Out on a Limb

No one should let the game against Idaho State influence their predictions for the rest of the season. (No offense to ISU fans . . . if there are any reading HB)

^^ This. We didn't even play a particularly good game against Idaho State. Some real sloppy play. But we managed to dominate a high school caliber team. Omaha Central would give us about as much tussle as the potato heads. /I exaggerate, of course.

No one should let the game against Idaho State influence their predictions for the rest of the season. (No offense to ISU fans . . . if there are any reading HB)

Yet, if you check out the boards, people are already reserving hotel rooms in Indianapolis and in California again. Apparently nothing was learned from the UCLA game.

We have a long ways to go on defense. Wisconsin should give us a few clues this week. Ohio state will tell us much more.

I worry about the mobile QB's like Denard. If we 2 gap and play contain, then he will eat us alive like last year. Didn't he have a career day against us? I hope Bo has the foresight to load the box and make Denard throw the ball. Alabama and Notre Dame followed that philosophy and it worked well. Problem is that Bo is stubborn and might not follow what the other teams did against Denard.

Miller is another mobile threat with a good arm. That will be a tough game for us to win.

Yet, if you check out the boards, people are already reserving hotel rooms in Indianapolis and in California again. Apparently nothing was learned from the UCLA game.

that has less to do with Nebraska and more to do w/ the state of the Big10. If I told you at the beginning of the season that our biggest obstacle to the CCG would be Northwestern would you have believed me? Not a chance.

Grandpa's Knee, I don't think Bo has aces in the hole that he's intentionally keeping wrapped up. If they are that good and needed - they'll play. Lavonte did, even when he was missing assignments left and right. The thing was, he flew to the ball and he was heads and shoulders above everyone else we had.

I think what we are seeing is just that players have to work their way up in a system. You have to earn a coach's trust, and that isn't something that's just automatically granted. When two players are pretty close, often you go with the steady veteran presence.

That is the case with a guy like Whaley, in my opinion, who has worked extremely hard and had earned his stripes. However, after some struggles, it's only right for the next guy to now get his shot.

Coaches have to be good talent evaluators, but nobody is clairvoyant. Sometimes you just have to let things play out on the field. There has to exist a fair and just system for promotions and demotions, too - players have to work hard to get to where they are, but at the same time, even the hardest workers can't keep the spot if they don't live up to it.

that has less to do with Nebraska and more to do w/ the state of the Big10. If I told you at the beginning of the season that our biggest obstacle to the CCG would be Northwestern would you have believed me? Not a chance.

*THE* biggest obstacle? No.

*ONE OF THE* biggest obstacles? Actually, yes, I would have. But then again, I'm the guy that said we needed to dial our collective hubris back a bit to the board when everyone else was trying to figure out how much we were going to stomp UCLA by. :-|

*THE* biggest obstacle? No.

*ONE OF THE* biggest obstacles? Actually, yes, I would have. But then again, I'm the guy that said we needed to dial our collective hubris back a bit to the board when everyone else was trying to figure out how much we were going to stomp UCLA by. :-|

how can you have more than one of the biggest? isn't the biggest by definition..."the" one and only "biggest". can't have more than one. (and i was w/ you in the "hater" camp pre-ucla)