2012 Presidential Election Polls

"I had a different reaction to that first debate than a lot of people did. I mean I thought, 'Wow, here's old Moderate Mitt. Where have you been, boy, I missed you all these last few years!'

"But I was paying attention in the last two years, and it was like one of these Bain Capital deals -- you know where he's the closer. So he shows up, doesn't really know much about the deals and says, 'Tell me what I'm supposed to say to close.'

"Now, the problem with this deal is the deal was made by 'Severe Conservative' Mitt. That was how he described himself for two whole years. Until three or four days before the debate, they all got together and said, 'Hey, Mitt, this ship is sinking faster than the Titanic, but people are still frustrated about the economy, they want it fixed yesterday. So just show up with a sunny face and say, 'I didn't say all that stuff I said the last two years. I don't have that tax plan I had for the last two years. You gonna believe me or your lying eyes here? Come on! What are you doing?' And if I'd been the president I might have said, 'Well I hate to get in the way of this. I miss you.'"

That's funny coming from someone who criticizes Romney for not having specifics.

Why is that funny? I criticized (and will continue to criticize) Obama for campaigning on "hope and change." Personally, I think it's more amusing that people will criticize vagueness only when it comes from the other party. :lol:

Admittedly, my comment might not pertain to you since you at least admit to at one time being a Republican and so I'm assuming you weren't one that worshiped Obama while he was running last election. The people I have a problem with are the ones that were in love with Obama last time sit back and wrinkle up their noses at Romney because he doesn't give specifics on what he wants to do.

We ALL would love to have specifics out of these people. That is one of the things that I liked about Ross Perot. I loved it that he actually had a game plan to what he was going to do. Too bad he came across as a crazy old coot.

I would absolutely love it if these two candidates would put together 30-60 minute infomercials on each issue they campaign on. Instead, what we have is a world where we are making decisions based on sound bites. That sucks because each campaign takes statements totally out of context and blows them up like they are the most horrible words spoken in the history of the world.

it is really silly to criticize obama's campaign slogan or that he was a community organizer. every campaign has a slogan, so what? are you supposed to have a 35,000 word yard sign explaining proposed free trade agreements?

as for the 'community organizing', why is that a liability? obama tried to help his community, how very dare he? that makes you far more equipped to be a president of the people than owning a large corporate chop shop. let me explain how romney was 'successful': he had a lot of money. money begets money, just as poverty begets poverty.

how these two men spent there time should be less important than how they plan on governing this nation and their potential good/bad efficacy. but if you want to talk about romney's 'success' and obama's community organizing, then so be it. i give the edge to obama.

Seriously???? Really???

You can train to be the President of the United States of America by doing this? What did he do? Get a park put in? Register a few people to vote? Meanwhile, he is going to manage a huge organization of people, make decisions that directly affect people's lives, hire and fire top executive positions, balance a budget....etc????

Wow....Pardon me if I want someone who has proven to actually be able to do those things.

Take all the bain capital crap out of the picture and he STILL has more experience in his little finger than Obama had in his little before he ran for President. In my eyes, he has proven is total lack of experience in making those decisions. He sucked in the debate because he doesn't know how to defend difficult decisions he has had to make. He has never had to do it before.

But...hey....if my town needs a new swimming pool, I know who to call.

• Fire 1

it is really silly to criticize obama's campaign slogan or that he was a community organizer. every campaign has a slogan, so what? are you supposed to have a 35,000 word yard sign explaining proposed free trade agreements?

as for the 'community organizing', why is that a liability? obama tried to help his community, how very dare he? that makes you far more equipped to be a president of the people than owning a large corporate chop shop. let me explain how romney was 'successful': he had a lot of money. money begets money, just as poverty begets poverty.

how these two men spent there time should be less important than how they plan on governing this nation and their potential good/bad efficacy. but if you want to talk about romney's 'success' and obama's community organizing, then so be it. i give the edge to obama.

Seriously???? Really???

You can train to be the President of the United States of America by doing this? What did he do? Get a park put in? Register a few people to vote? Meanwhile, he is going to manage a huge organization of people, make decisions that directly affect people's lives, hire and fire top executive positions, balance a budget....etc????

Wow....Pardon me if I want someone who has proven to actually be able to do those things.

Take all the bain capital crap out of the picture and he STILL has more experience in his little finger than Obama had in his little before he ran for President. In my eyes, he has proven is total lack of experience in making those decisions. He sucked in the debate because he doesn't know how to defend difficult decisions he has had to make. He has never had to do it before.

But...hey....if my town needs a new swimming pool, I know who to call.

yes!!!! seriously!!!!!

how does romney's business 'acumen' help him lead a nation? the gov't is not a business. was that not bush's big advantage, he was a businessman? how did that work out?

I'm assuming you weren't one that worshiped Obama while he was running last election.

Definitely not . . . and I don't worship him while he is running in this election. In fact, I can't think of a single person that I worship . . . let alone a politician.

I would absolutely love it if these two candidates would put together 30-60 minute infomercials on each issue they campaign on.

Me too. None of us should excuse this sort of vague give everyone everything messaging. That shouldn't be excused even if you support the candidate or the party.

Take all the bain capital crap out of the picture and he STILL has more experience in his little finger than Obama had in his little before he ran for President.

Well, Romney certainly has the advantage of running for president for the better part of a decade.

Other than the Bain crap that you want out of the picture . . . what Romney experience are you so impressed by?

Lobbying the US government to bail out the Olympics?

Laying the foundation for Obamacare?

Take all the bain capital crap out of the picture and he STILL has more experience in his little finger than Obama had in his little before he ran for President.

Well, Romney certainly has the advantage of running for president for the better part of a decade.

Other than the Bain crap that you want out of the picture . . . what Romney experience are you so impressed by?

Lobbying the US government to bail out the Olympics?

Laying the foundation for Obamacare?

leaving massachusetts with a 39% approval rating?

Looking at some recent, but a few weeks old, clips of Barack and Michelle Obama. It's funny - a weird part of me wants him to lose this election so he can get on with his life. Beautiful wife, beautiful girls, he's still young, he's got a lot of time left.

I shudder to think what four years of Romneyshambles will look like. But Barack Obama the person - I may wish better things on him than his winning re-election.

Looking at some recent, but a few weeks old, clips of Barack and Michelle Obama. It's funny - a weird part of me wants him to lose this election so he can get on with his life. Beautiful wife, beautiful girls, he's still young, he's got a lot of time left.

I shudder to think what four years of Romneyshambles will look like. But Barack Obama the person - I may wish better things on him than his winning re-election.

it is incredible he still wants this job. however, if america elects romney, we get what we deserve.

it is incredible he still wants this job. however, if america elects romney, we get what we deserve.

I'm not really plugged into this political season.

What do a couple of you Obama supporters fear most about Romney being elected?

You didn't read the first point of his article did you?

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-reasons-we-need-to-reexamine-how-we-elect-presidents/