Jordan Larson - Olympian, Husker

Some Jordan-related info today. Jordan has been writing a blog for Mizuno about her Olympic Team experiences. LINK

Next up, a link to her Olympic Bio page. (warning - pack a lunch if you're going to read her career accomplishments section - it's pretty long) LINK

An NET radio interview of Jordan, discussing her Olympic experiences and the team's chances at gold: LINK

Jordan's line for the first game of the Brazil match:

Kills - 7

Attempts - 10

Percentage - .700

Blocks - 2

Digs - 4

That's a pretty darned good game against the #2 team in the world.

Man, wish I could see the games, pretty cool though for a small-town Nebraska girl, great to see her success on the world stage!

Jordan's line for the first game of the Brazil match:

Kills - 7

Attempts - 10

Percentage - .700

Blocks - 2

Digs - 4

That's a pretty darned good game against the #2 team in the world.

Man, wish I could see the games, pretty cool though for a small-town Nebraska girl, great to see her success on the world stage!

It is cool to see a small-town girl do well. Hopefully they take it to China tomorrow; I f'ing hate that country. I do have a bit of a hard time rooting for someone that went to Logan View though : )

ps. Logan View blows! (even though I married one of them)

A nice piece about Jordan making the Olympic squad:

From tiny Hooper, Neb. to London: Jordan Larson has impressive Olympic start

LONDON — Early in July, Jordan Larson was pulled from a vigorous workout into a meeting with her coaches, sweating and feeling awkward.

U.S. women's volleyball head coach Hugh McCutcheon addressed her: "We want to nominate you to be part of the 12 going to London."

"I didn't know what to say," Larson said. "I was just like, 'Thanks!'"

It wasn't until later that it hit the native Nebraskan: She was an Olympian.

"I was on the phone with a family friend and I just lost it," Larson said. "I couldn't stop bawling."

A question--were the announcers any better during the Brazil game than they were against South Korea in talking about her?

She honestly was the best damn player on that team against South Korea (even though Hooker had more points), and the announcers kept talking around her. When she would serve, it was silent or they'd just briefly mention her. Anyone else, and they have their school mentioned, accolades, conference affiliation, how many followers on Facebook they had, etc.

I just found it odd that the announcers couldn't find a way to simply say she was a standout at Nebraska and won a NCAA title there. :hmmph

A question--were the announcers any better during the Brazil game than they were against South Korea in talking about her?

She honestly was the best damn player on that team against South Korea (even though Hooker had more points), and the announcers kept talking around her. When she would serve, it was silent or they'd just briefly mention her. Anyone else, and they have their school mentioned, accolades, conference affiliation, how many followers on Facebook they had, etc.

I just found it odd that the announcers couldn't find a way to simply say she was a standout at Nebraska and won a NCAA title there. :hmmph

They talked about Jordan quite a bit against brazil!

I didn't watch the Brazil match, but I did notice this during S. Korea. When they gave the starting lineup, with Jordan actually on the court, in the center of my TV screen, they didn't even mention she was a starter. There are six women on the court - you'd think they could at the very least acknowledge she's a starter.

They talked about Jordan quite a bit against brazil!

Did they ever bother to mention she went to DoNU?

I didn't get to see the Brasil match, unfortunately. Then again, watching 2.5 hours of volleyball on mute isn't exactly all that fun.

Man, does NBC's coverage suck something fierce this year.

• 1 year later...

Saw a tweet from Jordan promoting UNL just now, but didn't recognize the picture as Jordan. Went to her blog and scrolled down a bit and found this:

I walked into practice one morning and the director of the club pulled me aside. I was like oh gosh am I in trouble? He was informing me that a local clothing store wanted to do a photo shoot with some of us players. At first I was really confused and I thought some things got lost in translation. They told me to go to this clothing store to try on clothes for a photo shoot at a later date. I went to the clothing store and when I arrived I was so overwhelmed. It was 3 floors of high end designer clothing from the likes of Mark Jacobs and Burberry. I felt honored to be there and getting a chance to wear such beautiful clothing. I spent about an hour and half trying on clothes and after every outfit taking a picture for future reference. The photo shoot was going to be held two days later. I was nervous but excited at the same time. I arrived at the photo shoot around 12 and after 5 outfits and hair and makeup I finally left at 8. It was such a long day but a great learning experience.

Here's the picture. If this volleyball thing ever ends for Jordan (See: Metcalf, Nancy) she would definitely have a shot at modeling. She's even gorgeouser than you thought...

letUoOj.jpg

• 2 months later...

Latest updates from her playing with Dinamo Kazan in Russia courtesy of teamusa.org

LARSON-BURBACH WITH DINAMO KAZAN IN RUSSIA: Jordan Larson-Burbach (Hooper, Neb.), an outside hitter with the U.S. Women’s National Volleyball Team, is competing once again for Dinamo Kazan in the Russia Super League. In the Russia Super League, Kazan dominated Ufimochka 26-24, 25-15, 25-13 after a slow start on Jan. 8. Larson-Burbach picked up five points with four kills and 13 service receptions. For a video clip of the match,

. Kazan improved to 10-0 overall on Jan. 11 following a 32-30, 25-20, 25-17 victory over Uralochka. Larson-Burbach chipped in 10 points with seven kills, two blocks and an ace. She also handled 18 service receptions with a 50 positive percent and 44 excellent percent. To view a video highlights clip from the match,
. For a photo gallery of the match, click here. Kazan is now two matches ahead of second-place Omichka (8-2) and six points in the standings. In CEV Champions League, Kazan advanced to the Playoff 12 Round where it will face Russian rival Dinamo Moscow in a home-and-home series on Jan. 15 and Jan. 22. Kazan concluded the League stage atop Pool F with a 5-1 record, while Moscow finished 4-2 in Pool B for second place.