Dennard Arrested for Assault

Shame. He put in a ton of extra work to get into better shape this offseason. It's obvious he has a passion for football. At some point though I'd like to see him grow up a tad and decide whether or not partying is really that important to him. I would hate to see it diminish what could be an excellent NFL career.

Id like to see these dumbass rich professional athletes hire a friggin driver when they wanna go out and get their drink on! That is all!

Shame. He put in a ton of extra work to get into better shape this offseason. It's obvious he has a passion for football. At some point though I'd like to see him grow up a tad and decide whether or not partying is really that important to him. I would hate to see it diminish what could be an excellent NFL career.

Id like to see these dumbass rich professional athletes hire a friggin driver when they wanna go out and get their drink on! That is all!

it is baffling. universities need to offer classes to student athletes about how to be a professional athlete. how to manage money, image, and protect yourself.

ben roethlisberger is a pretty crazy example. how did he keep getting into trouble? you have an entourage. designate one member a dd who also makes sure you do not do anything stupid.

it is baffling. universities need to offer classes to student athletes about how to be a professional athlete. how to manage money, image, and protect yourself.

ben roethlisberger is a pretty crazy example. how did he keep getting into trouble? you have an entourage. designate one member a dd who also makes sure you do not do anything stupid.

the football program does. they have weekly (or maybe more often) "lifeskills" type of classes that discuss all of this sort of thing.

the football program does. they have weekly (or maybe more often) "lifeskills" type of classes that discuss all of this sort of thing.

i thought they might. you can lead a dennard to a class, but you cannot make him pay attention.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but it is interesting that he never did anything like this (that I'm aware of) until he was done with Nebraska. (Unless you count getting kicked out of his last game). It's like once he was out from under Pelini's thumb he decided to start being an idiot.

I'm probably reading too much into it, but it is interesting that he never did anything like this (that I'm aware of) until he was done with Nebraska. (Unless you count getting kicked out of his last game). It's like once he was out from under Pelini's thumb he decided to start being an idiot.

It's Lawrence Phillips like. Lawrence had one incident. It was major, yes. But it was one. Then, no more TO, and he goes all out nutso on us.

It's Lawrence Phillips like. Lawrence had one incident. It was major, yes. But it was one. Then, no more TO, and he goes all out nutso on us.

The only difference with LP is that people have stated even while in college he was a fine guy to be around, but once he started drinking watch out.

The only difference with LP is that people have stated even while in college he was a fine guy to be around, but once he started drinking watch out.

Yes, that is true. I read some things from the past about Phillips from back then the other day when I involved myself in the Urban Meyer/Aaron Hernandez discussion. Even TO was quoted as saying Lawrence was a very laid back gentleman, but did have an extremely "explosive" tendency, one that he himself had seen.

wonder what this does to his probation for the other offense.

According to court records, the first requirement as part of his probation is "he shall not violate any laws and shall refrain from disorderly conduct or acts injurious to others."

So, direct violation of his probation.

The level of poor judgement in this baffling. The DUI is bad enough and inexcusable, but throw on that he refused to give a chemical test and provided an insufficient breath for the breathalyzer? That sounds like they tried to breathalyze him, he acted immature and either didn't do it or gave a little joke of a breath.

After the Hernandez situation, I wouldn't be surprised if they cut him. In their shoes, I'd probably cut him. He's expendable and this is the second case of poor judgement he's shown in a little over a year.