New AP Poll

FLU

It's what we have. Nothing can be done about it.

My biggest concerns are the various inherent biases that exist in both polls. A beat writer from Minnesota who votes Minnesota number 12 for no apparent reason, or a coach who down-votes an opponent for some unknown reason.

Late in the season, those biases are easily spotted, but the early season polls end up affecting those later polls. Polling only after 4-5 weeks, or after a couple conference games would ease this.

What a joke! The AP is just awful.

that's right! Myself, AP poll didn't pay attention at all. The true poll is Coaches poll. And Sagarin poll too.

The coaches poll? You mean the one that is voted on by no coaches, instead an intern or some media member of the team? How many games do you think the coaches get to watch on a Saturday? I'll give ya a hint, it's likely 1...the one they coach in. How does that qualify them to rank the other 120? I'd say the coaches poll (in addition to Harris) is the biggest joke of the entire bunch.

I correct myself.

Belichick subsequently attended Wesleyan University in Middletown, Connecticut where he played center and tight end. In addition to being a member of the football team, he played lacrosse and squash, serving as the captain of the lacrosse team during his senior season. A member of Chi Psi fraternity,[5] he earned a bachelor's degree in economics in 1975.[6] He would eventually be part of the inaugural induction class into the university's Athletics Hall of Fame inSpring 2008.[7]

I like the fact UCLA is moving up. Makes our loss Alot less painful

There is a chance that UCLA is going to go undefeated. Obviously USC isn't invincible like everyone thought at the beginning of the season. I don't think Oregon is as good as they have been the last few years. They have a relatively easy schedule until they meet up with USC towards the end of the year. This will give those young players even more time to get experience before they go against USC.

If that happens and we take care of business, that loss won't look quite as bad.