Fighting Erstad's at the B1G Tourney.

After watching lots of games during this whole year, i'm not sure the B1G is as bad as we all thought, i've seen tons of athletic plays and good batting. I think Purdue will make a good run in the CWS and hopefully we can sneak in one more team

The B1G isn't terrible. They're better than many leagues out there. But they interviewed (a Husker whose name I've forgotten) on The Ticket on Tuesday, and even he confirmed that the B1G isn't as tough as the Big XII. He says there are better overall athletes in the Big XII, although he did say that the B1G guys are all very scrappy, and give a good fight. But it was clear he felt the B1G was a step down from the Big XII.

After watching lots of games during this whole year, i'm not sure the B1G is as bad as we all thought, i've seen tons of athletic plays and good batting. I think Purdue will make a good run in the CWS and hopefully we can sneak in one more team

The B1G isn't terrible. They're better than many leagues out there. But they interviewed (a Husker whose name I've forgotten) on The Ticket on Tuesday, and even he confirmed that the B1G isn't as tough as the Big XII. He says there are better overall athletes in the Big XII, although he did say that the B1G guys are all very scrappy, and give a good fight. But it was clear he felt the B1G was a step down from the Big XII.

Agreed. If you go to warrennolan.com, they actually have an RPI listed for conferences. By his posting there, the B1G is eleventh out of 32 DI baseball conferences. If you go by win percentage, we're in the same spot. By those standings, the conference is right on the cusp of top third of the conferences. Not great, and not as good as Big XII or even the MVC, but decent, and certainly not as bad as we've heard it made out to be.