Dennard Arrested for Assault

I wonder if they will give him house arrest, or some sort, since he doesn't have a previous record.

According to your link it's jail . . . not house arrest.

House arrest is an option they will give you, once your in custody. Depending if he has a home in Lincoln he can stay in, and if his charge falls inside their "House Arrest" guidelines, then they will ask him if he wants to do house arrest, or sit it out. I am just not sure if Assault would nullify that option.

I wonder if they will give him house arrest, or some sort, since he doesn't have a previous record.

According to your link it's jail . . . not house arrest.

House arrest is an option they will give you, once your in custody. Depending if he has a home in Lincoln he can stay in, and if his charge falls inside their "House Arrest" guidelines, then they will ask him if he wants to do house arrest, or sit it out. I am just not sure if Assault would nullify that option.

Sounds like he'll walk the line for the next year, do his community service - then ask the judge to commute the jail time. With out things usually go in cases like that - it's likely they will.

not bad at all. it does not change his life in any meaningful way, it is mostly just an inconvenience.

Other than the felony, that might hurt later in life.

that is true, no one wants a felony on their record. but if he is smart with his money and image from here on out, he should be ok.

I'm not sure how Lancaster County handles their house arrest but they generally specify the type of incarceration in the sentencing order.

State custody/Penitentiary

County Jail

House Arrest

Etc.

From what I know, house arrest is mostly used for DUIs in Lincoln. Felony assault generally results in actual jail time. (Unless Dennard caught the judge on a particularly lenient day.)

I'm not sure how Lancaster County handles their house arrest but they generally specify the type of incarceration in the sentencing order.

State custody/Penitentiary

County Jail

House Arrest

Etc.

From what I know, house arrest is mostly used for DUIs in Lincoln. Felony assault generally results in actual jail time. (Unless Dennard caught the judge on a particularly lenient day.)

I had to spend 90 days in Douglas County, and on my second day, I got called to go to a meeting, where they asked me if I wanted to spend it on house arrest. I had to pay an X amount a day, and an initial set up fee, but the judge said nothing about house arrest or anything like that. Like I said, I am not sure if his charge would nullify that option, but I don't think the judge says what you can get. I know work release, you have to fill out a paper for permission.

He may not spend a day in jail if he abides by the law and gets his community service done.

The jail sentence is set to begin next March. Dennard's attorney Terry Dougherty said he would ask Lancaster County District Judge Stephanie Stacy to suspend the jail sentence if Dennard complies with the terms of his probation over the next 11 months. Stacy said she would consider such a motion at that time.

I had to spend 90 days in Douglas County, and on my second day, I got called to go to a meeting, where they asked me if I wanted to spend it on house arrest. I had to pay an X amount a day, and an initial set up fee, but the judge said nothing about house arrest or anything like that. Like I said, I am not sure if his charge would nullify that option, but I don't think the judge says what you can get. I know work release, you have to fill out a paper for permission.

DUI 3rd aggravated?

I've never seen house arrest for felony assault but judges have a lot of latitude.

DUI 3rd aggravated?

I've never seen house arrest for felony assault but judges have a lot of latitude.

2nd offense when I was 21. Long story, but I should have never been charged. I bit the bullet and moved on in life. Lesson learned, though, I don't even drive if I have a single beer in me in the last 3 hours.

Felony Assault may be part of the charges that would nullify the option for house arrest, I wasn't sure if it was, that is why I said "if".

2nd offense when I was 21. Long story, but I should have never been charged. I bit the bullet and moved on in life. Lesson learned, though, I don't even drive if I have a single beer in me in the last 3 hours.

Sounds like quite a story. I watch the drinking and driving pretty closely as well.

Sounds like quite a story. I watch the drinking and driving pretty closely as well.

Long story short, first breathalyzer I blew a .05. A friend of mine fell down a set of stairs 10 minutes after I got to his place. He was pretty messed up, so I took him to the hospital myself, because he didn't have insurance, and the ambulance is outrageous. I had drinking a beer and JUST took a shot of Sailor Jerry's. The only two things in my system I got pulled over for doing 7 over, told the officer what was going on. He called an ambulance, and about 30 minutes later, I started to slur my words a bit (I was a light weight) and they gave be another breathalyzer and I blew over. I shouldn't have drove, given that I did have a drink and a shot, but no way in hell did I think I would be over the legal limit. After a few classes, I realized that it takes 45 minutes for alcohol to take full effect. Lesson learned though. I tried to fight it, but my "good" lawyer ended up being completely worthless and a waste of money. 1 beer in the last 3 hours, I don't drive lol.

I tried to fight it, but my "good" lawyer ended up being completely worthless and a waste of money.

Do you mind disclosing who it was? If not . . . that's cool. Just always curious as to who is thought of as the "good" lawyers.

I honestly am not a person to slander someone or a company on the internet. I just don't recommend him when someone asks for a lawyer. His work could be much better than it was 6 years ago. He was a young lawyer at the time of my issue.