Sad night tonight

C-Bear's first dog had to be put down tonight. A fun, happy, mixed breed mutt that was a joy for her and all of us. I got suspended from an Ethics class my Jr. year in college when the pious prof. said that dogs had no soul and didn't go to heaven. I told him that there are a lot of souless human's who don't deserve to be in heaven and that we should be happy that dogs let us in. I also told him he was full of s--t and that for all I cared he could go F himself. I walked out of class and he didn't like it. I got to go see the Dean. Lucky thing I won't see that jerek tomorrow because I'd re-introduce myself and let him know that I still to this day think he is a horses a$$.

Dogs are some of the nicest people I know.

T_O_B

C-Bear's first dog had to be put down tonight. A fun, happy, mixed breed mutt that was a joy for her and all of us. I got suspended from an Ethics class my Jr. year in college when the pious prof. said that dogs had no soul and didn't go to heaven. I told him that there are a lot of souless human's who don't deserve to be in heaven and that we should be happy that dogs let us in. I also told him he was full of s--t and that for all I cared he could go F himself. I walked out of class and he didn't like it. I got to go see the Dean. Lucky thing I won't see that jerek tomorrow because I'd re-introduce myself and let him know that I still to this day think he is a horses a$$.

Dogs are some of the nicest people I know.

T_O_B

Sorry to hear about your daughters loss. I also have a dog that I love very much and whenever I come home he always greets me at the door with a shoe or sandal in his mouth lol. Every night he sleeps at the edge of the bed and he likes chasing after shadows. He's only 5 but I still can't bear to imagine how I would react or do if he died tomorrow or a few years from now.

Sorry to hear about C-Bear's (and your) loss T.O.

I'd be interested in how an "Ethics Professor" came to that conclusion.

Thanks for your thoughts and the thoughts of HJ, LMS, T, TD, and BS007.

Catholic University, class taught by Brother Paul.

T_O_B

glad you stood up for yourself and beliefs, i dont think you could have said anything different, a person who would say that is definetely souless

A person who says that dogs don't have souls is soulless?

dogs have souls, every living thing has a soul

Except for people who say dogs don't have souls, of course.

Note: Humans have found no empirical evidence that suggests souls exist.

glad you stood up for yourself and beliefs, i dont think you could have said anything different, a person who would say that is definetely souless

Even plants? cause they are living too

Even plants? cause they are living too

I believe they do, they have emotions too, they shed their leaves before the fall...this is a controversial issue and cannot be proven but imo everything living has a soul...and i think it crazy when people dont think animals do, they experience fear, happiness, sadness, understanding, contentement, anger, excitement, the same things humans do.