Good thing I was able to get on for a little over an hour today, take a shower/eat, and then wait the next several hours as blizzard continued to work through their "urgent" maintenance issues. So, I went over to my girlfriends to help her move some things, thinking Diablo 3 had to be up and running by the time I got back. Instead, it's been delayed another two hours.

I agree, strigori - the level of incompetence right now is just unfathomable. It takes them nearly a decade to make this game, with countless delays over, and over, and over; and, on opening day, this is the best they can do?

On top of that, they want a single player queue? FFS Blizzard.

seems like they got it ironed out after about 15hrs. Its been smooth sailing since the servers came back up.

To answer the grouping questions.

its one click to join a friends game. monsters get stronger based on how many people are in the game. It also runs the quests on a shared basis. One person clicks ok, and it counts for everyone.

They are doing more 'emergency maintenance, which is just ridiculous. If its like the stuff earlier, its about 5 hours before they have it going again.

Also does not help they are not communicating through the battle.net site. If you want more up to date info you will have to follow the customer service on twitter @BlizzardCS

They are doing more 'emergency maintenance, which is just ridiculous. If its like the stuff earlier, its about 5 hours before they have it going again.

Also does not help they are not communicating through the battle.net site. If you want more up to date info you will have to follow the customer service on twitter @BlizzardCS

I got to play at about 4am on release day. It was a little frustrating but I got over it rather quickly, haha. (For future reference, you can control + v your password but only if you copy it from somewhere like notepad, otherwise you were wasting your time). WIth that many people spamming logins on already overloaded servers (and trust me, I did it too ) we were basically DDoSing Blizzards servers making a bad situation even worse. I was actually pleased that they took the forums down at that point. The twitter customer service idea is great. I liked it when EA did it with bf3. It's just a much faster way to get the info as everyone is forced to speak concisely and I dont have to look very hard to find out what's going on. It saves on huge numbers of people trying to flood the forums trying to find out what's wrong, which absolutely does not help the stress issues they were having on release night. Tonight was slightly more disheartening, but I took a nap and got back at it when they came up again.

I just called it quits about an hour ago after we got to act 4. Level 4 armorer, just waiting on the pages for 5 with 120k (pooling gold for expedience) in my stash. I love my witch doctor. I hit 30 right before the end of Act III. I'm more excited to get to the harder difficulties than anything. That's always when the fun begins!

How are you building your witch doctor enhance?