Nebraska's Wide Receivers

I would put the depth chart like this:

1: Bell,Westercamp,

2: Enunwa,Allen,

3:Turner,Marlowe,

My one issue with our WR corp, is we dont have a ton of size... Allen and Enunwa will help with 6'2 and 6'3 size... But Bell, Westercamp, turner and Marlowe are all more speed/slant guys which doesnt give as big of a target for a more inaccurate QB.

I am not a Marlowe guy... I think Turner should see a ton of reps there this year... SIMPLE AS THAT!

You do realize Westerkamp is 6'2 - 195?

• Fire 1

Who will be this year's Niles Paul, Brandon Kinnie? Will Reed be again underutilized in the game plan? Will Cotton be blocking on 3rd and short or will we try and "trick" em all season and put Reed in there to wiff and make Rex work? Will the drops be as numerious? Will the controversy be as prevalent?

For all the talent we have on paper, I'm holding my breath with this group. A lot of their production depends on Beck. Thus far I haven't been impressed with how he's utilized the talent there. I know he can exploit it though, he did at Kansas (or Mangino did and Beck watched). Time will tell - at the end of the day they are still Nebraska receivers....and for whatever reason bad things happen.

I really hope Westerkamp redshirts. I dont think he needs to but our future as a program looks more promising than this season. We need to win this season, but we have some talent in front him, and i would love to hear Stanton to Westerkamp for three years.

I think a lot of us are forgetting about a very good QB recruit in Tommy Armstrong, that will be in the program 2 years ahead of Johnny, that was no slouch either. I too think the ceiling is unlimited for Johnny with only one year of experience at QB, but let's not count out Tommy just yet. It will be a great QB battle once TM hits the road.

And yes could be an exciting year for our wideouts, personally don't see Westerkamp Red Shirting though, not with how many freshman played last year. Bo needs to win now or the hot seat will start to warm up.

Was Westercamp here for spring ball? What do we have to judge if he is ready or not? Marlowe was the most consistent out of the bunch last year, I'd rather have a caught ball than big play potential and dropped balls. If Westercamp can master the offense over fall camp we'll see him early, Enunwa is to good of a run blocker to have off the field, Marlowe makes plays, Turner has so much potential I hope he has made big strides and we are able to use him a lot more, and Allen has turned a lot of heads since he has been here we will see him on the field this year. And we all know what Bell is. I believe we have one of the best groups of recievers in the big ten. Throw in our hopefully new TE Sandland next year and watch out!

Was Westercamp here for spring ball? What do we have to judge if he is ready or not? Marlowe was the most consistent out of the bunch last year, I'd rather have a caught ball than big play potential and dropped balls. If Westercamp can master the offense over fall camp we'll see him early, Enunwa is to good of a run blocker to have off the field, Marlowe makes plays, Turner has so much potential I hope he has made big strides and we are able to use him a lot more, and Allen has turned a lot of heads since he has been here we will see him on the field this year. And we all know what Bell is. I believe we have one of the best groups of recievers in the big ten. Throw in our hopefully new TE Sandland next year and watch out!

Marlowe was the most consistent at what? He had 12 catches all year, 6 games with no catches at all. Bell and Enunwa were much better than Marlowe last year.

Marlowe was the most consistent at what? He had 12 catches all year, 6 games with no catches at all. Bell and Enunwa were much better than Marlowe last year.

It's not necessarily how many catches Marlowe had, but the situations surrounding those catches. I broke this down a while ago and I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me right now, but something like half of those catches were for first downs, most of those half were on third-and-long, and I think 25% of them were on go-ahead scoring drives.

Marlowe hasn't always been flashy, but he's clutch, and he's one of the fastest guys on the team if (and this is a refrain we hear all over the team) IF we can get him into space. That's a scheme problem, not a Marlowe problem.

• Fire 1

My one issue with our WR corp, is we dont have a ton of size... Allen and Enunwa will help with 6'2 and 6'3 size... But Bell, Westercamp, turner and Marlowe are all more speed/slant guys which doesnt give as big of a target for a more inaccurate QB.

I am not a Marlowe guy... I think Turner should see a ton of reps there this year... SIMPLE AS THAT!

According to Huskers.com he is 6'0-200 pounds

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=4&SPID=22&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205371667&Q_SEASON=2012

It's not necessarily how many catches Marlowe had, but the situations surrounding those catches. I broke this down a while ago and I don't have the spreadsheet in front of me right now, but something like half of those catches were for first downs, most of those half were on third-and-long, and I think 25% of them were on go-ahead scoring drives.

Marlowe hasn't always been flashy, but he's clutch, and he's one of the fastest guys on the team if (and this is a refrain we hear all over the team) IF we can get him into space. That's a scheme problem, not a Marlowe problem.

Clutch does not equal consistent...Enunwa and Bell both had more first down catches than Marlowe had total catches. I'm not saying Marlowe isn't a quality player, but there is better talented receivers on our team. I think sometimes we over-hype the undersized, speedy white guy.

Clutch does not equal consistent...Enunwa and Bell both had more first down catches than Marlowe had total catches. I'm not saying Marlowe isn't a quality player, but there is better talented receivers on our team. I think sometimes we over-hype the undersized, speedy white guy.

UNDERSIZED SPEEDY WHITE GUY! Wait is that racist???

I have heard from a couple different people that Westerkamp is much closer to the 6'0" than 6'2"

I have heard from a couple different people that Westerkamp is much closer to the 6'0" than 6'2"

So depending on the source he is between 6'0 and 6'2...I just don't see him as a speedy slant guy, he's a pretty thick bodied, physical receiver.

How are you measuring consistency? How many drops did he have? Near as I can remember, he made the catches that were thrown to him without many drops. That's pretty consistent, right?

Only when white people officially become the minority.

Should visit my old hometown!

Only when white people officially become the minority.