Imani Cross's ability.

I kept thinking he looked a little slow too, then you'd see where he went down and it seemed he was gaining 4-6 yds almost very carry.

He is a freshman bruiser. When he learns his keys, holes, and just becomes more confident in his reads, he'll be much better.

In high school he probly just ran people over a lot, that isn't going to quite translate to D1 right away. My fear is that after a decent load today he want see many carries going into conference play and not have a real good chance to learn those things in live game action. I really hope he learns from film, film, film...cuz he did leave some yds out there, that if given the chance he'll capitlaize on them. I like him, I hope he gets more carries.

I liked seeing Cross and think we need him big now if Rex is out. I can't see Abdullah carrying it much more than he did today. He seems a bit more durable than last year but still a bit undersized IMO. We'll need all hands on deck against UCLA. When I saw all these RB's getting playing time today, I could not help think if Aaron Green must be kicking himself.

I think he was more tentative than slow. He'll hit the holes faster with experience. I didn't see the whole game but the holes weren't always there but he still gained yards. I thought he played well from what I saw. Announcers said he did 41 pull ups. Impressive arm strength so he should be able to hold onto the ball.

• Fire 1

hate that we are burning a redshirt. With Marrow as a big back, Rex all purpose, and Heard and AA as scat backs; seems like a huge waste. One extra year geting bigger and faster, as well as learning the offense and reading holes.... Bo will regret this one.

Not if Rex has problems the rest of the year with that knee if they try to rush him back on the field. I think Cross will be fine, he ran a little tentative, but that's probably from not knowing the offense that well and being a freshman in his first college game. Once he gets confidence..................watch out, this guy may be special. He's not that fast, but how many true freshman running backs look like that guy?!

Had a Notre Dame fan at my house asking how Imani Cross was. I told him by the end of the season you should know who he is :lol:

I know when I seen him step on the field I was like, "holy **** he's a freshman!?" "Look at that guy!" Then when the announcers said he did 41 pullups during his strength test it was obvious this kid is a freak of nature. Thank god he's on our side............ :lol:

• Fire 2

I think he looked slow because our eyes are used to seeing guys like Helu, Burkhead, Abdullah, and Heard. Who are all pretty speedy. Just a different skill set he brings to the table. He'll never be as fast as those guys, and we don't need him to be. Just bring him in during the 4th quarter when opposing defenses have wobbly legs. You could just tell, nobody on that Southern Miss defense wanted to tackle the guy.

Can't believe he's only 18. :lol:

• Fire 1