Voter Fraud

Also, sincerest apologies if I'm wrong about this . . . but you're between the ages of 15-23 aren't you?

(If so . . . I remember those years. It'd be awfully nice to have all of the answers again.)

I wish I was that age again..

You really think me saying what I did in the context in how it was used would actually get a response of ANY local or federal officials? Even when evidence was given that this very situation was openly done by both dems and pubs at rallies FOR illegal immigration?

Something tells me you don't..

So are you a lawyer? Something tells me you actually have no clue (no disrespect intended) and you are probably in that age group yourself..

Explain to me why a person in the country illegally would register to vote, then show up a polling place. People trying to avoid the authorities are not going to put their name and address out there for the government to have. Most of them are even careful to avoid minor traffic violations, that argument makes no sense.

Explain to me why a person in the country illegally would register to vote, then show up a polling place. People trying to avoid the authorities are not going to put their name and address out there for the government to have. Most of them are even careful to avoid minor traffic violations, that argument makes no sense.

Explain to me why those same people create fake or steal other peoples SS numbers? People trying to avoid the authorities are not going to put their name and address out there for the government to have, right? Oh wait, they do.

When was the last time you saw any authorities at a polling place?

Rather naive thinking they wouldn't do it.. Why does anyone create a crime knowing it is wrong in the first place?

Explain to me why those same people create fake or steal other peoples SS numbers? People trying to avoid the authorities are not going to put their name and address out there for the government to have, right? Oh wait, they do.

Wow, you really believe that identities are being stolen to vote? Maybe the Red Cross needs donor ID in case the same people are trying to give blood with a false identity too.

Here's some actual fraud, if anyone really cares about that:

http://kdvr.com/2012/09/28/colorado-gop-dumps-firm-with-ties-to-voter-fraud/

It's pathetic that we're debating fantasies of illegal immigrants voting, and somehow fixing that with voter ID, while the actual fraud with elections officials and election related organizations goes largely unnoticed.

Wow, you really believe that identities are being stolen to vote? Maybe the Red Cross needs donor ID in case the same people are trying to give blood with a false identity too.

Here's some actual fraud, if anyone really cares about that:

http://kdvr.com/2012...to-voter-fraud/

It's pathetic that we're debating fantasies of illegal immigrants voting, and somehow fixing that with voter ID, while the actual fraud with elections officials and election related organizations goes largely unnoticed.

What is pathetic is that you think it doesn't happen. I already gave info to show registration booths were up and running at Illegal immigration rallies, but if you still ignore those facts then nothing will change you mind. I mean, who in the hell do you think those booths are targeting.. it is an illegal immigrants rally.

sh#t man wake up.. Nobody is deny fraud from officials. This issue of voter ID was brought up so that was the direction this went.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/12/20/new-haven-mayor-seeks-to-let-illegal-immigrants-vote/

Conn. Mayor Seeks to Let Illegal Immigrants Vote

Published December 20, 2011

Associated Press

[/left]

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/illegal-immigrants-are-voting-in-american-elections/question-3204707/

This is a bit long but this is excellent material to refer to when confronting the issue of illegals voting in US elections.

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens. While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presiden­tial vote margin in Florida in 2000. Indeed, the Cen­sus Bureau estimates that there are over a million illegal aliens in Florida, and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has prosecuted more non-citizen voting cases in Florida than in any other state.

Many sites to show you that this DOES happen.

http://www.lasvegastribune.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1099:are-illegal-immigrants-voting-in-us-elections&catid=185:rita-bonilla&Itemid=282

In 1996, the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act was enacted by Congress, which makes it a federal crime for non-citizens to vote in any federal election (or state election, unless authorized by state law). Additionally, a non-citizen who falsely claims to be a United States citizen is in violation of this law. However, there are many documented reports of non-citizens voting, and yet there is no evidence of prosecution of the aliens for such action.

According to the F.A.I.R. (Federation for American Immigration Reform) organization, charges were made in at least three federal elections in California and twice in Florida that voting by ineligible aliens may have determined the outcome of the election. F.A.I.R reported that in Florida, election observers say a “sizeable number” of Florida votes in the 2000 election may have been cast by ineligible illegal immigrants, non-citizens, and felons.

Secretary of state's office warns against 'fraudulent' voter registration website

BATON ROUGE -- Citizens who want to register to vote, change their registration addresses or party affiliation should avoid a website now on the Internet, Secretary of State Tom Schedler said Thursday.

He said that "a fraudulent registration website," www.registertovote.org, offers citizens "a false voter registration form" which claims to be able to sign up voters in all states.

"The website is hosted in another country and is currently being investigated by the attorney general's office," Schedler said. "I ask all citizens to be aware of this issue, not only to protect the integrity of our elections system in Louisiana, but also to protect their confidential information."

What is pathetic is that you think it doesn't happen. I already gave info to show registration booths were up and running at Illegal immigration rallies, but if you still ignore those facts then nothing will change you mind. I mean, who in the hell do you think those booths are targeting.. it is an illegal immigrants rally.

sh#t man wake up.. Nobody is deny fraud from officials. This issue of voter ID was brought up so that was the direction this went.

http://www.foxnews.c...mmigrants-vote/

Conn. Mayor Seeks to Let Illegal Immigrants Vote

Published December 20, 2011

Associated Press

Read more: http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz27rbp3pkX

[/left]

http://www.sodahead....estion-3204707/

This is a bit long but this is excellent material to refer to when confronting the issue of illegals voting in US elections.

