MIcrosoft Office-Help Please

I use Microsoft Office when working on my book....it keeps coming up Microsoft Office is not responding when I am in the middle of a recipe and I have to restart my computer each time! I ran scans..nothing found...did updates..it has been a real pain to get anything done! Does anyone have an idea why it is acting up all of a sudden and how I can fix it? Thx for any help.

I'm not a computer geek, but here is my 2 cents worth. First, it sounds like something is hanging up, waiting for a response that never comes. It *might* not be an MS Office problem (I take it, you're using MS Word to write with.). It might be some other program that's hanging up. One way to get a hint at what the problem might be is by using Microsoft Task Manager. WIth Task Manager you can see all the programs (applications) that are running. In a different tab you can see the processes that are running, and how much CPU resources each is taking up. It it looks like something is hanging up (waiting for a response), you can shut down that process or close the application. As for opening and using Task Manager, it seems like each MS operating system has a different way of accessing this feature. You'll need to figure out where it is on your computer, in order to open it up and use it. It's probably pinned to a menu ribbon someplace on your desktop. It not it's definitely in your Programs someplace, accessible by clicking on the little colored MS Windows emblem--probably in the lower left corner of your screen. Good luck!

/edit: Using Task Manager will only give you a hint as to where the problem is. Once you figure out the application that's misbehaving, you'll need to reload it or fix it somehow. Either that, or just keep going into Task Manager to kill the offending process each time your machine hangs.

I was getting ready to post a recipe and this thing came up on my computer...it wouldn't let me copy so I wrote it down on what to do in case if Microsoft Office messes up again. I just clicked continue on the message to get it fixed..it repaired one problem. It said to do this...You can click continue to diagnosis..which I did...or you can also run diagnosis at any time. In microsoft windows, click start..point to all programs, point to microsoft office, point to microsoft office tools, click microsoft office diagnosis. Hope this helps someone on this board if this ever happens to them. Thx everyone for your time and help.