Voter Fraud

what about these stories? how about this kind of fraud?

GOP Fires Controversial Voter Suppression Operative, but Is He Still Playing Dirty Tricks In California?

On Wednesday, I reported a story by connecting some of the dots between the growing voter registration form scandal in Florida to some great blogging by Greg Flynn of BlueNC.

It turns out we were right. Nathan Sproul, the infamous voter suppression operative from 2004, accused of running an operation in several states that destroyed voter registration forms signed by Democrats, had been secretly paid by Republicans this year on another multimillion-dollar contract for voter registration in swing states.

Sproul—who managed an $8 million voter outreach program for Republicans in 2004—is accused of having his workers destroy voter registration forms turned in by Democrats in Nevada and Oregon that year. Similar tactics were reported in Pennsylvania, Minnesota and West Virginia. They’re also accused of other hijinx, from gathering signatures to place Ralph Nader on the ballot to deceiving people in voter registration drives at Walmart. CBS News has reported on faxes they received showing Sproul’s firm misrepresenting themselves as the left-leaning America Votes! group.

He’s now in hot water because his firm was caught turning in faked voter registration forms in Palm Beach County and nine other counties in Florida.

Tea party groups work to remove names from Ohio voter rolls

Monroe, who was recovering from cancer surgery, called the local election board to protest. A local tea party leader was trying to strike Monroe from the voter rolls for a reason that made no sense: Her apartment building in Lancaster was listed as a commercial property.

"I'm like, really? Seriously?" Monroe said. "I've lived here seven years, and now I'm getting challenged?"

Monroe's is one of at least 2,100 names that tea party groups have sought to remove from Ohio's voter rosters.

The groups and their allies describe it as a citizen movement to prevent ballot fraud, although the Republican secretary of state said in an interview that he knew of no evidence that any more than a handful of illegal votes had been cast in Ohio in the last few presidential elections.

"We're all about election integrity — making sure everyone who votes is registered and qualified voters," said Mary Siegel, one of the leaders of the Ohio effort.

Some Democrats see it as a targeted vote-suppression drive. The names selected for purging include hundreds of college students, trailer park residents, homeless people and African Americans in counties President Obama won in 2008.

Let me get this straight.. you just presented articles from the news but yet you called the articles I presented as failed.. Do you realize that makes you a hypocrite?

GOP Fires Controversial Voter Suppression Operative, but Is He Still Playing Dirty Tricks In California?

On Wednesday, I reported a story by connecting some of the dots between the growing voter registration form scandal in Florida to some great blogging by Greg Flynn of BlueNC.

It turns out we were right. Nathan Sproul, the infamous voter suppression operative from 2004, accused of running an operation in several states that destroyed voter registration forms signed by Democrats, had been secretly paid by Republicans this year on another multimillion-dollar contract for voter registration in swing states.

Sproul—who managed an $8 million voter outreach program for Republicans in 2004—is accused of having his workers destroy voter registration forms turned in by Democrats in Nevada and Oregon that year. Similar tactics were reported in Pennsylvania, Minnesota and West Virginia. They’re also accused of other hijinx, from gathering signatures to place Ralph Nader on the ballot to deceiving people in voter registration drives at Walmart. CBS News has reported on faxes they received showing Sproul’s firm misrepresenting themselves as the left-leaning America Votes! group.

He’s now in hot water because his firm was caught turning in faked voter registration forms in Palm Beach County and nine other counties in Florida.

Monroe, who was recovering from cancer surgery, called the local election board to protest. A local tea party leader was trying to strike Monroe from the voter rolls for a reason that made no sense: Her apartment building in Lancaster was listed as a commercial property.

"I'm like, really? Seriously?" Monroe said. "I've lived here seven years, and now I'm getting challenged?"

Monroe's is one of at least 2,100 names that tea party groups have sought to remove from Ohio's voter rosters.

The groups and their allies describe it as a citizen movement to prevent ballot fraud, although the Republican secretary of state said in an interview that he knew of no evidence that any more than a handful of illegal votes had been cast in Ohio in the last few presidential elections.

"We're all about election integrity — making sure everyone who votes is registered and qualified voters," said Mary Siegel, one of the leaders of the Ohio effort.

Some Democrats see it as a targeted vote-suppression drive. The names selected for purging include hundreds of college students, trailer park residents, homeless people and African Americans in counties President Obama won in 2008.

Let me get this straight.. you just presented articles from the news but yet you called the articles I presented as failed.. Do you realize that makes you a hypocrite?

um, not all articles are equal.

