College Football Hall of Fame - 2012 class... No Frazier

We've all heard the stories about how big of a d******d Tommy is...maybe he treated enough people like sh#t over the course of the last 15-20 years that people hold personal grudges against him. Wouldn't rule it out...

Seriously? You're kidding with this, right?

I clicked into ESPN radio towards the end of a conversation between Scott Van Pelt and a couple other ESPN guys (I forget who) when they were gushing sweet nothings about Tommie Frazier. Did anyone else hear it to add about what they were saying? If not, sorry that this post doesn't contribute more, like I said I only caught the end of the conversation.

Tommie will get in eventually, but that's not the point. He should have gotten in on his first attempt [i am not sure when his first attempt was, was it last year?]

With a resume like that, how are you not a fist ballot hall of fame player?

I think it's a lame rule that you cannot select someone for the Hall of Fame from the same school two years in a row, or even during the same year.

I understand "exclusivity," but he should have gotten in before Will Shields.

• Fire 1

I think it's a lame rule that you cannot select someone for the Hall of Fame from the same school two years in a row, or even during the same year.

Agree with your post.

To clear up a point that I brought into the thread, this "rule" does not exist. Ivan Maisel mentioned it in his blog, but Brian Christopherson from the JournalStar did some digging and found out that not only is that not true, USC had players inducted each year from 2000-2005.

Good point Knapp, I saw the same Tweet by Christopherson today as well. It's more of a un-written rule, kind of like how B1G schools don't go after other B1G coaches. It's not applauded or favored, but it can and might happen.

Also, Frazier being a jackass or not, should not be criteria for the Hall of Fame. If that's what's keeping him out of the Hall of Fame, that is wrong. Being a jerk should not be criteria in keeping one in or out. I've heard stories on how he was a jerk, and I've heard the opposite. It depends on who you ask. However, that made him such a great leader and competitor.

Frazier was not well liked among his teammates, but he was respected by his teammates, and they went into battle with him knowing he would be there for them and Frazier stated he would be "nothing" without his teammates.

What should either get him in or not, is what he did on the field. His resume speaks for itself.

I expect the same "on the field" criteria to be held to the same standard for Alberts, Crouch, and future prospects like Suh and whoever else might be eligible in the future.

Isnt it possible that Shields was inducted due more to his accomplishments AFTER college. Yes, he won a major award here, BUT his pinnacle was obvoiusly the double digit years of consecutive pro bowls and starts, as well as his off the field demeanor. I feel Tommie is way more deserving than Shields based on college time alone.

As far as the two year rule, we'll see how that holds up when frickin Bama or USC have players nominated 2 years in a row (yes, I'm playing the bitter "everyone hates us" card)

This. But I do wonder. Art Monk had a pretty good Pro career and took him this long to get in.

We've all heard the stories about how big of a d******d Tommy is...maybe he treated enough people like sh#t over the course of the last 15-20 years that people hold personal grudges against him. Wouldn't rule it out...

We all know it's political. This isn't too far fetched of a theory.

We all know it's political. This isn't too far fetched of a theory.

Except it would presume that the other guys in the hall - even just including the first- and/or second-ballot entrants, didn't have similar reputations. That's pretty far-fetched.