Nebraska to launch Rex Burkhead Heisman website

GSG

http://btn.com/2012/...s-rex-burkhead/

Q & A with Rex

Q: How do you feel when you are mentioned as a Heisman Trophy candidate? The school has even announced that it will have a Heisman campaign for you.

A: It’s humbling, and it’s a cool honor to be recognized. But, as I said before, my ultimate goal is to get to the Big Ten title game. All of that individual stuff will take care of itself. If you worry about that, you are going to lose track of what your main goal should be—and that should be your team goals and for us that’s the Big Ten title game.

Q: Do you ever see Bo Pelini laugh?

A: I have. He’s a funny guy off the field. You just have to get to know him and hang out with him. I love Coach Bo and I love everything about him. He wants what is best for his players and I respect him to the utmost.

I'll admit, I like a good cheesy promotion, soooo......

For those who live in Omaha, there's a building downtown on 15th and Douglas. On the very top level, there is a giant neon "REX."

I was out for a jog earlier this morning and, after seeing this building, got to thinking about Mr. Burkhead. Then I had the wife snap a shot of the building.

Was thinking it would be neat if the building's management lit the windows to say "FOR HEISMAN" each night. There are enough windows, as my bad photoshop below shows:

post-6882-0-42497900-1346429271.jpg

Thoughts?

• Fire 1