Imani Cross's ability.

The guy is a bruiser. I was in section 20 and I heard the pads pop all the way up when he ran that guy over.

Do you think that this program could help make him a little faster??

I think so. The think I noticed is that he didn't follow his blocks real well a couple times. That said it's his first CFB game and I'm sure things were moving pretty fast for him. I think he has a great future, and for a freshman in his first game he averaged almost 6 ypg which is pretty good. Abdullah looks faster to me this year than last, and I think you'll see the same with Cross after a year in the program.

He reminded me some of Dan Alexander. If Cross can develop into something like Alexander or better, wow! I think all of us would be pretty happy with that!

Let's just hope his biceps don't get so big that he can't hang onto the ball.

Is that why Dan always fumbled?

Cross being a freshman, is maybe the coolest part of all this. Many of us are chatting about him as though he is a junior. Physically, he is just a towering pile of muscle. Looks like he's already had a career in the NFL, to me.

His work against USM looked tentative, but I think, as others mentioned, it was a deliberate, concise choosing of holes and patterns. He had to consider it, in other words. Once that is pure instinct, he becomes very dangerous. Perhaps not this year, maybe not ever, but if/when it happens, look out.

His college career is barely under way, and I think we are all going to enjoy watching him as much as opposing teams could come to dread planning for him.

I'll guarantee you Cross isn't near as fast as Dan Alexander. At top speed anyway. LINK

But Imani looked very impressive for a true frosh. Don't see a true frosh RB play in his first game at NU very often. And Imani is a nice change-up from Abdulah. The guy is a bull.

Hopefully he can stay on his feet better than Twinkle Toes could.

I kept thinking he looked a little slow too, then you'd see where he went down and it seemed he was gaining 4-6 yds almost very carry.

He is a freshman bruiser. When he learns his keys, holes, and just becomes more confident in his reads, he'll be much better.

In high school he probly just ran people over a lot, that isn't going to quite translate to D1 right away. My fear is that after a decent load today he want see many carries going into conference play and not have a real good chance to learn those things in live game action. I really hope he learns from film, film, film...cuz he did leave some yds out there, that if given the chance he'll capitlaize on them. I like him, I hope he gets more carries.

But it will wear down the backers. Enough pounding, they will get more hesitant on tackling.

I kept thinking he looked a little slow too, then you'd see where he went down and it seemed he was gaining 4-6 yds almost very carry.

He is a freshman bruiser. When he learns his keys, holes, and just becomes more confident in his reads, he'll be much better.

In high school he probly just ran people over a lot, that isn't going to quite translate to D1 right away. My fear is that after a decent load today he want see many carries going into conference play and not have a real good chance to learn those things in live game action. I really hope he learns from film, film, film...cuz he did leave some yds out there, that if given the chance he'll capitlaize on them. I like him, I hope he gets more carries.

But it will wear down the backers. Enough pounding, they will get more hesitant on tackling.

This^. we haven't had a back of this size in quite some time. Late into the 3rd and 4th, Cross and Marrow slamming into the 2nd level is going to get old and tiresome. Imagine once he gets comfortable and starts having to be tackled in the open field. Ouch.