Comes out tomorrow at midnight. Who else is getting it?

pre-ordered and installing the client now actually.

I thought about doing that. Did it download at a decent speed?

still downloading. Averaging about a meg a sec. Which is abut the norm for anything I download.

still downloading. Averaging about a meg a sec. Which is abut the norm for anything I download.

I'll probably just download it. I'm guessing we won't be able to do anything until the servers go online?

I'll probably just download it. I'm guessing we won't be able to do anything until the servers go online?

Yep. after install its just a waiting game. I'm sure there will be an update beforehand as well, usually is with this sort of thing

I would place my bets on 12 am pacific.

My download did finish, but it wont install til it goes live. So basically is a download of a 7.5 gig install file. The launcher has an 'install' button on it, and when clicked it says the fires are still raining, Diablo is not yet live.

• Fire 1

I would place my bets on 12 am pacific.

My download did finish, but it wont install til it goes live. So basically is a download of a 7.5 gig install file. The launcher has an 'install' button on it, and when clicked it says the fires are still raining, Diablo is not yet live.

damn, I was hoping that I could play it at 8 PM. Oh well...I've waited about 10 years for this game. I can wait four more hours than the rest of the US :)

For those of you who have been following it, any idea what class you're going to play yet? I've decided on Witch Doctor.

That's what I'll be playing. Game downloaded, installed, and ready for the servers to go online. I got a bottled coke and a can of cope longcut. Gonna knock out my three week session homework for DONU, mow the lawn, walk the dog, take a nap, and then geek waaaaaaaaay out.

I decided to go with the witchdoctor because one of our crew really wants to play wizard, and from playing beta his self intelligence buff is filthy and looks like a lot of fun, haha. Here's hoping inferno is as hard as they make it sound!

Quick question for you, strigori. Will the servers go online at 12 AM eastern time for the entire US, or will they go online at midnight for each of the respective time zones?

I am almost 100% positive we here in Nebraska can play at 2am, aka, 12 am pacfic.

EDIT: Just a general question to all the diablo fans out there: After the waiting for all these years, have the last few days gone by at a crawl or what?

I wouldn't say a crawl. I'm sitting on a backlog of games to get through, so I have things to play. I never did get a massive amount of diablo 2 in the first time around. When it came out I was a pretty big EQ addict(in fact my user name here has its origins there), and when I have tried to go back and play it later, the lack of screen resolution just kills me. I know I played more Titan Quest than D2

I'm glad I decided to call it a night around 1:30 a.m. and not wait for the servers to go online. From what I'm hearing, it was a bit of a mess.

For those of you who are playing with friends, I have a question. I never played Diablo 2 cooperatively. How does it work now, exactly? Do you have the same character in single player as in multiplayer? Can you play without your friends? How does the game balance if you're leveling up and have more time to play than one of your friends - does it force you to play separately from one another or not all?

I mean it isn't like WoW where everything is cooperative with other players, all the time.

I'm glad I decided to call it a night around 1:30 a.m. and not wait for the servers to go online. From what I'm hearing, it was a bit of a mess.

For those of you who are playing with friends, I have a question. I never played Diablo 2 cooperatively. How does it work now, exactly? Do you have the same character in single player as in multiplayer? Can you play without your friends? How does the game balance if you're leveling up and have more time to play than one of your friends - does it force you to play separately from one another or not all?

I mean it isn't like WoW where everything is cooperative with other players, all the time.

Good luck even trying to play it today. Servers are down, and odds are when they come back up its a several hour wait for most people to play anyway. Worst launch I have ever seen of a game. And I've been apart of numerous MMO launches. Multiple people at blizz/activision need to lose jobs. There is no excuse for the level of incompetence involved. The idea that they 'didn't expect' the numbers is pure BS. They know how many discs were shipped, and they know how many online presales were done, as it was only able to be done through their site.

Chars can drop in and out of single and multiplayer. There is a button on the esc menu to open the game to the public even. I don't know the details on level differences though.