Why your team sucks Top 25 edition

Don't get me wrong, I love the Huskers, and I used to think we would win the National Championship every year. Well now, I have faced reality, and this is why I think our team sucks.

1. Fan support. We all love Nebraska football. Some of us only think about it year round, and dig up details on all types of aspects. But we get way too down on the team when they don't perform. Now I know there have been other threads like this talking about how "everyone just shut up at least we don't have Callahan." I'm not trying to be one of those people, because I am one of the people who gets down on the team. But somewhere along the line we all developed this huge ego thinking that we somehow are entitiled to winning championship after championship. We just need to support the team through good and bad. Cliche I know.

2. We need coaches that know how to coach. Now I am not saying we need to replace Bo Pelini because Osbourne had a lot less experience before Bo started and he won 3 national titles. But what legitimate coaches do we have, Ron Brown and Bo. We could have gotten Mike Stoops if we wanted to. We need coordinators that have had some experience being coordinators. And we seriously let our best defensive coach in Ekeler go to Indiana two years ago. Get some good coaches surrounding these people. More than half of Bill Snyder's assistant coaches ended up being head coaches. Could any of our assistant coaches now be head coaches now or later? No. And FAU only hired Carl for name recognition.

3. Recruit recruit recruit sell sell sell. I know we are lucky for getting the caliber of players that we get here, but simple we need the players that Alabama and LSU. Show them girls on campus, show them the campus life. sh#t make it a wet campus, they don't have to drink, but it definitely makes the place more upbeat. Because going to classes at this place seems pretty bland most of the time.

4. Get a quarterback. Taylor can do the job decently and I am not bagging on his game because he can do the job better than anyone on the team right now and especially any of us. But we have not had a great quarterback since Zac Taylor. You could argue Ganz was decent, but Taylor had an arm. Of our last 8 quarterbacks we have only had one that can throw the ball with velocity. Lord, Dailey, Taylor, Beck, Keller, Ganz, Lee, Green, and Martinez. 9 quarterbacks in ten years. We need a blue chip prospect, and hopefully Tommy Armstrong is our guy eventually.

5. Frankly I don't think we will win a national championship the rest of my life. I am 19 and was barely coherent for the championships in the 90's. I had no clue what was going on. I just want this team to win one so badly, but you look at the type of athlete that LSU, Alabama, and Oregon recruit, and we just can't draw those guys for whatever reason. I just don't think we will, I get disappointed year in and year out. I go to every home games. I went to Vtech in 09' Texas in 09', Texas A and M in 10' Oklahoma in 10', Michigan last year, and I just hate the disappointment. Every win seems to be matched by a just as bad loss. I wil never give up on this team, but if I had to bet if we would win one in the next 100 years. I would say no, and it kills me to say that.

5. Frankly I don't think we will win a national championship the rest of my life.

Whoa, that's it!

:ban

Seriously though... I know you're being "realistic" or whatever you call it, but in this case, "realism" is just a kind word for "slit-your-wrist pessimism." Start drinkin' some of this: :koolaid2: