Voter Fraud

Or a case can be made that altered the Senate and enabled Obamacare.........

http://washingtonexa...63#.UFy_kFHdOY0

And what do you think would have been changed if those people who voted under their real names were required to present ID?

I think my favorite part is when the author assumes that they voted for Franken. :lol:

They're FELONS aren't they....... :lol:

Also, according to the prosecutor who handled the cases . . . the book has the numbers all wrong. http://www.startribune.com/politics/statelocal/138261699.html?refer=y

Or a case can be made that altered the Senate and enabled Obamacare.........

http://washingtonexa...63#.UFy_kFHdOY0

And what do you think would have been changed if those people who voted under their real names were required to present ID?

I think my favorite part is when the author assumes that they voted for Franken. :lol:

They're FELONS aren't they....... :lol:

Also, according to the prosecutor who handled the cases . . . the book has the numbers all wrong. http://www.startribu...99.html?refer=y

You mean Mike Freeman, loyal soldier of all causes democratic, and son of the former Sec of Agriculture Orville Freeman under LBJ..........yeah, I'm sure HIS numbers are correct....... :wacko:

You mean Mike Freeman, loyal soldier of all causes democratic, and son of the former Sec of Agriculture Orville Freeman under LBJ..........yeah, I'm sure HIS numbers are correct.......

Are you serious? He's the county attorney . . . he prosecuted the cases . . . and you prefer the numbers (without sources) of a random partisan author? :lol:

And, I have asked multiple times what mechanism is in place to catch it and not once has anyone showed me how that is done.

CLICK ME

Oh...isn't that cute.

I find it interesting that I have scanned through probably the first 6-8 links brought up by your search and nowhere in those links does it point to the specific mechanism in place to catch voter fraud.

But, of course I will keep looking through this. I find it interesting that I have asked this to various people and tried looking it up on line and nowhere can I find a specific mechanism in place that will catch me if I try to vote under a dead person's name.

First link

1,400 words covering voting fraud. Annotated for your pleasure.

RIFLogo2.jpg

This is like if we would put blind refs on the football field and then claim there wasn't any penalties because no flags were thrown.

Maybe . . . if you'd add in that we need to prevent people from playing football because of all of the penalties.

Wrong....

You have said yourself that you are for voter ID as long as it is free and easily available. I have said the same thing.

So, government needs to make it happen in a fair manner.

And, I have asked multiple times what mechanism is in place to catch it and not once has anyone showed me how that is done.

CLICK ME

Oh...isn't that cute.

I find it interesting that I have scanned through probably the first 6-8 links brought up by your search and nowhere in those links does it point to the specific mechanism in place to catch voter fraud.

But, of course I will keep looking through this. I find it interesting that I have asked this to various people and tried looking it up on line and nowhere can I find a specific mechanism in place that will catch me if I try to vote under a dead person's name.

First link

1,400 words covering voting fraud. Annotated for your pleasure.

RIFLogo2.jpg

Interesting.....

In your link from Wiki (which I had already gone through), it talks about this for prevention:

Mores.....Morals of the society prevent it....really??? Morals in politics???

Secret Ballot.....only the voter knows how he voted.....Has nothing to do with people voting that aren't legal.

Transparency.....openness in the process so that the process isn't corrupt.....has nothing to do with people who are voting that aren't legal.

Statistical indicators......if something looks odd in statistics from exit polls but then it goes on and states that exit polls are notoriously wrong.

Prosecution.....Basically prevention that we have discussed. How great is prevention if you can't catch what is going on.

Voting machine integrity......Basically making sure the machines aren't tampered with.....that has nothing to do with people voting that are illegal.

OK....Please show me in all of this what prevents me from walking into a polling place and registering on the day of the election as a dead guy and voting.

Prosecution.....Basically prevention that we have discussed. How great is prevention if you can't catch what is going on.

OK....Please show me in all of this what prevents me from walking into a polling place and registering on the day of the election as a dead guy and voting.

Prosecution is your answer whether you like it or not. No system has ever been devised which can prevent crime. If someone wants to commit voter fraud, even with Voter ID laws, they will. How many 19-year-old girls are walking into downtown bars with fake IDs tonight? Dozens, if not hundreds. Fake IDs aren't hard to produce, and they won't stop voter fraud.

Our currency has more stringent counterfeit measures built in than the measures they're talking about here to prevent voter fraud, and we still have counterfeit bills floating around. You're asking for the impossible. You're also trying to swat a gnat with a sledgehammer. As has been pointed out to you multiple times, incidence rates of voter fraud are infinitesimal compared to other crimes.

The ONLY reason we're discussing this now is the Republicans are desperate for a Hail Mary to save Mitt Romney from impending doom, and the disparate impact of such laws favors Republicans.

The ONLY reason we're discussing this now is the Republicans are desperate for a Hail Mary to save Mitt Romney from impending doom, and the disparate impact of such laws favors Republicans.

Ummm....no.....this has been an issue with many people for LONG before even Obama was elected so it has nothing to do with Romney.

Dems have done a great job of politicizing the issue and preying on old poor people making them fear that their freedom to vote is going to be taken away by these big mean people. Congratulations, you have bought into it fully.

Keep telling yourself that. The myriad articles, news stories, specials on every channel for the past 20 years.... they're where? Anywhere? Ah. Nowhere. Right.

Such a huge issue. So many headlines, year-'round, year after year after year. Can't possibly imagine how I've missed all of those.

And you obviously don't see any problem with illegal people voting or dead people voting or people voting multiple times.

I have read back through my posts and can not find anywhere I mention "treason". Can you point to what you are talking about?

voter fraud is bad, but it is nearly nonexistent and there are laws in place that are sufficient.

and i apologize. another poster, mavric, brought up treason. mea culpa.