in the cruiser (C5M) or refusal of a chemical or breath test after being placed under arrest (CWM punishable the same as a DUI iirc))

2. First offense refusal of a PBT has no driving consequences. First offense refusal of a chemical test is a 60 day loss of license if you receive probation.

(Current law. I don't know what it was 6 years ago.)

That's state law I suppose. For Nebraska? Do you have any idea what the penalty is for refusing a breathalyzer in Illinois? (Sounds like it would be better to refuse, than to fail.)

In Virginia it is far worse to refuse than to fail. Refusing everything gets you in trouble and your license is usually completely revoked. One year is the standard. Assuming first offense, failing breath or blood will usually get you restricted driving like only to work and back, etc. Generally better to pick the blood test. By the time you get to the station and make it through the line it could be a few hours. Also, should you pick the breathalyzer, you are able to request that another officer be present to witness your test. That can buy you some time.

• 2 months later...

Shame. He put in a ton of extra work to get into better shape this offseason. It's obvious he has a passion for football. At some point though I'd like to see him grow up a tad and decide whether or not partying is really that important to him. I would hate to see it diminish what could be an excellent NFL career.

Shame. He put in a ton of extra work to get into better shape this offseason. It's obvious he has a passion for football. At some point though I'd like to see him grow up a tad and decide whether or not partying is really that important to him. I would hate to see it diminish what could be an excellent NFL career.

With the Patriot organization already being in the public eye for the Hernandez situation, I could see them cutting him....

With the Patriot organization already being in the public eye for the Hernandez situation, I could see them cutting him....

Seriously! You would think the Pats would of let every player know not the f#*k up right now and just get to camp quietly.

LOL at everyone who attacked me for calling Fonzie an idiot.

What are you talking about? Here are your first two posts in this thread:

Wow. Starting at the Capital One bowl, he's done everything possible to ensure that his draft stock absolutely plummets.

What an idiot.

I am 22 years old and I live my life taking care of adult responsibilities but in no way do I feel like an adult. Still, never, and in no way have I ever came anywhere close to committing a felony. ThIs isn't a question of maturity; it is a question of stupidity. No well-adjusted human being with a proper upbringing and a reasonable world outlook would ever be in the situation where they might assault a cop. Dennard is just out of touch and f'ing retarded. f#*k you Alfonzo.

Every reply to those posts has been in agreement with you. Subsequent posts of yours in this thread met with approbation, not "attacks."

Where is this coming from? Conversations outside HuskerBoard? 'Cause if so... nobody cares. ;)

• Fire 1