Voter Fraud

http://www.ice.gov/news/releases/1209/120907sandiego.htm

Previously deported criminal alien pleads guilty to voter fraud, illegal reentry and falsely claiming US citizenship

SAN DIEGO – A previously deported criminal alien pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court to illegally voting in the 2008 presidential election using the name of a U.S. citizen whose identity he assumed more than two decades ago.

Ricardo Lopez-Munguia, 45, of Escondido, pleaded guilty to three felony counts of voter fraud, making a false claim to U.S. citizenship and illegal reentry after deportation. The charges are the result of a probe by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

Lopez faces a maximum penalty of 28 years in prison when he is sentenced November 19. Upon completion of his sentence, Lopez will be deported to Mexico.

I am sure this is just all lies because there is no way they would do such a thing..

http://www.ice.gov/n...907sandiego.htm

Previously deported criminal alien pleads guilty to voter fraud, illegal reentry and falsely claiming US citizenship

SAN DIEGO – A previously deported criminal alien pleaded guilty Thursday in federal court to illegally voting in the 2008 presidential election using the name of a U.S. citizen whose identity he assumed more than two decades ago.

Ricardo Lopez-Munguia, 45, of Escondido, pleaded guilty to three felony counts of voter fraud, making a false claim to U.S. citizenship and illegal reentry after deportation. The charges are the result of a probe by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI).

Lopez faces a maximum penalty of 28 years in prison when he is sentenced November 19. Upon completion of his sentence, Lopez will be deported to Mexico.

I am sure this is just all lies because there is no way they would do such a thing..

He must have voted for the wrong guy they were paying him to vote for

but you keep telling yourself it doesn't happen.. Should I look for more?

By all means, keep looking for more. And while you're at it, look for where I said this doesn't happen.

It's not that it doesn't happen, it's that it's such a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of actual votes that the solution is worse than the problem.

Let's put it this way - you need to tap a brad into some drywall. Do you use a small hammer or a sledgehammer for this task? You're advocating the sledgehammer. We're simply saying that would cause unnecessary damage.

Would this site work for you?

http://www.ice.gov/n...7lakecounty.htm

Illegal alien arrested, charged with voter fraud

LAKE COUNTY, Ill. - An illegal alien from the Philippines was arrested Thursday morning on a felony complaint charging her with 17 counts related to voter fraud in Lake County. The state charges resulted from a joint investigation conducted by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement's (ICE) Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) and the Lake County State's Attorneys Office. U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) also provided assistance.

Maria Azada, 53, of Grayslake, Ill., was arrested March 17 by ICE HSI agents and a Lake County State's Attorneys special investigator. Azada faces 17 felony counts in Lake County Circuit Court of perjury, mutilation of election materials, and tampering with voting machines in connection with illegal voting by a non-U.S. citizen.

The investigation began in February 2009 when Azada admitted to a USCIS officer during an interview for an immigration benefit that she had voted in an election. It is illegal for foreign nationals to vote in national or state elections in the United States.

A subsequent investigation revealed that Azada allegedly voted nine times in primary, general and consolidated elections between 2003 and 2009. According to the arrest warrant, Azada allegedly falsely claimed to be a U.S. citizen on two Illinois Voter Registration applications.

http://www.ice.gov/n...907sandiego.htm

all of these examples are of people getting *caught*. looks like what we have in place is working.

By all means, keep looking for more. And while you're at it, look for where I said this doesn't happen.

It's not that it doesn't happen, it's that it's such a tiny, tiny, tiny fraction of actual votes that the solution is worse than the problem.

Let's put it this way - you need to tap a brad into some drywall. Do you use a small hammer or a sledgehammer for this task? You're advocating the sledgehammer. We're simply saying that would cause unnecessary damage.

not much difference in what I said and what you just said here. Who is advocating a sledgehammer? I am advocating using ID to vote, very simple.

The only unnecessary damage would be eliminating more voter fraud. Voter fraud that is very widespread, you just have your mind made up and will ignore and make excuses to hold you position. It is willfully ignorant to think it is isolated

all of these examples are of people getting *caught*. looks like what we have in place is working.

another example of willful ignorance. What we have in place is allowing it to happen and catching a few. I call that NOT working but you have a position you will not budge from so I see why you respond like this.

another example of willful ignorance. What we have in place is allowing it to happen and catching a few. I call that NOT working but you have a position you will not budge from so I see why you respond like this.

nah, braj. not willful ignorance. repubs have done everything they could to fabricate this problem, have done all the investigations they could to find it and create an issue. they failed, but they have decided to forge ahead with the dismantling of our democracy. i am not going to budge from my position because it is level-headed, well-researched, and right. i do my best not do be indoctrinated by sham sources that fuel my narrow-minded worldview.

