Rankings are out.....good lord!

mwj98

What do you really expect on a Nebraska forum after a heartbreaking loss? In your own words, you could always leave.

Did you bash the Big XII when you lost to USC in 2007?

I expect to see a meltdown. I expect to see some frustration with the Big Ten, hell I'm frustrated, but I hate to see the unqualified trashing of our conference as if it's Delaney's fault that you lost or as if you regret having set up shop with us.

...and yes I will be leaving soon.

1. It does consist of member teams but slapping that B1G logo on your uniform didn't cause you to lose that game. How many of your key players were recruited into NU as a Big XII team? Most if not all. NU lost this game because UCLA wanted it more and was the better team. An SEC roundel wouldn't have changed that. Nebraska would've lost whatever conference they were in.

2. You're right, they get attention because every sportswriter is in their seventies and remembers the good old days. It has nothing to do with the seventeen national championships, eighteen Heisman trophy winners or twenty five BCS bowl appearances.

3. "The army is out of step with my son"

4. Afterthought? We're a founding member of the Big Ten, been in it for 116 years, you've been it for one. We won the first conference football championship and the first conference championship game. We've won the conference five times in the last twenty years parlaying those titles into three successful trips to the Rose Bowl. We fit in academically and compete in every major sport we field, something Nebraska simply cannot say.

I was defending the conference. I wasn't being condescending but if you want it here it goes: Football is the only thing Nebraska has that anyone truly cares about and if your team continues upon its current trajectory it will soon lose all relevance. You'll not only be the new kid but you'll also be the real afterthought, God willing we dump you when ND finally comes to the table. :sarcasm

Like I said, you've been in this conference for one year. The Big Ten lowered several standards in adding you. It doesn't create the best impression with outsiders when many of you criticize the conference you chose to join so vehemently and so early. If you, collectively, decide it sucks so bad and you hate it so much then perhaps it would be in your best interests to seek membership in another league.

Okay, so now we are going to get into the: "we have higher admission standards than you", "we've been around longer than you", "we have 17 national championships...." Okay..bucky...whatever, I have met many a wiscy grad over the years and have been very impressed by the intellectual prowess :sarcasm . 17 national championships? (by the way, Michigan's in `97 and Ohio State's in `70 don't count...and Ohio state claims another one that they just pulled out of their a** so it's more like 14). So that's 14 national titles between 11 teams? Nebraska has 5 of our own. And Nebraska has 3 Heisman trophy winners. And I don't give a crap how long wiscy has been in the conference, if you ask anyone around the country about the B1G, the conversation aways turns to Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, even Penn State...and yes now even Nebraska. It comes with being a program that wins national titles and has over 800 victories. Even while we are down, we are significant. Nobody care about wiscy. YOU, as a wiscy fan, may be impressed because they went to a couple of Rose Bowls, but nobody else cares...wiscy is not one of the powerhouses....wiscy does not have national championships...really....wiscy is an afterthought. No whining or sniveling on your part will change that. There have been years when Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and Penn State have been down...but they are still the programs that get respect.....much like Nebraska. wiscy gets the same amount of respect as Minnesota or Illinois. So go ahead and think you're important if that's what makes you feel good. It's just not the fact. And, as I said earlier, I have to root for the B1G now that we're in it. But my entire life I have thought the conference was overatted. I have seen it first hand. We hear about the Big-10 all year and then the conference champ comes out here and gets its a** handed to it by a Pac-10 team in the Rose Bowl. Not every year, but often enough that it became comical.

Not out coached. in fact i would say we definitely coached better.

where we lost is that they were simply bigger and faster. One of their Dtackles looked more athletic than our LBers. it was blatantly obvious that they were a much more athletic team. we have some athletes as well but that was just ridiculous.

Absolutely outcoached.....we had 2 rbs averaging 7 yards per carry ......got down 2 and stopped running

I totally agree! Mora stuck it to us and Bo had no answers.....AGAIN

You ask anyone around the country about the B1G, the conversation aways turns to.... Michigan State

You just proved you have no idea what you're talking about. Might I add that at no point was Wisconsin ever relevant to this conversation. I can only assume you brought them up because you're still butt hurt from last year and you're now Wisconcessed.

We'll have a rough year rebuilding from a championship campaign last year and all but that was expected. You guys on the oher hand look to have a tough season but what is it you're rebuilding from exactly? Third in your division and a bad bowl loss to what I'm sure you consider an "afterthought" team.

Carry on delusional kool-aid-guzziling-stuck-in-the-past-chip-on-shoulder-doesn't-understand-how-to-use-paragraph-breaks Husker fan. Remember that you started this. Anyhow, I'm done with you, I refuse to read more of your wall-of-text rambling posts. I feel they've already lowered my IQ enough and fear that if I were to read another the cumalitive effects would damage the intelligence of my progeny. Good day.

We just joined the worlds worst conference.

What's most unfortunate is that it's common knowledge down here that had Nebraska stayed, it would likely have been OU, OSU, Nebraska, and Texas Tech that headed together to a realigned Pac 16, leaving Texas to stew in its own arrogant juices. What coulda been...

down where? i have never hear of this.