In 2005, the U.S. Government Accountability Office found that up to 3 percent of the 30,000 individuals called for jury duty from voter registration rolls over a two-year period in just one U.S. district court were not U.S. citizens. While that may not seem like many, just 3 percent of registered voters would have been more than enough to provide the winning presiden­tial vote margin in Florida in 2000. Indeed, the Cen­sus Bureau estimates that there are over a million illegal aliens in Florida, and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) has prosecuted more non-citizen voting cases in Florida than in any other state.

Many sites to show you that this DOES happen.

http://www.lasvegast...&Itemid=282

In 1996, the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act was enacted by Congress, which makes it a federal crime for non-citizens to vote in any federal election (or state election, unless authorized by state law). Additionally, a non-citizen who falsely claims to be a United States citizen is in violation of this law. However, there are many documented reports of non-citizens voting, and yet there is no evidence of prosecution of the aliens for such action.

According to the F.A.I.R. (Federation for American Immigration Reform) organization, charges were made in at least three federal elections in California and twice in Florida that voting by ineligible aliens may have determined the outcome of the election. F.A.I.R reported that in Florida, election observers say a “sizeable number” of Florida votes in the 2000 election may have been cast by ineligible illegal immigrants, non-citizens, and felons.

When you googled this stuff, did you actually do any checking on the veracity of these sources, or did you just grab the first hits that said what you wanted them to say?

Regarding your SodaHead link - this is an opinion blog, not backed up by facts, not written by a journalist. It packs the same punch as any post I make on HuskerBoard. Citing this as a source would be the same as me citing one of carlfense's posts above - it's worthless to prove a point. The guy doesn't even use his real name on the post.

The Las Vegas Times link - same story, different locale. The newspaper in Las Vegas is the Sun. The "Las Vegas Times" is yet another user-generated site, much like BleacherReport. Try using a BleacherReport article in the football forum as a source and see what kind of reception it gets. If we won't accept user-generated material in a football discussion, why would you think it would be accepted in a political discussion? Further, the organization making these accusations (note: not proving these accusations, making these accusations) is FAIR, a known hate group whose rhetoric sounds eerily similar to that of white supremacist websites. Using this as "proof" of anything is reprehensible.

The Fox News article also does not support your allegation. DeStefano, the mayor of New Haven, CT, did propose allowing illegal immigrants to vote - but it was never passed into law. It's a stupid proposal and it has zero chance of passing, and DeStefano is an idiot for saying such things, but this doesn't in any way show that illegals are voting in American elections.

On the whole this collection of links is a pile of fail.

• Fire 3

You really think me saying what I did in the context in how it was used would actually get a response of ANY local or federal officials?

Probably not. That said, I don't really think that trying to make a point on a message board justifies the risk (no matter how slim) of a felony conviction. In the future you should probably make your point in another way. :thumbs

So are you a lawyer? Something tells me you actually have no clue (no disrespect intended) and you are probably in that age group yourself..

Yes and no. Sorry for thinking that you were a young adult.

You really think me saying what I did in the context in how it was used would actually get a response of ANY local or federal officials?

Probably not. That said, I don't really think that trying to make a point on a message board justifies the risk (no matter how slim) of a felony conviction. In the future you should probably make your point in another way. :thumbs

Yes and no. Sorry for thinking that you were a young adult.

I know what you are trying to do so you can't stop. I will make my point however I please, but thanks for your concern. :lol:

When you googled this stuff, did you actually do any checking on the veracity of these sources, or did you just grab the first hits that said what you wanted them to say?

Regarding your SodaHead link - this is an opinion blog, not backed up by facts, not written by a journalist. It packs the same punch as any post I make on HuskerBoard. Citing this as a source would be the same as me citing one of carlfense's posts above - it's worthless to prove a point. The guy doesn't even use his real name on the post.

The Las Vegas Times link - same story, different locale. The newspaper in Las Vegas is the Sun. The "Las Vegas Times" is yet another user-generated site, much like BleacherReport. Try using a BleacherReport article in the football forum as a source and see what kind of reception it gets. If we won't accept user-generated material in a football discussion, why would you think it would be accepted in a political discussion? Further, the organization making these accusations (note: not proving these accusations, making these accusations) is FAIR, a known hate group whose rhetoric sounds eerily similar to that of white supremacist websites. Using this as "proof" of anything is reprehensible.

The Fox News article also does not support your allegation. DeStefano, the mayor of New Haven, CT, did propose allowing illegal immigrants to vote - but it was never passed into law. It's a stupid proposal and it has zero chance of passing, and DeStefano is an idiot for saying such things, but this doesn't in any way show that illegals are voting in American elections.

On the whole this collection of links is a pile of fail.

Would this site work for you?

http://www.ice.gov/n...7lakecounty.htm

Illegal alien arrested, charged with voter fraud

LAKE COUNTY, Ill. - An illegal alien from the Philippines was arrested Thursday morning on a felony complaint charging her with 17 counts related to voter fraud in Lake County. The state charges resulted from a joint investigation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the Lake County State's Attorneys Office. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) also provided assistance.

Maria Azada, 53, of Grayslake, Ill., was arrested March 17 by ICE HSI agents and a Lake County State's Attorneys special investigator. Azada faces 17 felony counts in Lake County Circuit Court of perjury, mutilation of election materials, and tampering with voting machines in connection with illegal voting by a non-U.S. citizen.

The investigation began in February 2009 when Azada admitted to a USCIS officer during an interview for an immigration benefit that she had voted in an election. It is illegal for foreign nationals to vote in national or state elections in the United States.

A subsequent investigation revealed that Azada allegedly voted nine times in primary, general and consolidated elections between 2003 and 2009. According to the arrest warrant, Azada allegedly falsely claimed to be a U.S. citizen on two Illinois Voter Registration applications.

but you keep telling yourself it doesn't happen.. Should I look for more?