horrible coaching

melscott62

3rd and 1 at the 21 and we go with a FB dive right into the teeth of their slanting DT's. Play action off that is there, or at least TM beats someone to the sticks. Of course we missed the FG after that. Did anyone else think it looked good?

You read my mind. I thought play action would have been perfect with Martinez instructed to run if the 1st down is available and only pass if there is a guaranteed big gain.

I think Bo's seat need's to start warming up. When Taylor leave's if things aren't better he needs to go. TO hired him because Nebraska needed to improve on defense, Nebraska did and because of poor recruiting and coaching Nebraska is now to slow and misses to many tackles defense. Nebraska's offensive line gets pushed around and Nebraska has trouble defending mobile QB'S. I think he hurt himself by keeping SW when he was hired and despite O-line problems every year he keeps Cotton around. I think he fixed the recruiting this year and is doing a better job with that but if Bo does leave, Nebraska need's to reach deep into those pockets and get a top coach that top recruit's want to play for.

I think Bo gives his coaches too much freedom. Even though he is an excellent defensive mind, every coaching change he has made is reflected in the play of the players who have a new position coach. This leads to inconsistency and lack of cohesion on the defense. I understand his desire to want his coaches to grow (by giving them freedom to chose how to coach their players), but he (in my humble opinion) should have his coaches earn this after they have proven that they master his schemes and/or techniques.

Rice has a better defense than Nebraska.

Seriously. Our kicker sucks. How many times were we in the red zone and didn't score? Four.

We had 14 penalties, many on offense.

QB was hurt.

We still almost had 700 years.

Pelini was a decent defensive coordinator. A bad head coach.

Go away

Why does NU need a defensive coordinator? TO was offensive coordinator. The 2011 season and the 2 games this year stink.

I turned to my brother and said, "we shoved the ball down their throats lsat drive, why did we pass 6 straight plays? The 7th being an INT"

But I'm not going to get too low. We were good last week, we're okay this week. Long season.

But id say the PLAYERS left the plays on the field more than the coaching was so bad: 4-5 dropped passes, literally over a dozen missed tackles, 2 missed fg, bad punts, missed blocks....thats players

• Fire 1