They are doing more 'emergency maintenance, which is just ridiculous. If its like the stuff earlier, its about 5 hours before they have it going again.

Also does not help they are not communicating through the battle.net site. If you want more up to date info you will have to follow the customer service on twitter @BlizzardCS

I got to play at about 4am on release day. It was a little frustrating but I got over it rather quickly, haha. (For future reference, you can control + v your password but only if you copy it from somewhere like notepad, otherwise you were wasting your time). WIth that many people spamming logins on already overloaded servers (and trust me, I did it too ) we were basically DDoSing Blizzards servers making a bad situation even worse. I was actually pleased that they took the forums down at that point. The twitter customer service idea is great. I liked it when EA did it with bf3. It's just a much faster way to get the info as everyone is forced to speak concisely and I dont have to look very hard to find out what's going on. It saves on huge numbers of people trying to flood the forums trying to find out what's wrong, which absolutely does not help the stress issues they were having on release night. Tonight was slightly more disheartening, but I took a nap and got back at it when they came up again.

I just called it quits about an hour ago after we got to act 4. Level 4 armorer, just waiting on the pages for 5 with 120k (pooling gold for expedience) in my stash. I love my witch doctor. I hit 30 right before the end of Act III. I'm more excited to get to the harder difficulties than anything. That's always when the fun begins!

How are you building your witch doctor enhance?

Dang! You've gotten a lot further than I have. I tend to run around every level making sure I overturn every rockpile and kill every beast haha. From what I've read on forums, the ending to Act 1 is pretty amazing. I haven't gotten that far, yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

They are doing more 'emergency maintenance, which is just ridiculous. If its like the stuff earlier, its about 5 hours before they have it going again.

Also does not help they are not communicating through the battle.net site. If you want more up to date info you will have to follow the customer service on twitter @BlizzardCS

I got to play at about 4am on release day. It was a little frustrating but I got over it rather quickly, haha. (For future reference, you can control + v your password but only if you copy it from somewhere like notepad, otherwise you were wasting your time). WIth that many people spamming logins on already overloaded servers (and trust me, I did it too ) we were basically DDoSing Blizzards servers making a bad situation even worse. I was actually pleased that they took the forums down at that point. The twitter customer service idea is great. I liked it when EA did it with bf3. It's just a much faster way to get the info as everyone is forced to speak concisely and I dont have to look very hard to find out what's going on. It saves on huge numbers of people trying to flood the forums trying to find out what's wrong, which absolutely does not help the stress issues they were having on release night. Tonight was slightly more disheartening, but I took a nap and got back at it when they came up again.

I just called it quits about an hour ago after we got to act 4. Level 4 armorer, just waiting on the pages for 5 with 120k (pooling gold for expedience) in my stash. I love my witch doctor. I hit 30 right before the end of Act III. I'm more excited to get to the harder difficulties than anything. That's always when the fun begins!

You're already level 30!? Wow! I'm at 15 and I think I'm close to being done with Act 1, but I'm also only soloing everything because the people I was going to play with are either in summer classes or out of the country.

This is the current build I'm working with, given my level. - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bZYdf!Z!aaaa With the low mana cost of corpse spiders (and the ability to spam it), coupled with the slowing/block abilities of grasp of the dead/zombie dogs, it does damage and has great survivability. Ultimately, I think my build is going to look like this - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#bZYdiT!Zcd!aaaaYY

I'm currently struggling between replacing grasp of the dead with haunt because of the massive damage it does, but I don't know for sure. Zombie dogs take enemy aggro, which makes up for not having grasp of the dead, but I can't really decide. What do you think?

You're already level 30!? Wow! I'm at 15 and I think I'm close to being done with Act 1, but I'm also only soloing everything because the people I was going to play with are either in summer classes or out of the country.

This is the current build I'm working with, given my level. - http://us.battle.net...or#bZYdf!Z!aaaa With the low mana cost of corpse spiders (and the ability to spam it), coupled with the slowing/block abilities of grasp of the dead/zombie dogs, it does damage and has great survivability. Ultimately, I think my build is going to look like this - http://us.battle.net...YdiT!Zcd!aaaaYY

I'm currently struggling between replacing grasp of the dead with haunt because of the massive damage it does, but I don't know for sure. Zombie dogs take enemy aggro, which makes up for not having grasp of the dead, but I can't really decide. What do you think?

You should go into your gameplay options and turn on elective mode. This allows you to equip whatever spells, abilities you want without having to be confined to that specific skill set. For instance you can have two offensive spell casts instead of one offensive and one defensive spell. I don't know if you have done this, or not, but it's something to look into. It really should be the default option.