• Fire 2

what about these stories? how about this kind of fraud?

GOP Fires Controversial Voter Suppression Operative, but Is He Still Playing Dirty Tricks In California?

On Wednesday, I reported a story by connecting some of the dots between the growing voter registration form scandal in Florida to some great blogging by Greg Flynn of BlueNC.

It turns out we were right. Nathan Sproul, the infamous voter suppression operative from 2004, accused of running an operation in several states that destroyed voter registration forms signed by Democrats, had been secretly paid by Republicans this year on another multimillion-dollar contract for voter registration in swing states.

Sproul—who managed an $8 million voter outreach program for Republicans in 2004—is accused of having his workers destroy voter registration forms turned in by Democrats in Nevada and Oregon that year. Similar tactics were reported in Pennsylvania, Minnesota and West Virginia. They’re also accused of other hijinx, from gathering signatures to place Ralph Nader on the ballot to deceiving people in voter registration drives at Walmart. CBS News has reported on faxes they received showing Sproul’s firm misrepresenting themselves as the left-leaning America Votes! group.

He’s now in hot water because his firm was caught turning in faked voter registration forms in Palm Beach County and nine other counties in Florida.

Tea party groups work to remove names from Ohio voter rolls

Monroe, who was recovering from cancer surgery, called the local election board to protest. A local tea party leader was trying to strike Monroe from the voter rolls for a reason that made no sense: Her apartment building in Lancaster was listed as a commercial property.

"I'm like, really? Seriously?" Monroe said. "I've lived here seven years, and now I'm getting challenged?"

Monroe's is one of at least 2,100 names that tea party groups have sought to remove from Ohio's voter rosters.

The groups and their allies describe it as a citizen movement to prevent ballot fraud, although the Republican secretary of state said in an interview that he knew of no evidence that any more than a handful of illegal votes had been cast in Ohio in the last few presidential elections.

"We're all about election integrity — making sure everyone who votes is registered and qualified voters," said Mary Siegel, one of the leaders of the Ohio effort.

Some Democrats see it as a targeted vote-suppression drive. The names selected for purging include hundreds of college students, trailer park residents, homeless people and African Americans in counties President Obama won in 2008.

• Fire 2

Yep, very much voter fraud. In a post of mine in this very thread I said both sides are doing voter fraud. It is happen very widespread and not just in one way.

To think that just because it hasn't been prosecuted it can't be widespread invalidates you argument with the above voter fraud.

All it means is that, either they are not looking for it, which means they don't care, or they know and just don't care. Both would be normal from our government!

Anything to get "their" guy elected.

Yep, very much voter fraud. In a post of mine in this very thread I said both sides are doing voter fraud. It is happen very widespread and not just in one way.

To think that just because it hasn't been prosecuted it can't be widespread invalidates you argument with the above voter fraud.

All it means is that, either they are not looking for it, which means they don't care, or they know and just don't care. Both would be normal from our government!

they have looked for it though, that is the point. they came up with nothing. there are already mechanisms to deter voter fraud, id laws (especially how they are being enacted) are disproportionate.

they have looked for it though, that is the point. they came up with nothing. there are already mechanisms to deter voter fraud, id laws (especially how they are being enacted) are disproportionate.

What evidence do you have they have been looking for it? I provided evidence that dems were doing it out in the open at illegal immigration rallies..

from my link above..

Voter Registration Drives at Illegal Immigration Rallies

Thursday, April 13, 2006 10:44 p.m. EDT

TopNews.jpgReprint Information redpoint.gifBook on Katie Couric Makes Waves

redpoint.gifWhite House: We're Not Subject to FOIA redpoint.gifFBI Seeks 2 Mysterious Men on Ferry redpoint.gifPublisher: Conservatives Do Read As Much As Liberals redpoint.gifRomney Shrugs Off Mormon History Film spacer.gif

Some of the biggest pro-illegal immigration rallies lately have featured a disturbing phenomenon: Democratic Party operatives conducting voter registration drives.

After Sunday's massive illegal-immigration rally in Dallas, for instance, the Dallas Morning News headlined their coverage: "Activists sign up protesters to put them on road to polls."

The paper quoted Lena Levario, a criminal defense lawyer who's running as a Democrat to be a judge:

"I am so optimistic that I have 5,000 voter registration cards," she told the News.

By the day's end, the paper said - Levario had yet to tally the new voters she'd harvested from the massive - and largely illegal - crowd.