QB Jerrod Heard [Texas - Signed LOI]

Ya they are constantly cycling Qb's in there. He probably wouldn't even get the opportunity to start until his junior or senior year, where as he could push for playing time as a freshman or sophomore here. We obvioulsy know Bo will chose the most talented player to start reguardless of his age.

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

he visited texas's spring game this year. they will eventually offer him im glad that we offered him early. Being the first offer for a kid goes a long way with them

I bet if Texas offers he is gone.

Texas has the #1 dual threat qb in the nation committed for 2013 in Vince Young- clone Tyrone Swoopes. This may or may not play into Heard's thinking although currently, Texas's qb depth chart is a joke. I think Bronson Marsh could start over both David Ash and Case McCoy.

I think Swoopes kinda disappeared in the eyes of Texas fans as the recruiting process has moved along. Some are saying that he might not even be the best QB in the state and are saying Heard is the better of the 2.

• 2 weeks later...

he visited texas's spring game this year. they will eventually offer him im glad that we offered him early. Being the first offer for a kid goes a long way with them

I bet if Texas offers he is gone.

Texas has the #1 dual threat qb in the nation committed for 2013 in Vince Young- clone Tyrone Swoopes. This may or may not play into Heard's thinking although currently, Texas's qb depth chart is a joke. I think Bronson Marsh could start over both David Ash and Case McCoy.

I think Swoopes kinda disappeared in the eyes of Texas fans as the recruiting process has moved along. Some are saying that he might not even be the best QB in the state and are saying Heard is the better of the 2.

Swoopes is nowhere near the top QB in the state. Extremely overrated. I'd put Heard as a way better dual-threat prospect.

• 1 year later...