This is the current build I'm working with, given my level. - http://us.battle.net...or#bZYdf!Z!aaaa With the low mana cost of corpse spiders (and the ability to spam it), coupled with the slowing/block abilities of grasp of the dead/zombie dogs, it does damage and has great survivability. Ultimately, I think my build is going to look like this - http://us.battle.net...YdiT!Zcd!aaaaYY

You should go into your gameplay options and turn on elective mode. This allows you to equip whatever spells, abilities you want without having to be confined to that specific skill set. For instance you can have two offensive spell casts instead of one offensive and one defensive spell. I don't know if you have done this, or not, but it's something to look into. It really should be the default option.

You're a lifesaver - I didn't know you could that in the game! I noticed you could do it in the skill calculator on battle.net, but I couldn't do it in the game, so I figured I was limited to the predetermined constructs. This will help a bunch.

Think I will wait about 6 months before even try to play this one. Maybe they will have it woked out by then.

Everything is working well now, at least for me. To my knowledge, exempting the first day, they haven't had any unscheduled maintenance.

Think I will wait about 6 months before even try to play this one. Maybe they will have it woked out by then.

Everything is working well now, at least for me. To my knowledge, exempting the first day, they haven't had any unscheduled maintenance.

I might give it another week or two. My wife is on this new kick about sitting in front of the computer screen though.

I might give it another week or two. My wife is on this new kick about sitting in front of the computer screen though.

Boo.

Tell her you have important dungeons to clear and beasts to destroy. She will understand.

Boo.

Tell her you have important dungeons to clear and beasts to destroy. She will understand.

I don't know man. I just recently moved back in from the dog house. Not quite ready to go back. :D

I just beat it on Normal, and about to move on to Nightmare.

For the most part, I thought everything was great. The levels were unique, quest objectives differed, and the boss battles were exhilarating. If people find Diablo 3 boring or linear then I'm not really sure what they expect out of a video game. It can get a bit repetitive, but as soon as these moments pop up, they're quickly squashed by a plot twist or new foe you haven't faced. For whatever reason, I had the most difficulty defeating Belial over any other boss. I died three or four times fighting him, and died a collective zero times facing The Butcher, Azmodan and Diablo. Granted, this was normal, but I still found this interesting.

This time through, I'm going to take a little more time exploring Act 3 and Act 4. I got so excited to see where the story went I just kind of blew my way through the last two acts, especially Act 4.

I would say the story gets maybe a 7. There are a couple plot twists, but nothing you can't see coming if you are familiar with the genre and pay attention to the foreshadowing. That said the cut scenes are spectacular. They have better production than most animated movies.

The real reason you play a game is the game play. And Diablo 3 brings it in spades. Things are well paced, and never felt bored on my way through. I beat it on normal playing about 90% co-op with a friend. I'm running a Demon Hunter, he's on Witch Doctor. We will start our trek through Nightmare later tonight.

If you had any more specific questions, I'm sure myself or one of the other guys who have been playing would be happy to answer.

Whats the storyline of this game? I have heard it was decent from a few people and wanted to try it. What would you guys give it out of 10?

I think a 7 is pretty fair, as well. The story line itself isn't really mindblowing - heaven vs. hell, bad guys vs. good guys, couple of traitors, etc. Like strigori said, nothing you wouldn't expect or couldn't see through foreshadowing or a general understanding of how video game stories tend to work. The cut scenes were spectacular, however, the minor cut scenes between acts (which show a kind of canvas with some writing and updates you on the story so far) felt a little contrived and out of place. I could have done without them.

• 3 weeks later...

Been playing for a little while now. Took me about a week to a week and a half after release to get started. I signed up for the annual pass for WoW, so I got it as part of that. Fun game, decided to do a monk on my first go-round. Haven't quite gotten through Act I yet. (Yes, been playing that long, and haven't gotten through yet. I have only had a couple or three sessions so far to play. I won't play it around the kids, so I have to wait for a time when they're not around. Can be really difficult to find the time. :D) Had a lot of fun with it so far. Interesting story line. I want to go back up and pick up the previous ones to play through at some point. The monk is a nice balanced character, and gives you a nice feel for the first time you're playing through it. My friend is working on the top difficulty now with a demon hunter, and he says the demon hunter makes things a lot tougher with the type of character it is. Can't wait to be able to find time to play it again, but I've also been playing around a bit with the Mists beta too, as well as trying to finish leveling another WoW character, so the play time I do get is kind of split right now. Fun game to play, though.