Penn St. S Tim Buckley transfers to NC St., Redd leaning to USC.

Foppa

There's a danger to switching, especially right now. You'd be going into a new system just before the start of the season. Certainly you're going to pick a team where you can contribute (start) immediately, but don't expect a warm reception from your new teammates for stealing someone else's position. As far as exposure goes, they are still on TV, and plenty of players on teams that don't make bowls get drafted, including FCS players. It's not like NFL scouts won't be able to find these guys. I don't see exposure as an issue at all. I think the ones who will switch are unhappy at PSU for some reason, are non-starters who often look to transfer anyway, or are in their early years and don't want 3-4 years of no bowls, no championships, etc.

PSU Fans one week ago: "I don't blame any of the players if they transfer, they have to do what is best for them. They will always be part of the PSU family to me"

PSU Fans today: "Seriously, I don't know why any of these guys would transfer, it really shows they have character issues and I am glad they are gone, we don't want them if they were just here for football"

There's a danger to switching, especially right now. You'd be going into a new system just before the start of the season. Certainly you're going to pick a team where you can contribute (start) immediately, but don't expect a warm reception from your new teammates for stealing someone else's position. As far as exposure goes, they are still on TV, and plenty of players on teams that don't make bowls get drafted, including FCS players. It's not like NFL scouts won't be able to find these guys. I don't see exposure as an issue at all. I think the ones who will switch are unhappy at PSU for some reason, are non-starters who often look to transfer anyway, or are in their early years and don't want 3-4 years of no bowls, no championships, etc.

That's a good point. I would think for the most part there is a lot of camaraderie on teams, and even though any team would understand why a PSU player would transfer to their team, it doesn't mean they're best buds.

And Redd, by the way, if and when he transfers, is a little bit more than a non-starter ;)

And Redd, by the way, if and when he transfers, is a little bit more than a non-starter ;)

I haven't followed this too closely to know why he is (or seems to be) leaving. It may be that he is so good that he's confident he can step right in, and maybe even win the Heisman. I don't think there's a way a Penn St athlete wins the Heisman in the next 5 years, and likely much longer. RB isn't all that difficult to learn either.

I haven't followed this too closely to know why he is (or seems to be) leaving. It may be that he is so good that he's confident he can step right in, and maybe even win the Heisman. I don't think there's a way a Penn St athlete wins the Heisman in the next 5 years, and likely much longer. RB isn't all that difficult to learn either.

Well, he's gone to USC now. I was a little surprised at how little depth/experience USC had at RB. I'm thinking he'll start right away there.

Wow, read the stuff those jackasses are saying about Redd on the PSU boards, gross

NU fans get a little crazy at times (myself included), but the more I see of these ignorant morons, the more I want them out of the conference. Hopefully NU beats them so bad this year JoePa's grandfather feels it.

Wow, read the stuff those jackasses are saying about Redd on the PSU boards, gross

NU fans get a little crazy at times (myself included), but the more I see of these ignorant morons, the more I want them out of the conference. Hopefully NU beats them so bad this year JoePa's grandfather feels it.

The part that bugs me is that a week ago they were all like "Oh, I wish them the best of luck, I understand if they leave" then all of a sudden its "You will regret it forever, you are are a traitor"

It's gonna be rough if, at some point, Bill O'Brien decides it isn't worth it anymore, and leaves. The coronation they've given him on the Penn St. message boards will be nothing compared to litany of flith that will spew forth about him. Don't envy what any kid that leaves has to listen to at this juncture, but if that's the way it's going to be, best get out now and be done with it.