DT Robert Zimmerman

• 1 month later...

We have offered quite a few, most of the elite ones across the country. Problem is so has every other big name program. Most these kids have 30 40 even 50 offers. DT is the hardest position to judge talent wise, so when good ones come along teams are all over them, and there are very few. I think #1 on the board is Toby Johnson. I think Josh Augusta from Illinois is moving up our board with the loss of Pagano, and i think we will get a visit out of him. If we do i think we will have a good shot, he tried to make it to BRW but couldnt. Toby is going to be hard to keep away from the SEC but im hoping the Suh factor will finally pay off for us. I see him playing next to Rome in 2013, for a nasty interior d line, with some great talent behind them. We are close to having some great depth at DT with a couple key gets this year. Toby and another HS kid would be good with me. We have some good prospects coming in this year that will redshirt and a couple coming off redshirts from last class that are very good. Toby would be a perfect addition of experience to go along with all this young talent.

I also think Lacouture could end up moving inside later in his career and Mathis if he could somehow qualify would move inside by the time he got to play, so we would be sitting pretty even if we just got Toby this year. Peyton Newell a 2014 kid in Kansas, is already 270 as a junior so he would probably end up inside as well, he will be very highly rated, has already visited, so we have a great shot with him as well.

• Fire 1

We have offered quite a few, most of the elite ones across the country. Problem is so has every other big name program. Most these kids have 30 40 even 50 offers. DT is the hardest position to judge talent wise, so when good ones come along teams are all over them, and there are very few. I think #1 on the board is Toby Johnson. I think Josh Augusta from Illinois is moving up our board with the loss of Pagano, and i think we will get a visit out of him. If we do i think we will have a good shot, he tried to make it to BRW but couldnt. Toby is going to be hard to keep away from the SEC but im hoping the Suh factor will finally pay off for us. I see him playing next to Rome in 2013, for a nasty interior d line, with some great talent behind them. We are close to having some great depth at DT with a couple key gets this year. Toby and another HS kid would be good with me. We have some good prospects coming in this year that will redshirt and a couple coming off redshirts from last class that are very good. Toby would be a perfect addition of experience to go along with all this young talent.

I also think Lacouture could end up moving inside later in his career and Mathis if he could somehow qualify would move inside by the time he got to play, so we would be sitting pretty even if we just got Toby this year. Peyton Newell a 2014 kid in Kansas, is already 270 as a junior so he would probably end up inside as well, he will be very highly rated, has already visited, so we have a great shot with him as well.

Appreciate the analysis man.

• 4 months later...