Rankings are out.....good lord!

mwj98

@True....I'm not too sure we were out coached. There were so many missed tackles. If the players are in position to make plays, then it's on the players. But, who knows.

I can tell you this, I am sick and tired of watching Meredith lose contain. Compton is a tough linebacker, but the guy is slower than creek water. He was constantly trailing folks.

Oh we were out coached, looking at the way Mora interacted with his players and seeing the way his players WANT to win for HIM makes me realize how much we need something like that at Nebraska. I'm not taking anything away from Bo, but you just don't see it here.

We just joined the worlds worst conference.

Well you can always leave.

Why would we do that? We fit right in.

Just a thought for some of the posters on here that want to rag on the Big Ten without end. It's really unnecessary. At the end of the day the Big Ten didn't play UCLA/ASU/OSU last night, NU, Illinois and UW did, and we all lost.

• Fire 2

That puts us around 27, I guess. Maybe 3-4 spots lower than expected -- nothing really to freak out over, although the arbitrary demarcation at 25 does make this more significant. Being now "unranked."

Also, Bucky is right. Being in the Big Ten had nothing to do with us losing to UCLA.

@round...the rb is his man. When the RB went in motion....I was like "oh sh*t!" Cleared out the backer and dump pass. Typical nfl play. Maybe we did get out coached, but I don't think so.

Also, that smirk Mora had on his face when he was trying to ice Maher was priceless. I got mad and took that personally.....lol.

@True....I'm not too sure we were out coached. There were so many missed tackles. If the players are in position to make plays, then it's on the players. But, who knows.

I can tell you this, I am sick and tired of watching Meredith lose contain. Compton is a tough linebacker, but the guy is slower than creek water. He was constantly trailing folks.

I completely agree about Meredith. I throw him under the bus quite a bit, which I really don't like to do (honestly), but the guy doesn't belong on the field. Even that comes back to coaching. At what point does Whaley take a seat? As far as Compton goes, I think he's a good run stuffer, but the run better be straight up the middle, because if it goes outside, he's lost. He seems to lose track of the HB a lot. His speed is not great like you say, but that's coaching problems when you continuously ask a LB'er to cover those routes. I don't know how many times they ran that HB swing pass out of the back field and we never once seemed to adjust to it. I think we even had Meredith jump out there and try to cover it once. Not sure what the thinking process is on that one?

I think UCLA showed us how effective an attacking defense can be. They swarmed to the ball and they gave us no time. I just don't believe that we don't have the players to swarm an opponents offense as well. Instead, we continue to play this "bend don't break" philosophy. I think it's killing us and making some talented guys look very "mediocre" at best. Our defensive line and our LB'ers are really struggling and the part I don't understand is that we seem to have some very talented (yes unproven) young men on this team that don't see the field. When the starters are struggling like they were last night, there's no reason in the 2nd game of the year, you don't make some changes and see what someone else can bring to the table. I won't buy this bullsh#t about more talented guys not seeing the field because they don't "know the system". If knowing the system was so important. Lavonte David wouldn't be Nebraska's all time tackle leader. Hell, Lavonte and Stafford wouldn't even have been on the field here.

We just joined the worlds worst conference.

Well you can always leave.

And go where Bucky???? the Mac conference or the Big east/lol The statement should of read like this We just weakened a conference even more by joining them!

Isn't it obvious? Back into the loving arms of Texas.

I came off as maybe being a bit cheeky but I'm serious. It's the same approach I have toward whiny Penn State fans. If you begin to hate it so much by all means leave. There are several schools that would love to take your place.

Plain and simple, 653 yards is the 2nd most yards allowed by a Nebraska defense in the history of this program. Offensive play calling was very questionable. We strayed away from the run far too early. Taylor played fine, if he had time to do anything it would have been great. The offensive line struggled a bit, but again, the way UCLA was blitzing, there isn't an offensive line in the country that wouldn't have folded a few times. Overall, I think the players on offense played pretty well. We were just out coached on that side of the ball, and considering Beck is only in his second year as an OC, I can believe that we would be out coached there. This one is on these coaches on the defensive side of the ball. That includes Bo. Tough loss for the Big Red But all is not lost, we can still bounce back and make great season out of this. Who knows, maybe UCLA is one of the best teams we had on this schedule, we just didn't know it.

• Fire 1