Blast from the Past

I couldn't not post this LJS article. Its from 2007 and the whole thing is just filled with solid gold:

http://journalstar.c...80288d9f86.html

Highlights:

Nebraska Chancellor Harvey Perlman said Tuesday he is “strongly in support” of Steve Pederson’s performance as Husker athletic director.

In addition, Perlman said he is “very enthusiastic” about Pederson’s high-profile hires of Bill Callahan as football coach and Doc Sadler as men’s basketball coach. Callahan is 22-15 in three seasons at NU, while Sadler’s first Husker team was 17-14 this past season.

* Neither Pederson nor Callahan’s agent wanted to delve into specifics regarding a possible contract extension for the Husker coach. His six-year deal runs through 2009. “I’d rather not go into that, other than to say we want Bill here for a very long time,” Pederson said. “There’s no wavering on our part.”

And how about this at the very bottom!

* Baker Steinkuhler, an offensive lineman from Lincoln Southwest, has been awarded a five-star ranking by

Rivals.com

. He becomes the first Nebraska high school player to receive five stars since the advent of online recruiting rankings in the late 1990s.

Perlman understands Pederson has his share of detractors, many of whom have been vocal and persistent.

“I know there is strong fan support for what’s been happening, and I also know there are clusters of fans that do not approve of the changes that have been made in the athletic department,” he said.

Back when Husker nation was divided in half. It was a troubled time.

Pearlman is also completely opposed to a playoff -_-

And now that it's inevitable, he's against home game semis?

He's pretty much against anything that makes sense in my eyes.

I lose more faith in the guy every time he does and interview. The guy likes to hear himself talk and to feel important. He's dangerous.