horrible coaching

melscott62

At what point to do we consider parting ways with Bo? I am one of the bigger Bo supporters you will find, but I feel like we are stuck in first gear. I know the "but TO didnt win a NC until X #years" crowd will voice their opinion, but I think if we have another 4 loss season, Nebraska does need to consider their options.

This isn't 1980 anymore -- take a look at the number of years each head coach has been at their school, for the past few NC title winners. I do not see a better product on the field now, then I did in 2008, and I do think that is a problem.

I think the only way you part ways with Bo is if you open up your check book and get a coach that has proven he can win championships as a head coach. If we let Bo go that would be 3 coaches in 10 years we've run out of town. The next one better be a Grandslam homerun or we're Notre Dame.

Tom will never part with Bo. Tom remembers the criticism he faced all those times he couldn't beat OU. Hell he even considered going to Colorado to be head coach. Tom knows Bo is going thru the same problem(s). Tom wasn't always a great coach. Blasphemy I know...but true

Different time different era. We need to recruit speed! Until then...winning 8 or 9 games will become the norm at Nebraska if it hasn't already!

At what point to do we consider parting ways with Bo? I am one of the bigger Bo supporters you will find, but I feel like we are stuck in first gear. I know the "but TO didnt win a NC until X #years" crowd will voice their opinion, but I think if we have another 4 loss season, Nebraska does need to consider their options.

This isn't 1980 anymore -- take a look at the number of years each head coach has been at their school, for the past few NC title winners. I do not see a better product on the field now, then I did in 2008, and I do think that is a problem.

I think the only way you part ways with Bo is if you open up your check book and get a coach that has proven he can win championships as a head coach. If we let Bo go that would be 3 coaches in 10 years we've run out of town. The next one better be a Grandslam homerun or we're Notre Dame.

Tom will never part with Bo. Tom remembers the criticism he faced all those times he couldn't beat OU. Hell he even considered going to Colorado to be head coach. Tom knows Bo is going thru the same problem(s). Tom wasn't always a great coach. Blasphemy I know...but true

Different time different era. We need to recruit speed! Until then...winning 8 or 9 games will become the norm at Nebraska if it hasn't already!

If we had players who were just a half-step faster than the guys we have on the d-line now, we'd be much better off.

Nebraska coach Bo Pelini's salary increased from $2.775 million to $2.875 million this spring — per terms of the revised agreement signed a year ago — but no other financial changes were made to his contract.

Sad, very sad! $2.875 million and we get what? There are homeless kids running the streets of Lincoln, Nebraska and we waste our money watching Sh!t football.

I have been a palini support until now, we have no talent at all the the defensive side of the ball! We are not good and will be lucky to win 7 games this year!

The problem with the defense is only in part due to lack of talent. Yes... it is a factor. But far more the problem is the coaching. The schemes are too complicated --- on 40% of the snaps NU has 2 or more players trying frantically to figure out where they are to line up. Never, ever have I seen such confusion on any college defense --- over and over again, the ball is snapped when we have several guys not even lined up or facing the play. The communication system and/or the schemes are not working. As such, with multiple players not knowing their assignments and others just barely getting set --- playing aggressively and physically is not possible --- they are having a hard time figuring out what the assignment is and cannot focus overly on executing the assignment. AND the players do not wrap up --- they have as a unit worse mechanics in terms of tackling than some high school teams. That is coaching too.

Then there are the half-time adjustments that our opponents far more often than not do better than does NU.

Face it folks... last night should have surprised no one. We have had, have now, and will continue to have a very, very, very poorly coached players. This is not over-reacting to a single loss. This is responding to a pattern that has been in play for years now --- a team that is poorly prepared, plays flat, gets out hustled, gets out physicalled (is that a word?), plays with poor technique, and panics when pressed.

No... the player talent level is somewhat limiting --- but this team, if properly coached (which it is not) could be vastly superior to what we see week in and week out.

Finally, my pre-season prediction of 8-4 or 7-5 regular season still stands. Last night was not at all surprising... anyone watching the past few years would have seen this coaching debacle not as unlikely but pretty much as expected.

They will rebound and play at times well... and again will repeat last night. This is and has been NU football under Pelini. As long as NU is under Pelini... it will remain NU football. We are no better nor any worse now than two years ago. We are headed nowhere... unless recruiting tanks... and then we head the wrong way.

One thing to note re: the offense. We miss Rex badly. That is not to say that Ameer is struggling --- he is not. But having a player that makes yards where there are no holes & who gets stronger as the game goes on (as the opponents get gassed) & who has such huddle leadership --- well... Rex is wildly missed. Missing Kenny Bell at the end did not help either. So... bear that in mind.

I would get rid of Ron Brown too. Dude is too busy attending city council meetings condemning homosexuals. He needs to be out recruiting football players and athletes.

UCLA'S football program cant light a candle up to nebraska's. Pretty sad when a UCLA fan gets excited over one win, i know UCLA has sucked and i know youre jealous of nebraska's football program's success but its ok. Who has more NC's, better winning percentage, more wins and more heisman trophy winners? UCLA is still garbage when it comes to football, they'll never have the success that nebraska has had. UCLA has to resort to bragging about one football win because we all know they dont have anything else to brag about when it comes to football