• Fire 1

Yep, very much voter fraud. In a post of mine in this very thread I said both sides are doing voter fraud. It is happen very widespread and not just in one way.

To think that just because it hasn't been prosecuted it can't be widespread invalidates you argument with the above voter fraud.

All it means is that, either they are not looking for it, which means they don't care, or they know and just don't care. Both would be normal from our government!

Anything to get "their" guy elected.

they have looked for it though, that is the point. they came up with nothing. there are already mechanisms to deter voter fraud, id laws (especially how they are being enacted) are disproportionate.

What evidence do you have they have been looking for it? I provided evidence that dems were doing it out in the open at illegal immigration rallies..

dude, i have posted so many articles about this and how after looking for it, it is nearly nonexistent. got to post #61, those are some good articles. read any legal document about the filings regarding the cases and see what those in favor are saying. i am done with this, i am just repeating myself now.

um, not all articles are equal.

lol gotcha.. When you post it they are good, but when someone else does it, they fail. Agenda driven.

yep, LA Times is clearly better the Las Vegas paper.

It is. If you don't understand why, you're in way over your head in a conversation like this, and it really explains your point of view much more clearly than anything you've posted so far. You did not link to the Las Vegas Sun, which is the newspaper of Las Vegas, you linked to something akin to BleacherReport. Do you even read the responses to your posts? I explained this HERE.

• Fire 3

It is. If you don't understand why, you're in way over your head in a conversation like this, and it really explains your point of view much more clearly than anything you've posted so far. You did not link to the Las Vegas Sun, which is the newspaper of Las Vegas, you linked to something akin to BleacherReport. Do you even read the responses to your posts? I explained this HERE.

lol, the great knapp is telling me I am over my head... In that Las Vegas Tribune article made reference to FAIR..

See what this has to say..

http://www.fairus.or...6&ObjectType=35

http://www.fairus.or...3&ObjectType=35

Try this one as well.

You may not know that just because something is consider to be a part of the mainstream media doesn't make it more factual.

lol, the great knapp is telling me I am over my head... In that Las Vegas Tribune article made reference to FAIR..

Try this one as well.

look, I get want your trying to say. The problem is the amount of potential voter fraud is nonmaterial because it just isn't very prevalent when compared to the amount of total voters.

Try this one as well.

look, I get want your trying to say. The problem is the amount of potential voter fraud is nonmaterial because it just isn't very prevalent when compared to the amount of total voters.

Go to this link, it has more to say about that.It very much does matter.. THAT is my point! This link shows that it does matter!

First bleacher report-esque . . . and now moving on to a hate group. This isn't going well. :lol:

Since you decided to come back, what does "yes and no mean" when I asked if you were a lawyer? Just a clerk with a dream?

You piqued my curiosity so I have to ask. How is FAIR a hate group?

You peeked my curiosity so I have to ask. How is FAIR a hate group?

"piqued"

I explained this HERE.

lol, what the hell was I thinking..

you didn't explain anything, you gave an opinion.. So how is it a hate group? If I am wrong I will be man enough to admit it.

Further, the organization making these accusations (note: not proving these accusations, making these accusations) is FAIR, a known hate group whose rhetoric sounds eerily similar to that of white supremacist websites. Using this as "proof" of anything is reprehensible.

That is nothing but your opinion, please tell me more.

http://en.wikipedia....igration_Reform

Positions on the issues

To end illegal immigration through enforcement of existing immigration laws as well as the application of new technology; to set legal immigration at the lowest feasible levels consistent with the national security, economic, demographic, environmental and socio-cultural interests of the present and future.[18]

Influence and work

The Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act, Senate Bill 1070, Arizona’s newest and most controversial immigration law, was written with the help of Kris Kobach, a professor at the University of Missouri-Kansas City Law School, and currently the Kansas Secretary of State. Kobach states that the law is “perfect concurrent enforcement” meaning that Professor Kobach believes that the state law parallels federal law without conflict. The test will come soon as individuals and organizations are criticizing, President Barack Obama, and some have begun their lawsuits, American Civil Liberties Union.[19] Kris Kobach is the Immigration Reform Law Institute’s national expert on constitutional law. This Institute is the legal arm of the Federation for American Immigration Reform.[20][21]

Other Arizona interaction includes Proposition 200 in 2004 which was spearheaded by the group “Protect Arizona Now” which worked with the Federation for American Immigration Reform. It is similar to California’s Proposition 187 in which illegal aliens are restricted from public benefits and voting because they are most likely unable to provide the required proof of citizenship. It also made the crime of a public official not reporting illegal status a class 2 misdemeanor.[22]

