Dennard Arrested for Assault

Regarding the breathalyzer, you have to blow into that thing pretty strenuously for several seconds (not terribly easy, try it), and people fail to register on those things all the time.

However, an elite NFL athlete should have NO problem blowing into that tester, meaning he almost had to intentionally fail to register. Even the most out-of-shape punter has enough air to register.

I would be utterly stunned if he doesn't get jail time now, and likely more than the 30 days he was originally sentenced to.

I'm shaking my head as I write this. It's bizarre. What the hell was he thinking?

Honestly, it was in his best interest to not submit a breathalyzer. You dont HAVE to do it, you have a right against self-incrimination. By not blowing, theres a pretty good chance the case will get dismissed. They have no evidence at this point! With that said, hell probably lose his license for a longer period of time (in iowa its a year if you dont blow, opposed to 6 months if you do) but chances are he wont violate probation or spend any time in jail at all!

or he was doing both and was a victim of entrapment.

If he was doing both, then how would it be entrapment?

I never got entrapment anyway unless they are somehow enticing you to do it. The way they use it in courts now is ridiculous.

or he was doing both and was a victim of entrapment.

If he was doing both, then how would it be entrapment?

I never got entrapment anyway unless they are somehow enticing you to do it. The way they use it in courts now is ridiculous.

Not serious.

Anyway, we have a lawyer around here who is quite pretigous in handling dui's. He told my dad once to "make it easy on me. Refuse all breathylizers". I found that kind of funny. He was serious.

I always thought that if you refused the breathalyzer that they would take you in to get blood tested?

You can refuse the breathalyzer test, but most times that is the second or third test that cops use when judging how impared you are. They most likely know if you are drunk or not from the field sobriety tests. So they already have probable cause to make an arrest.

I found it. It's in the Honey Badger thread. Lyons in the Sea of Red. took exception to tschu's use of the word "retard" and categorizing Fonzie with Mathieu as "idiots."

So one guy, one time, in about four replies in one thread in a separate conversation equates to "everyone attacking" tschu.

LOL

TITS MY BAD GUYS!!

dumb move though. I actually played basketball with him at the rec yesterday. Strange.

I found it. It's in the Honey Badger thread. Lyons in the Sea of Red. took exception to tschu's use of the word "retard" and categorizing Fonzie with Mathieu as "idiots."

So one guy, one time, in about four replies in one thread in a separate conversation equates to "everyone attacking" tschu.

LOL

TITS MY BAD GUYS!!

dumb move though. I actually played basketball with him at the rec yesterday. Strange.

Dammit, it's people like you using disrespectful terminology that makes the rest of us stare at pics of "Bob Devaney" and the word "censored". Act like a grown man, act like you don't see 'em :) Just stop talking..

it is baffling. universities need to offer classes to student athletes about how to be a professional athlete. how to manage money, image, and protect yourself.

ben roethlisberger is a pretty crazy example. how did he keep getting into trouble? you have an entourage. designate one member a dd who also makes sure you do not do anything stupid.

the football program does. they have weekly (or maybe more often) "lifeskills" type of classes that discuss all of this sort of thing.

And its required by the NFL of all rookies

Okay, I agree that Fonzie is stupid for driving drunk while on probation, but why should he be cut? What does him being a Patriot have anything to do with this? Aaron Hernandez murdering dudes has nothing to do with Alfonzo Dennard being an idiot and driving drunk. The Patriots and their players should not be under extra scrutiny because one of their players decided to be a thug. They disowned him from their organization and whatever happens to him from now on has nothing to do with the Patriots. If the SOP for players who get convicted of something like driving drunk while on probation is to cut them from the team, then he should be cut. But, just because he has a tangential relationship to Aaron Hernandez, he should not be cut.

Okay, I agree that Fonzie is stupid for driving drunk while on probation, but why should he be cut? What does him being a Patriot have anything to do with this? Aaron Hernandez murdering dudes has nothing to do with Alfonzo Dennard being an idiot and driving drunk. The Patriots and their players should not be under extra scrutiny because one of their players decided to be a thug. They disowned him from their organization and whatever happens to him from now on has nothing to do with the Patriots. If the SOP for players who get convicted of something like driving drunk while on probation is to cut them from the team, then he should be cut. But, just because he has a tangential relationship to Aaron Hernandez, he should not be cut.

i agree. if anything, this is the time to do something dumb like a dui. most any crime pales in comparison to what hernandez is accused of. for frick's sake, ray lewis killed a guy (or something) and he got to stay on his team. a dui, while so stupid and potentially reckless, just demonstrates an irresponsibility, but not necessarily a criminality.