Dennard Arrested for Assault

How has their image taken a beaten lately. If anything, I'd say that the Patriots' image has gotten better recently because they released Aaron Hernandez as soon as he got arrested.

You might not be following it very closely. It mainly centers around the fact that they offered him when half the NFL wouldn't touch him...which is leading to a deeper look at the organization and other things are beginning to come out. The Patriots, more than most organizations are beginning to realize that signing all of those questionable players (Ocho, Moss, Dennard, Mallett, Tate, Haynesworth, Talib, etc) is starting to catch up with them in regards to the orgs image. I can find dozens of articles discussing how their image is taking a beating right now.

Interviews with NFL executives, agents and former players suggest the Hernandez contract was the result of a decision the Patriots made to embrace more risk—not only in the way the team invested in players, but in the types of players it chose to pursue.

http://online.wsj.co...3479560908.html

Patriots' character? Zero

http://www.boston.co...ots_charac.html

Coach Bill Belichick is going to have some explaining to do to his image-conscious bosses, owner Robert Kraft and team president Jonathan Kraft, if his handpicked boys in silver and blue keep having run-ins with the boys in blue.

http://www.bostonglo...JA3N/story.html

The "Patriot Way" has lost its way

http://cognoscenti.w...t-way-peter-may

New England Patriots Way: the way to INCARCERATION

http://www.thesports...arceration-872/

I don't think that should make the Patriots look bad. Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick want to to give these guys a second chance. They do that with many players, like Wes Welker, for example. The correlation between them signing players like that should not affect their image. These guys are adults and are responsible for their own actions. You can't blame the Patriots for what they decide to do off the field.

I don't think that should make the Patriots look bad. Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick want to to give these guys a second chance. They do that with many players, like Wes Welker, for example. The correlation between them signing players like that should not affect their image. These guys are adults and are responsible for their own actions. You can't blame the Patriots for what they decide to do off the field.

It's not a matter of what you think, it's the reality of marketing and brand management. Those players ARE the Patriots. They represent the organization, at all times. This situation is not good for the Patriots. If you think it has improved their image, then I think we're done talking here - I have some paint to go watch dry.

I don't think that should make the Patriots look bad. Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick want to to give these guys a second chance.

That must be it. I'm sure it had nothing to do with them being able to get talented players at low cost since nobody else wanted anything to do with them.

Because if there's one thing Bill Belichick is known for, it's his integrity.

a dui, while so stupid and potentially reckless, just demonstrates an irresponsibility, but not necessarily a criminality.

Well, since DUI is a crime, and he was already on probation for a rather serious criminal issue, this clearly demonstrates "a criminality" on Fonzie's part.

I dunno. By that standard a healthy percentage of American males are criminals. Probably a handful of posters here on HB have one or more DUIs.

I don't want to label everyone a criminal menace of course. But DUI is a crime. It's criminal behavior and results in a criminal record. I agree that we should not simply call someone a criminal just because of that alone. Unfortunately just about everyone has driven after having a few drinks at some point.

But how many crimes need to go on the record before we do call someone a criminal? Someone with a single DUI? Maybe not. Someone who assaulted a frickin' cop and then while still on probation gets nabbed for DUI and refuses the test? Dennard was one of my favorite players, but sadly, someone who can't stay out of criminal trouble has earned himself the label of criminal.

I do beleive in redemption, so hopefully Fonzie can shed this label, just like someone who has a single DUI in their youth does not deserve to be known as a criminal for life, but for now, this is Fonzie's public perception.

i am just trying to keep it in perspective. fonzie has shown poor judgment, but i do not think the team should give up on him yet. if the team has a probation status or make him do things to be more accountable, i think that would be a good idea.

I don't think that should make the Patriots look bad. Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick want to to give these guys a second chance.

That must be it. I'm sure it had nothing to do with them being able to get talented players at low cost since nobody else wanted anything to do with them.

I see. You just don't like Bill Belichick. What a surprise.

I don't think Bill Belichick likes Bill Belichick.

I don't think Bill Belichick likes Bill Belichick.

no one who would wear those sweatshirts could like himself.

So your saying that if Huskers had players do dumb sh#t off the field, that the University wouldn't be getting a bad rap for it? You know we would just as we would look down at Alabama when their players do dumb sh#t and say it's all Saban's fault.

• Fire 1

I neither like nor dislike him, but he's earned his reputation.

So your saying that if Huskers had players do dumb sh#t off the field, that the University wouldn't be getting a bad rap for it? You know we would just as we would look down at Alabama when their players do dumb sh#t and say it's all Saban's fault.

There's a difference here between college football and the NFL, and I think that's what what he was saying when he said the players are adults.