Questions about Nebraska football (In June)

So it's only June and I'm feeling the itch. I have questions about this football season that haunt and keep me awake all night. I figured I might as well ask the people of Huskerboard for feedback. Maybe then I will finally be able to sleep.

Will Taylor Martinez be the signal caller we "hope" he can be. Will his game management and decision making improve? Most importantly will he change his throwing form so he looks like a quarterback passing to a receiver instead of pretending to be a wizard casting a spell at a demon troll monster?

Will Rex Burkhead show the Big Ten and the world that he's not just a talented running back but an All American caliber stud by making a Heisman run?

Shall Will Compton take the rocks out of his shoes and find the next gear that the linebacking corps will desperately need with the departure of Lavonte David? If not will the JUCO transfer Zaire Anderson light it up for that unit and remind us of our recently departed Lavonte?

Will Cameron Meredith find a haircut and facial hair combination that doesn't make him look creepy in team photos?

Will the blue hair's get off their asses and start making noise on defensive third and fourth down's or face expulsion from the stadium? Also will they automatically be expelled if they report those around them to security for being too loud?

Will Memorial stadium ever have another vendor that isn't Runza, Amigos, Valentino's, or Fairbury?

Will ABC ever report on a portable toilet fire outside of the stadium again? (Like they did in 1995)

Will Stanley Jean Baptiste become a big time DB or was the OSU into just a fluke?

Will Nebraska fans ever be able to say "We're Back" instead of "We're close to being back." Ever again?

Is this T.O.'s last year as A.D.?

Will the relatively young (with underachieving veterans) defense over achieve like they did in 08?

Will the D play better because Carl is gone and Bo's hands are forced to be on it more?

Will Tim Beck's O click into the monster machine it has the potential to be?

Will Brett Maher kick a 58 yard field goal?

Will Nebraska finally make a dadgum BCS game or win a CCG? 11 years is too damn long to wait!!

That's all I have for June... here's hoping for sleep..!

• Fire 1

Yes

No (he'll have the numbers, not the hype)

Yes to at least one of these.

No

No

Not in this decade.

Now they probably will since you gave some people ideas.

No :(

Yes

No

No because it won't need to overachieve, I think they will be quite good.

Yes and it has nothing to do with Bo, they are going to be better simply without Carl being there. - not to mention Raymond.

Not yet unfortunately.. give it one more year

No but he could.

Yes to one no to the other.

• Fire 1

1. Well at least you have an open mind about him

2. He isn't a Heisman type player. This is not a bad thing.

3. No, he likes the way the rocks in his shoes feels. Plus, they're rare geodes!

4. Yep, he's gonna follow the new edict set by the team to make everyone happy to have hair like Johnny Unitas. Now there's a hairdo you can set yer watch by!

5. Good Lord stop with this. The stadium gets plenty loud when it merits (see OU, 09, OSU, 2011, CU, 08), Stop blaming the "blue hairs" too. Its not like the student section is like Wisconsin's or anything. (cue the "ZOMG but we're so far away and we hold our shoes up, LOL" comments)

6. I have it on good authority that the Dorothy Lynch "dressing injector" is going to be roaming the aisles this year. Be on the lookout!

7. Huh? Maybe, and then we'll finally know we're "back"

8. He's a great athlete. Do you like his coaches? You're answer is probably within, like a wonton!

9. See question 7

10 Mayyyyyybeeeee, but Solich is taking over when he's done.

11. I hope our D does a little better than getting half a hundred hung on it a few times. You need to work on your definition of "overachieving"

12. It will be fine.

13. It will be fine.

14. Probably not, and it won't matter

15. Yes, nice entitlement by the way.

• Fire 1

Taylor? Who knows. He'll never be great, but let's just hope he can be better.

Burkhead. I hope he gets the numbers, but I'm more so hoping he gets the numbers with less carries. Meaning, somebody else is getting some reps, while the offensive line is blocking well enough that Rex is breaking some nicer runs. We shouldn't have to rely on Burkhead carrying the ball 35 times a game this year. If we are stuck in that same situation again this year, to say I'd be disappointed would be an understatement.

There's no reason Compton shouldn't have a great year. Not a Lavonte David type of year, but a solid year nonetheless. Zaire Anderson hasn't played a down for Nebraska, til' he does..........?

Cameron Meredith needs to worry less about his hair and mustache, and more about getting some speed and power back in his body. The guy got shoved around a lot last year, and looked very slow. I think you could put almost anybody in that position and they would be just as effective as Meredith was. Nonexistent. (Meredith is just kind of a bummer for me, I had high hopes for him. With all the talking he does, you'd think he might back it up at some point. I hope he or these coaches finds a way to get more production. I've seen enough patty cake.)

Nebraska's population is 90% blue hairs. Most of them that attend the games believe it is disrespectful to get too loud. I mean, we wouldn't want to confuse the poor opposing team out there with our loud obnoxious cheering. It's much more classy to sit and clap in a calm motivating manner. I think Nebraska fans hated their Wisconsin experience mostly due to the fact that Wisconsin fans know how to do it. Jealousy and envy is an ugly thing. We could learn a few things from those fans, as far as supporting your boys during game time. Bring the NOISE.

Why do you need other vendors? There's enough there the way it is. Your there to watch a game, not stuff your face. Can't cheer with a mouthful of food can you? At least, not very loudly. A beer vendor would be the only thing they need to add.

I don't know, are you planning on lighting another toilet on fire like you did in 95.

If I had to predict it, I would lean toward SJB switching positions 3 more times, never seeing the field again as a starter, maybe getting a few snaps here or there at some position. He will end his career wondering why he let the coaches move him from position to position instead of allowing him to grasp one and become better. I hope he doesn't disappear.

We are "back". We're back to 9-4. Get used to it. It's better than some of those Callisham years.

Is this T.O.'s last year as A.D. I like having the guy around, but dang does he deserve some time to enjoy his life with the one's he loves. He's devoted more to this University than anybody ever has. I know he loves the Program, and that's why he does it. He's done more for this University as an A.D. in the last few years than most could have accomplished in a 20 year stint. It might not be his last year, but he sure deserves a never ending round of applause, and a nice retirement.

Young defense? Where? This defense has Jr's and Sr's all over it. I don't consider being a Jr. or Sr. being young. You ought to know the ropes by then at least a little. Surely more than a FR. or SO.

Bo's hands have always been on the defense. Don't let anyone blow smoke up your ass and say they weren't.

Beck certainly has a lot of talent to play with. It all comes down to Beck, Martinez and Burkheads health. If Beck and Martinez fail, there's always Rex. Let's hope so anyways.

Nope. 56.

Not this year, better make it 12 or 13 before you go expecting things like that.

Get some sleep bud, long long time before game time.

Giant wall of Text

• Fire 1