Other groups created by FAIR

FAIR established the FAIR Congressional Task Force (FCTF) as a 501©(4) organization that describes itself as a "non-profit, public interest organization whose purpose is to serve the public welfare by developing and promoting immigration policies that are consistent with the economic, social and demographic interest of the United States; to restrict illegal immigration to the United States; and to limit legal admissions to reasonable levels."[23]

FAIR established the Immigration Reform Law Institute (IRLI) as an organization that describes itself as "America's only public interest law organization working exclusively to protect the legal rights, privileges, and property of U.S. citizens and their communities from injuries and damages caused by unlawful immigration."[24]

Choose Black America is an African American group created by FAIR.[25] According to The Oroville Mercury Register, the group's founders could not name any of its members. One founder of Choose Black America, James Clingman, said "Choose Black America was just the banner under which we had a press conference". He also said that he hadn't spoken to or contacted the other members before FAIR organized the press conference - with the exception of his friend and fellow economics writer Claud Anderson - and would not have attended if he'd known who else was involved.

Another group established by FAIR is You Don't Speak for Me, which describes itself as "a group of concerned Americans of Hispanic/Latino heritage, some first or second generation, others recent legal immigrants, who believe illegal immigration harms America and a guest worker amnesty will do the same."[26] One of the media contacts for this group is Ira Mehlman, who is also FAIR's media director.

Criticism

In December 2007, FAIR was designated a hate group by the nonprofit civil rights organization[27][28][29] Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). In its declaration, the SPLC gave a detailed accounting of its determination.[30] FAIR has responded to this charge by claiming that there is no factual basis for the accusation;[31] that FAIR has compiled a long record of mainstream credibility and respect on immigration issues and has always opposed discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, or religion; and that the accusation is an "act of desperation, resulting from the SPLC’s failure to convince the American people of their viewpoint."[32] FAIR president Dan Stein said of the SPLC, "They've decided to engage in unsubstantiated, invidious name-calling, smearing millions of people in this movement who simply want to see the law enforced and, frankly, lower levels of immigration"[33]

FAIR has also been criticized for accepting contributions from the Pioneer Fund. Between 1982 and 1994, FAIR received $1.2 million from the foundation.[34] The Pioneer Fund focuses on projects it perceives will not be easily funded because of controversial, racial, or pro-eugenics subject matter.[13] It was described by the Sunday Telegraph as a "neo-Nazi organization closely integrated with the far right in American politics" in 1989.[35] FAIR has responded to this criticism by asserting that the Fund clearly states that it supports equal opportunity for all Americans, regardless of race, religion, national origin, or ethnicity; that other major institutions, including universities and medical facilities in the United States and other countries, have also accepted grants from the Fund;[36] and that the Fund's contributions to FAIR were used only for the general operation of the organization.[32]

Are you saying that because the SPLC says it then it must be true?

please explain more to me so I understand the error in using this group?

From what i can tell you and a couple others will accept anything that is said about a group that goes against what you think... but I am sure you have more than just this.

Not because the SPLC said it. Because FAIR's founder said it:

Based on Tanton's personal correspondence, lodged at the University of Michigan's Bentley Historical Library, the report shows that Tanton has been in the midst of the White nationalist scene for decades. He has corresponded frequently with leading white nationalist thinkers, race scientists and Holocaust deniers. He encouraged a major donor to read the work of a radical anti-Semitic professor to "give you a new understanding of the Jewish outlook on life." And he suggested that the board of FAIR, on which he sits, discuss the professor's theories on the Jews.

Tanton's organizations have been high-profile players in the immigration debate. FAIR officials, for example, have testified numerous times before Congress. The organization is listed as a hate group by the SPLC.

Other groups founded by Tanton include the Center for Immigration Studies, a group whose studies are often quoted by the media, and the Restrictionist NumbersUSA. Despite the veneer of respectability presented by these groups, it's difficult to misconstrue Tanton's words in a Dec. 10, 1993, letter to Garrett Hardin, a controversial ecology professor.

"I've come to the point of view that for European-American society and culture to persist requires a European-American majority, and a clear one at that," Tanton wrote.

On Jan. 26, 1996, he wrote Roy Beck, head of NumbersUSA (and then an employee of Tanton's foundation U.S. Inc.), questioning the ability of Latinos to govern California.

Tanton wondered "whether the minorities who are going to inherit California (85% of the lower-grade school children are now 'minorities' -- demography is destiny) can run an advanced society?"

Tanton and FAIR often assert they are being unfairly attacked by their critics, but Tanton's own words offer the strongest evidence to the contrary.

LINK