One way to fix the defensive line play...

Fuzzy

southern miss would kick the crap out of wisconsin

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic. If not, you may be nuts.

The D line didn't show up very well. The box score doesn't tell the whole story. The Wyoming game last year was tough to watch at times but we ended up covering and the stats didn't look all that bad. To be fair to our guys, Anthony Alford is going to make a lot of D lines look slow.

That was a little joke for bucky...lighten up, francis

In regards to DL and LB, we have lost CRick and David. Who has stepped up to replace them? Who was even comparable to them? Even in 2010, Baker did not enjoy any of the benefit Crick did from SUH in 2009. (SUH vs Crick not even close). I bought into the kool aid that we would be better with Santos, Rose and Zaire, but I have yet to see them. Same with the other true fresh on the DL. Again I have seen little of them. I heard great things out of camp. I heard about the attacking D line, going away from the two gap, more physical etc...., but have not seen that after the SMU game. Now I know we prepared for like 10 QB's and 4 different schemes, but the slowness, tackling and pursuit angles has me worried. These are fundamentals, not scheme.

Hopefully we see a huge improvement this weekend and that the younger guys (recruited for this type of league) start showing up and becoming play makers or it could be along season.

Everyone just needs to relax, well be just fine it was one game.

"We were a little sloppy with our tackling," Nebraska Coach Bo Pelini said. "It was a first game."

Overall, Pelini said, "I think our defense has the potential to be outstanding. We're ahead of where we were at this time last year. But every week presents a new challenge."

I don't see how anyone that watched the game can disagree with what igetbored is saying. We got pushed around by what is supposed to be an inferior opponent. They ran the ball very very well and the defensive line looked very weak. It's not a bash on the team. It's not a f#*k it we suck attitude. It's the cold hard truth. They just have to get better and we should leave it at that for now. There is absolutely no debate that the offensive lines we'll see in Conference play will be much tougher than Southern Miss was.

My two cents on the matter.......Igetbored 2. SkersRule 0.

And I don't see how someone who thinks they know college football, or football in general, can be so wrong about everything.

Southern Miss had 71 yards of offense in the 1st Q.

76 yards in the 2nd Q.

79 yards in the 3rd Q.

36 yards in the 4th Q.

So 71 + 76 +79 + 36 = 262 yards (so obviously I inadvertently added two more yards than I should have.)

I'm not sure how you can consider yourself (or igetdouched) a knowledgeable football fan when our defense only surrendered 260 total yards of offense and less than 80 yards in any of the 4 quarters. If our DL played so poorly as you erroneously think then we would have given up far more yards and points. It would have been ala the Washington game in Lincoln last year.

'SkersRule 56 true and bored 0. :ahhhhhhhh

Edit: Our DL and defensive play wasn't perfect but it was hardly the poor showing you two claim.

Everyone just needs to relax, well be just fine it was one game.

"We were a little sloppy with our tackling," Nebraska Coach Bo Pelini said. "It was a first game."

Overall, Pelini said, "I think our defense has the potential to be outstanding. We're ahead of where we were at this time last year. But every week presents a new challenge."

By the way if this actually happens and we have an "outstanding" D according to Pelini, we may only lose one game this year if any at all. Something different about this team. 09 even 2010 defense and we are looking at one hell of a year. Big 10 is down.

At the end of the day we have still not beaten a team ranked in the top 15 since I don't know when

You're joking right? Pretty sure we dominated a Michigan State team last year who finished in the top 15.

Pretty sure we dominated a top 10 Mizzou team in 2010.....cripes....post some facts and know your sh#t before you post man lol. C'mon. lol = ) You're not doing so well for your inital posts on this board..............

Haha. If that was a requirement here, this would be a pretty uneventful place.

lol I do agree though. Misinformation is what stirs the pot around here most of the time.

Let's see how the next 3-4 games pan out before we start freaking out about the defense. Hell....let's wait til we play Wisconsin...that's the REAL first test. The 2010 defense that finished 11 nationally gave up more yards to WKU in the first game than the Huskers did against SMU. No need to be real concerned just yet.

• Fire 1

Let's see how the next 3-4 games pan out before we start freaking out about the defense. Hell....let's wait til we play Wisconsin...that's the REAL first test. The 2010 defense that finished 11 nationally gave up more yards to WKU in the first game than the Huskers did against SMU. No need to be real concerned just yet.

Totally agree. First game is always hard to judge. Everybody has to work out the kinks.