One Win by 2 doesn't mean Progress

Maybe, it depends. Bottom line, there are WAAAAAAYYYYYYY too many bowl games. It used to be an honor and a privilege to go to a bowl game. Now, any team with 6 wins can make it.

Then why was it such a big deal that NU didn't make a bowl game last year at a possible 6-5? You make such a big deal out of not getting the 6th win last year and not making a bowl. If it is no longer a priviledge and honor to go to a bowl game, then why did the bowl streak mean anything to you? Just curious. :blink:

It meant alot because it was one of the greatest streaks in the history of all sports. To keep it going was very important, but billy c didnt.

Now its over, and a trip to the net1.com bowl, or whatever it is, doesnt mean anything IMO. I still stand by the thought that most 6-5 teams dont deserve a bowl game.

Does that include a 7-6 Frank Solich team? Who ended up 7-7.

Yeah it does, we didn't belong in a bowl game that year either. The really sucky part this year will be the fact that the bowl selection committee will more than likely try to bring us in against a lot better opponent than our record indicates we should be playing just because they know that NU travels well.

When will people get it that the joke of a schedule Pederson put together guaranteed a winning season. That win over Maine (who most people didn't know had a football program) gives us 6 wins. I'd rather they not go to a bowl game and get beat by 30 pts by Clemson or someone. It's obvious we can hold our own against KSU, but those types of teams don't go bowling.

Dont get me wrong, Im elated for the SRs who got to go out with a win, and I am happy for the players that they will go bowling. With the incompetence of the AD and having to deal with the worst coaches in the league, they had to fight with every last ounce of their ability to win six games, and should be commended.

But, I still feel that a bowl game should be a reward for a great season. IMO, 6-5 is not a great season. 7-6 is not a great season, even though the schedule was a little tougher that year, if I remember correctly. Did the team deserve a bowl that year, probably not. Im glad they went, just like I am glad they will go this year.

May not mean improvement but it is a win. And we are going to a bowl.

I've always like living by this standard.

"If your not trying to get better your getting worse" Meaning you always have to work, you can't ever put it on cruise control because your only going to get worse while the other person is getting better. I think Nebraska the past few years just put it on cruise control ...and look at what has happend.

Were going to a bowl? Big deal. We didn't have to worry about this before steve pederson's decision.

We didn't have to worry about this before steve pederson's decision.

Did the 02 season slip your mind? How many non conference games did we play that year? Troy State, Utah State, McNeese St ring a bell?

I believe I was talking about us making a bowl but ok. We also played arizona state and penn state that year for your info.

We didn't have to worry about this before steve pederson's decision.

Did the 02 season slip your mind? How many non conference games did we play that year? Troy State, Utah State, McNeese St ring a bell?

I believe I was talking about us making a bowl but ok. We also played arizona state and penn state that year for your info.

Thinks for pointing that out. I didn't realize you were talking about making a bowl. :wacko: If you didn't remember we won 7 games that year three coming against the schools I mentioned. So since we had to beat those three crap teams 1 1AA school and two new D-1 schools I would consider that a struggle to make a bowl.

Do you get my point now. Wait I forgot who I was talking to. :bang

i would really love to see the look on adam carricker, jay moore, le kevin smith, or titus adam's face when you tell them that they dont deserve to go to a bowl.

the team played the schedule that was given to them and have become bowl eligible.

now that they have gotten the 6th win they will be more relaxed and will come out with their A game against CU. i dont know if it will be enough to win but i think that it will be a good game.

even if it is the blue field bowl in idaho 4 more weeks of practices. it cant do anything but help the program in the future.

quit complaining and start cheering for the huskers

gbr

i would really love to see the look on adam carricker, jay moore, le kevin smith, or titus adam's face when you tell them that they dont deserve to go to a bowl.

the team played the schedule that was given to them and have become bowl eligible.

now that they have gotten the 6th win they will be more relaxed and will come out with their A game against CU. i dont know if it will be enough to win but i think that it will be a good game.

even if it is the blue field bowl in idaho 4 more weeks of practices. it cant do anything but help the program in the future.

quit complaining and start cheering for the huskers

gbr

:yeah