Jim Delany wants power to fire B1G coaches

Nexus

While you're at it you could get rid of Purdue.

Why would the B1G kick out the only decent University in northern Indiana?

There are other universities in northern Indiana?

Sure there are. Let's see. I can't think of the name. Oh come on. What's the place called--it's on the tip of my tongue. There's a movie from there. About a guy who is in a dead end job and wants out. So he reinvents his life. Starts hanging out with college students from that school. Even though he is a bit older. Oh yeah. The name of the movie is "My Name is Jerry", made at Ball State. So Ball State is the *other* decent northern Indian university. :lol:

• Fire 2

If the idea is to punish PSU football, then all they need do is keep talking about sanctions and the death penalty. Players will be jumping ship and finding other schools to play for until something is finalized. Their program won't be capable of beating Purdue or Indiana on a bad day. Their present coach would ride out the storm for 3 to 4 years, then a new coach might be able to jump start the program after the fires are put out. I don't think the Big 10 or the NCAA wants a strong even close to dominant PSU team.

As Big Ten fans we have a certain sense of pride that our commissioner, James E. Delany, has huge balls. We're talking massive, gorilla, King Kong elephantiasis balls. You might remember the time when he was negotiating a contract extension with the World Wide Leader in sports. ESPN, thinking Jim was to be toyed with, lowballed him and said: Take it or leave it. If you don't take our offer, you are rolling the dice.

Jim's response? Consider them rolled.

LINK

OfftackleEmpire's take on Delaney's grab for power. :lol:

/edit: Just noticed the pic with the article. Shows Delaney and Osborne on the B1G stage, and says: "Both men on this stage may or may not be criminally insane." << Hey. HEY! That's out of bounds!

• 2 weeks later...