Dennard Arrested for Assault

I don't think that should make the Patriots look bad. Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick want to to give these guys a second chance. They do that with many players, like Wes Welker, for example. The correlation between them signing players like that should not affect their image. These guys are adults and are responsible for their own actions. You can't blame the Patriots for what they decide to do off the field.

So your saying that if Huskers had players do dumb sh#t off the field, that the University wouldn't be getting a bad rap for it? You know we would just as we would look down at Alabama when their players do dumb sh#t and say it's all Saban's fault.

There's a difference here between college football and the NFL, and I think that's what what he was saying when he said the players are adults.

So your saying that students at college aren't adults? I hold them just as accountable as much as I held my troops in the military.

I don't think that should make the Patriots look bad. Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick want to to give these guys a second chance. They do that with many players, like Wes Welker, for example. The correlation between them signing players like that should not affect their image. These guys are adults and are responsible for their own actions. You can't blame the Patriots for what they decide to do off the field.

So your saying that if Huskers had players do dumb sh#t off the field, that the University wouldn't be getting a bad rap for it? You know we would just as we would look down at Alabama when their players do dumb sh#t and say it's all Saban's fault.

There's a difference here between college football and the NFL, and I think that's what what he was saying when he said the players are adults.

So your saying that students at college aren't adults? I hold them just as accountable as much as I held my troops in the military.

Would you consider the 18 year olds who haven't gone through boot camp to be mature and capable of doing the same things that those who have gone through it do?

I don't consider most 18-22 year students at college to be mature adults, no. But I think people who choose to join the military are (in general) a different type of person than student athletes.

I think any run in with the law doesn't make anyone look good, and it reflects on whatever label your wearing. Whether its collegiate or professional sports. Same goes for famous people.

In this case, we are all looking from outside, in. We don't know what happened. IMO, Dennard shouldn't have put himself in that position to be questioned, knowing the LPD don't care for him. The guy only gets 30 days for assaulting one of their own. Its a DUI, and he broke team rules. There should be a punishment, but this isn't a major deal to be kicked off the team, unless it was a repeated offense. Which its not. He has been charged with "suspicion of a dui" but they couldn't prove he was under the influence. The reports I have seen, he passed field tests, and blew under .08. If they had thought he was really intoxicated, they would have done a blood test. I am not saying he was targeted, because I honestly don't know, but he has not been found guilty. It actually makes me wonder why he was pulled over in the first place... Anyone read why he was?

Regardless, by the sounds of it and Alfonzo's claim, this is going to be easy peasy work for some lawyer. He's gonna get off of this thing easy. And we probably won't hear much to anything at all about it. Nothing to see here. They tried to nab him again on a grudge and failed, plain and simple.

Okay, I don't remember how this board acts about these things but two other boards I used to post on all the time always seemed to take the stance that the "Lincoln PD was out to get Husker Football Players"

I always found that take to be SOOOO ANNOYING

Yeah? Well, both of those boards found you to be SOOOO ANNOYING. :devil

Okay, I don't remember how this board acts about these things but two other boards I used to post on all the time always seemed to take the stance that the "Lincoln PD was out to get Husker Football Players"

Yeah that is a little hard to believe. If anything I would think it is the other way around. I'm guessing there is a whole lot of minor stuff that gets swept under the rug by officers who have a rooting interest. I'm guessing a lot of players have got a good scolding and been told don't do it again or else.

The guy who wrote this article should be banned from further journalistic endeavors until he takes a remedial typing class.

He said that Dennard was on probation probation. I am thinking it is something like double secret probation from Animal House.

http://journalstar.com/news/local/911/prosecutor-asks-judge-to-revoke-dennard-s-probation/article_4e70e724-ca75-51d6-a030-3e3b1de3835a.html

Yeah that is a little hard to believe. If anything I would think it is the other way around. I'm guessing there is a whole lot of minor stuff that gets swept under the rug by officers who have a rooting interest. I'm guessing a lot of players have got a good scolding and been told don't do it again or else.

Heh, that was a joke for Teachercd, I know him from both of those boards he was talking about. :smokin

Would you consider the 18 year olds who haven't gone through boot camp to be mature and capable of doing the same things that those who have gone through it do?

I don't consider most 18-22 year students at college to be mature adults, no. But I think people who choose to join the military are (in general) a different type of person than student athletes.

Trust me, they are the same, they just get the wrist slapped harder when they screw up.

While I am not saying this is the case here involving Dennard and I am not saying this still is happening in Lincoln, but many years ago, there were public accusations that the LPD used a marker on bumpers of cars parked in taverns and when they shined a black light on the auto as it passed by, they could tell the car came from a bar. :dunno

• 1 month later...

He's back in Nebraska today and apparently violated his parole....

After New England Patriots cornerback Alfonzo Dennard admitted in court today that he had violated his probation, it could have been disastrous for the team. While everything seems okay for him for the month of September, he still has a court date on October 8 regarding his recent DUI charge.

In addition to that, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell could always hand down a suspension to Dennard if it was deemed that he violated the league’s personal conduct policy. If that weren’t enough, he still has his probation revocation hearing to deal with in December.

Perhaps the most disturbing development to come out of the hearing today was that he admitted only having two beers four and a half hours before driving. That was clearly not the case as common sense would tell you that he drank much more than that.

http://www.rantsport...fter-court-date

:facepalm:

• 2 months later...

Lori Pilger@LJSpilger 23m

Alfonzo #Dennard's attorney is making his pitch for sentencing continuance as I type this. #Patriots

Lori Pilger@LJSpilger 21m

State objects to continuance; Judge Stacy denies #Dennard's motion to continue sentencing on probation violation.

Lori Pilger@LJSpilger 6m

Judge Stacy denies motion to revoke #Dennard's probation. But modifies terms.

Lori Pilger@LJSpilger 5m

Judge extends #Dennard's probation a year, adds 100 hours of community service, adds no-alcohol condition. #Patriots #Huskers

Lori Pilger@LJSpilger 3m

Judge also adds 30 days to Alfonzo #Dennard's jail sentence to start in March. #Patriots #Huskers

Lori Pilger@LJSpilger 2m

#Dennard now has to report to jail March 31 for 60-day sentence or 38 days with good time. #Patriots #Huskers

• Fire 1