Hypothetical Pelini Replacement

That was the Gruden Bowl. I don't credit Callahan for the Raiders' AFC Championship. Also, Cosgrove was his downfall. He got the players here and ran a good offense. If he had kept Bo as DC he might still be here.

Callahan showed his ineptness in that super bowl. Jon Lynch walked up to Gruden on the side lines, and you could hear him say to Gruden, "he's doing everything you said he would". Callahan was the wrong choice for this program. He managed to destroy tradition in a little less than 3 years.

This thread is rediclious! It's week 2. Take a breath and relax! You can become mad again if we finish 11-1 and tht loss against UCLA cost us shot at NC. Otherwise I would assume most of you thought a Big-10 title and a BCS game was the goal of the season... Rose or better! Everything is still on the table for the year! It was disappointing but in the grand scheme of the season everyting is still very obtainable! Cmon Blackshirts let's go! GBR!

I like this thread because all the Bo supporters come out in bunches to try and stop it and it's quite fun to watch, wonder if they'd also show up to the meeting between Tom and Bo and try to stop that too. Also how about this offseason when Bo goes and looks for another job and when nobody will hire him he comes back and acts like he wasn't try to leave.

I'm gonna nominate one of my dad's favorites. To quote him, "Bo with a brain" aka Pat Fitzgerald.

i think fitzgerald is the best coach in the B1G, but with all of these names thrown out, why do we believe any of them would come here? are we going to fire bo just because there are better coaches out there? and who says given time bo would not be the best fit for neb.?

I Support Bo but am tired of hearing give him time. We are in year 5 and we make the same mistakes as we did in year 1. It would be different if I saw improvement but we still play bad every other week, still lose at least 1 game a year that we shouldn't and when we play an elite team we haven't competed. I don't worry so much about recruiting as much as developing talent and scheme. He is married to a system, much like an nfl coordinator. We keep saying he needs more help, he hand picked his guys. I am sorry but what on JPs resume led him to think he was a great d coordinator, I mean I hope he is but I think he is in over his head. We play a read a react defense but in football sometimes you have to attack, lining up 2yds off the ball and never moving the safeties up in run support sounds awfully silly to me when our d line and lbs our as weak as they are. Think of it this way, Pelini is a defensive guy or so we say, the last couple years the d has been spotty people keep saying give him time but it is similar to Osborne an offensive guy struggling to score over 10pts a game, we would be killing him. Why is this so much different? I keep saying there are 2 kinds of coaches, ones like Osborne who are intellectually intellegent and have a system and can adapt to do what they have to in order to win, no matter the talent or what the other team does or the coach that is like a gym teacher and all he knows is one system and if he has all the talent and his guys they look good and they win on talent but if he doesn't or you know how to stop his one system you win because he doesn't know how to adapt, which one is Pelini. I hope the first one, I think time will tell. Again I support him and want him to learn but I am just not sure. As for pat Fitzgerald not only do I consider him the best coach in the big 10 but I think he is one of the best coaches in a nation. I have liked this guy since day one, has no talent and yet his team always pulls off a couple upsets, rarely gets destroyed and his teams play hard. I would love to see him running out of the tunnel someday, hell put some pads on him and he might be able to start for us somewhere. Good coach but don't know if he would leave northwestern.

I like this thread because all the Bo supporters come out in bunches to try and stop it and it's quite fun to watch, wonder if they'd also show up to the meeting between Tom and Bo and try to stop that too. Also how about this offseason when Bo goes and looks for another job and when nobody will hire him he comes back and acts like he wasn't try to leave.

what?

what happened to this board? it has gone off its bean.

what?

Point proven, Thank you

what?

Point proven, Thank you

point not proven, you are welcome.

what?

Point proven, Thank you

point not proven, you are welcome.

Quit foiling my logic, you're ruining it!!

Good God I am so sick of reading about Bo being on the hot seat. We are two games into the season......get a freaking grip!!!!!!!!!!If we are at .500 through 10 games then we can talk about this.

What's this program coming to if we can't talk about a coaching change after a 650 yard, inferior to an unranked team whoopin??

Way to show up and throw stones after a loss...

Since its all hypothetical anyway....

Let's make this guy the next head coach

ucla.JPG

We'll make the next guy the DC...who doesn't like a strong pimp hand?!? No more trickeration (Thanks ESPN)...I can assure you that.

20040101b-closeup.jpg

And, last but not least, we should throw in Mr. Powers as OC. He is the MFCEO, so why not MFOC as well? It should be interesting to hear press conferences start with, "Before you say anything, prepare to shut the f*** up."

kenny-powers-eastbound.jpg

There's my dream team. Thoughts?

• Fire 1

I like Kirby Smart, I think he is the next big deal on line. Has worked with Saban for a few years, is the DC, but he would cost more money than Bo. The Arky State coach, can not think of his name(Malzan or something) is a good coach to.

But none are coming here anytime soon. Bo will ride out the storm this year no matter the wins or losses. But improvement must come next year I think. I just hope if he gets between a rock and hard place and has to shuffle the staff, he goes outside and gets qualified assistants.