What We Learned

walksalone

Simple, we got out-coached at every level. Our coaches are young and inexperienced..... and its showing. At some point, our COACHES need to turn the corner. Too bad they spent all winter saying the "players" needed to take more responsibility and needed to turn the corner.

it makes me more pissed it was jim mora, he had a smirk on his face the whole time, ad he looksl ike he has down syndrome

I learned that you can't arm tackle running backs. They were in position all game, and just missed. I frankly do not know how that's fixed.

I am beginning to learn that Tim Beck hates success. I have no idea why they abandoned the run. None.

I learned that Nebraska really does belong in the Big Ten. They absolutely cannot play in CA.

I learned that you can't arm tackle running backs. They were in position all game, and just missed. I frankly do not know how that's fixed.

I am beginning to learn that Tim Beck hates success. I have no idea why they abandoned the run. None.

I learned that Nebraska really does belong in the Big Ten. They absolutely cannot play in CA.

How were the UCLA fans?

Meh. Ive been around them my whole life. My mother went to UCLA even. They were happy, but more so, they were stunned. I literally walked aroun LA all weekend to "Man we just it to be close". For the love of God I actually heard UCLA fans say "Good, that should take the crowd out of the game". -It was their home game-

That's bad. Nebraska had no business losing that game. None.

1. Nebraska has forgotten what has made them Nebraska football. (Power/Option football + Aggressive/Swarming Defense = The real Nebraska football.)

2 We need to return to naming permanent team captains at the beginning of the season.

3. We need to return to handing out ONLY 11 blackshirt jerseys at the beginning of the season and use those 11 jerseys as incentives to the rest of the defense that covets being defensive starters at Nebraska. Being a Blackshirt isn't just a name...it's a mindset, a style of play, an expectation of excellence.

I could go on, but I will stop at 3 for now.

Nailed it.

Agree.

I was at the game. What we learned.

1) We don't know how to make defensive adjustments, UCLA ran basic football against us...hand to the RB coming across in motion or throw in the flat. We could not defend this. Welcome getting absolutely thrashed by Ohio St. and Michigan...these games are blowouts this year.

2) Our defense is horrible. Can't tackle, can't pressure, get dragged and juked all over the place. We must abandon the 2-gap. We do not play downhill and until we do, we are a mid-tier team.

3) The lack of QB pressure now makes any QB look Heisman like against us. This has become a systemic problem. Hundley did not throw the deep ball well, he did not throw well under pressure, but he threw the short routes very well. So what do we do, apply no pressure and left the short middle routes open all day as well as the predictable passes to the flat open all day. Mind-boggling how bad we could not defend this or adjust on it. This is a freshman QB and he pitched a picnic in the pocket and made very easy throws. Mora must have been loving it as his freshman QB had a very easy game to manage.

4) Moving Baker Steinkuhler to DT (when he was 5-star O-Lineman) now looks to be one of the worst decisions ever.

5) Maher has become a liability at punter. Clutch kicking that long FG twice before the half but he needs to go as punter now.

Focus on kicking, he needs it.

6) I am not down on TMart and give him props. Being at the game, you knew the ONLY way we were going to win (in absence of Rex) was to have TMart do something spectacular. His long TD run was the highlight of the game for the fans. We put up 30 but gave way too much up on defense and TMart never had good field position while we handed field position to UCLA all night.

7) I knew it was not our night with fumbling to start second half.

8) I have been a Bo supporter all this time but now getting frustrated that he can't get this team out of mediocrity. We really have no signature wins to speak of and the stupid plays are getting old. Today's game, last 2 bowl games, VA Tech losses, laying an egg vs. Texas, Northwestern, Iowa St. Obviously we see this year through with him but he needs to turn this around. There were great fans at the game and really supported the team today. We deserve better...it is getting old...this is NEBRASKA.

It isn't a program killing loss.... the program's been dead for years. I think I only realized it now though. Up until this point, I was delusional to think we were on our way back. We're not. We're not even close. We may not ever be again. Maybe 20 years, I don't know. One guy says we're one coaching change from Notre Dame. No. We have become Notre Dame. Except they still get better recruits than we do.

Perhaps this loss is too fresh for me to be objective about anything, but I've already lost my mojo for this season. 2 games in. Oh sure, there's a lot of football to be played. I don't have any reason to believe it is gonna get any better than this. If anyone wants to get excited over the possibility of going 9-4 and losing in the Outback Bowl, then more power to them.

That's what we are now. I guess I should get used to it. I'm still gonna watch. I'm just not gonna get involved anymore... at least until we bring in somebody who can teach players to correctly block and tackle.

I'm just glad I did see the 90s with my own eyes. I have the ticket stubs and the photos to prove they actually happened, and weren't a figment of my imagination.