This dude got a surprise in his Arby's sandwich!

Ryan Hart, a 14-year-old boy from Michigan, had a rude surprise when he bit into his Arby's roast beef sandwich. "I was like, 'that's got to be a finger,'" he told the Jackson Citizen Patriot. "It was just nasty."

Reportedly, a restaurant employee cut off her finger with a meat slicer while preparing the meal. She left her station to deal with the emergency, and other employees, who were unaware of the injury, continued to complete the order.

"Somebody loses a finger and you keep sending food out the window," said the teen's mom, Jamie Vail. "I can't believe that." She added that following the gruesome discovery, her son was "traumatized," couldn't eat or sleep, and had been prescribed medication Fox News reports.

http://shine.yahoo.c...-133500879.html

She added that following the gruesome discovery, her son was "traumatized," couldn't eat or sleep, and had been prescribed medication

Prepping for the lawsuit. I can see that this is disgusting. It's not worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If these lawsuits are all to be taken at face value, we have a LOT of very weak-minded people in this country. A shameful amount.

She added that following the gruesome discovery, her son was "traumatized," couldn't eat or sleep, and had been prescribed medication

Prepping for the lawsuit. I can see that this is disgusting. It's not worth hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If these lawsuits are all to be taken at face value, we have a LOT of very weak-minded people in this country. A shameful amount.

No doubt. I wish there was a pic, so we could see just how much finger was in there. The lawsuit should be scaled to the amount of finger.

I've used meat slicers before, way back when I used to work in a smokehouse about 20 years ago. You cannot cut through bone with those things without exerting tremendous force, and even then it's pretty difficult, so I'm guessing it was the end of this woman's finger and not the whole finger. Still very gross, but not "a finger" as the lawsuit alleges.

And if she sliced that off and immediately took off, and there was just tissue sitting in amongst a pile of sliced meat, I could easily see how that would get put into someone's food and served. It's not out of the question and it shouldn't be worth millions.

Right because prescription drugs are going to solve the problem in the long run...

• Fire 1

I'm OK with people suing over stuff like this rather than suing because they burnt their lip drinking hot coffee.

I sure hope that employee doesn't have AIDS or Hepatitis.

Agreed Its hot coffee what did you expect it to be cold?

***cue the guy who knows all the details of the McDonald's coffee lawsuit***

(fyi, it's not me, but someone on here a while back went into great detail about how the coffee was ridiculously overheated or something)

There's the sense that the kid doesn't deserve this much compensation for it, but lawsuits are filed for this much just because they can be. Maybe it'll elicit a lesser out of court settlement. Or if it does go through, getting whacked that much is the only way to hold a company responsible, force it to change and make sure they have strong procedures in place to prevent a repeat performance.

I'm OK with people suing over stuff like this rather than suing because they burnt their lip drinking hot coffee.

If you're referring to the infamous McDonald's case, might want to brush up on the details a bit more ;) It's only a Google's click away, wasn't a lip, and "burnt" and "hot" are both used a bit liberally here.