Boise State Vs. Michigan State

Blackshirts007

Only 12th time under the lights?

That might of been the weirdest thing I noticed about the B1G. None of you guys played at night, Nebraska has played a ton under the lights over the years.

We prefer to kickoff games at eleven in the morning :mellow:

No but really, part of it is that it gets kind of cold at night through much of the season.

On a side note, Maxwell's kind of sucking at the moment.

Weather is pretty much the same here as elsewhere in the B1G. So, take your pick. Stodgy oldtimers who fear change. Or pansies who can't take the cold.

The whole weather thing sucks as an argument.

I know these are amateurs but what better way to get ready for an NFL game than by playing at Night in November?

They are going to play in Chicago,Green Bay, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, New Jersey, Foxboro,Kansas City, Philadelphia and DC anyway

That might of been the weirdest thing I noticed about the B1G. None of you guys played at night, Nebraska has played a ton under the lights over the years.

No but really, part of it is that it gets kind of cold at night through much of the season.

Weather is pretty much the same here as elsewhere in the B1G. So, take your pick. Stodgy oldtimers who fear change. Or pansies who can't take the cold.

Well Nebraska and Lincoln are actually a fair amount warmer than many schools, look up the graphs if you like. The lakes definitely have something to do with it. I've lived in both plains and lakes states and can say that those on the lakes are significantly colder...at least in my experience.

Anyhow that's the reason that the conference gives, too cold. It's a bad argument but it is what it is.

I don't mind it that Michigan St. is losing because I'm so sick of the media talk of how great Michigan State is going to be this year. Boise is ahead 13-10 and they just held Mich St. to 4 downs and have now taken the ball over on around the 35 yard line.

Agree on the media gag. That said, we still get to play them and the higher regard they are held in by the media, the better for us when we stuff them......as in last years total control.

On a normal day I really really want the B1G to win for the conference, but I would LOVE to have everyone shut up about MSU

It seems like all the talk only came in the past month or so and it hit like a ton of bricks. Early and midway through the offseason most talk was focused on Michigan with some respect for NU, then its like everyone forgot MSU lost all that Offensive talent and started picking them to win their division.

Anyhow I want them to win and I still think they will. Dantonio is a magician, he can definitely pull this one out.

Well Nebraska and Lincoln are actually a fair amount warmer than many schools, look up the graphs if you like. The lakes definitely have something to do with it. I've lived in both plains and lakes states and can say that those on the lakes are significantly colder...at least in my experience.

Anyhow that's the reason that the conference gives, too cold. It's a bad argument but it is what it is.

It doesn't get cold at night anywhere in the Big Ten--even during the few weeks that they play in November. We're talking about games that are done by Thanksgiving--not the NFL playoffs.

It doesn't get cold at night anywhere in the Big Ten--even during the few weeks that they play in November. We're talking about games that are done by Thanksgiving--not the NFL playoffs.

So stodgy minded it is. I know Mich didn't even have lights until this year...

Really hoping NU and the networks get some change going for Nov night games.

I can't speak for The Twin Cities,Madison(in November) or Iowa City but the only places I think would be very uncomfortable would be East Lansing, ann arbor and Chicago.

That would hinge on your definition of "cold." Most places you're usually looking at below freezing which at some point was decided to be too cold. That's Madison at least. I remember years where we'd get the first snow of the year around Halloween.

I'm not defending the policy, simply explaining it. Woody makes the best argument for night games...mainly that they're already being done sometimes in the same states. I'm all for night games late in the season but to say its "not cold" is kind of silly. It does get cold. Not February cold but its cold.