You ask anyone around the country about the B1G, the conversation aways turns to.... Michigan State

You just proved you have no idea what you're talking about. Might I add that at no point was Wisconsin ever relevant to this conversation. I can only assume you brought them up because you're still butt hurt from last year and you're now Wisconcessed.

We'll have a rough year rebuilding from a championship campaign last year and all but that was expected. You guys on the oher hand look to have a tough season but what is it you're rebuilding from exactly? Third in your division and a bad bowl loss to what I'm sure you consider an "afterthought" team.

Carry on delusional kool-aid-guzziling-stuck-in-the-past-chip-on-shoulder-doesn't-understand-how-to-use-paragraph-breaks Husker fan. Remember that you started this. Anyhow, I'm done with you, I refuse to read more of your wall-of-text rambling posts. I feel they've already lowered my IQ enough and fear that if I were to read another the cumalitive effects would damage the intelligence of my progeny. Good day.

bucky, talk about delusional...you don't realize that around the rest of the country even Michigan State is more relevent than wiscy. You are the one who is butthurt by being the red-headed stepchild....and no mr. internet grammar police (one of the world's most annoying life forms), I don't particularly feel the need to form my posts according to academic writing conventions...you are the epitome of an internet troll....as others have said....just go away. Go find a wiscy or B1G board where they drink the kool-aid flavor you a**hats all drink.

...and my God, please don't tell me you are planning to reproduce...the gene pool is already shallow enough without more of your kind entering. Please crawl back under the rock (or into the tree stump) you came from and die childless. More of your kind is just bad for the entire human race.

Wow....some of you guys get really girly after huh?

Just like Bucky said,

These slow guys that you have on your defense(your words not ours) were recruited to play in the Big XII.

Sparty as a national program? LMAO you would know nothing about the Big Ten if you claim that since almost every team in the conference has been to a Rose Bowl Game since Sparty's last trip. That includes the national powers of Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern.

Wisky has done some grand things considering their mediocre to bad history. 5 Rose Bowls in less than 20 years? Name another NON-Big Name school that can claim that success.

All that ASIDE. Ohio State didn't play last night, Minnesota didn't play last night. The Huskers did. Own it,deal with it and stop trying to rip others down. Get better for 2013.

As an OSU fan I can acknowledge that this conference sucks right now but still will not start piling on the Huskers for NOT helping. Outside of Sparty no game on our schedule is intimidating at all right now( Wisky is so far away that that might change)

• Fire 1

bucky, talk about delusional...you don't realize that around the rest of the country even Michigan State is more relevent than wiscy. You are the one who is butthurt by being the red-headed stepchild....and no mr. internet grammar police (one of the world's most annoying life forms), I don't particularly feel the need to form my posts according to academic writing conventions...you are the epitome of an internet troll....as others have said....just go away. Go find a wiscy or B1G board where they drink the kool-aid flavor you a**hats all drink.

...and my God, please don't tell me you are planning to reproduce...the gene pool is already shallow enough without more of your kind entering. Please crawl back under the rock (or into the tree stump) you came from and die childless. More of your kind is just bad for the entire human race.

Yea this....one word to remember" swallow"

Wow....some of you guys get really girly after huh?

Just like Bucky said,

These slow guys that you have on your defense(your words not ours) were recruited to play in the Big XII.

Sparty as a national program? LMAO you would know nothing about the Big Ten if you claim that since almost every team in the conference has been to a Rose Bowl Game since Sparty's last trip. That includes the national powers of Purdue, Illinois and Northwestern.

Wisky has done some grand things considering their mediocre to bad history. 5 Rose Bowls in less than 20 years? Name another NON-Big Name school that can claim that success.

All that ASIDE. Ohio State didn't play last night, Minnesota didn't play last night. The Huskers did. Own it,deal with it and stop trying to rip others down. Get better for 2013.

As an OSU fan I can acknowledge that this conference sucks right now but still will not start piling on the Huskers for NOT helping. Outside of Sparty no game on our schedule is intimidating at all right now( Wisky is so far away that that might change)

Michigan State has won two legitimate national championships. Wisconsin has won zero. All the trips to the Rose Bowl don't mean dick. The idiot to whom I was replying always wants to talk aobut BCS games (which have only been around for a little over a decade) and the recent wiscy Rose Bowl appearences. What I was saying to HIM/HER was that in the eyes of those of us who have spent our lives outside the B1G, wiscy is an afterthought, insignificant, a nothing program. Sure, once in a while a Northwestern, or Perdue or Illinois will rise up and play well for a few years, but the rest of the country is not impressed with those teams...teams like Wisconsin...it takes national championships to give your program real legitimacy.

Doesn't matter what conference.....based on last nights defensive performance we would have struggled with anyone.

Wonder what West Virginia would do to this defense? Sweet Jesus!

We need to fix it and now. We don't need to fire anyone. TO kept his coaches in place and that is why we have a program. Program....not one or two seasons here and there....a program. We will be fine.

By that broken logic then Minnesota is a more legit program than Nebraska because they have more National Titles.

Wisky has zero national titles and recruits mediocre players.

Notre Dame has several titles and recruits in the top-15 every year.

No one thinks Notre Dame has a better program outside of Beano Cook. I'm not talking about 1958 or 1988. I'm talking about NOW. quit living in the past.

• Fire 1