Who Would We Play in a Bowl?

what i read yesterday was that Champs would like to have a NU/FSU rematch but the problem is that htey are like #8 on the pecking order. the huston bowl was talking NU/Ga Tech, and the idependence bowl would like to have NU/Boston College.

yes tcu and houston are in the mix but i think that TCU will go to a higher tier bowl because of their record 10-1?

the FSU match up depends on them winning against Florida and then in the ACC Championship game if they win the ACC dont they get an automatic BCS bid?

and if (IF) NU beats sCUm then NU has the possibility to go to the Holiday (doughtful) or Alamo (probable) bowl.

If NU loses to sCUm then the Houston Bowl will be more likely because they pick ahead of Champs

but who knows

We will most likely lose to CU, so the Houston Bowl looks very possible. That is a good news / bad news situation.

Good news - great exposure to Houston Tx high school football players & coaches.

Bad news - we would probably face Houston! - the school that accuses NU of backing out of an opening game against them at the start of the season! Believe they called NU "gutless" or words to that effect. If we play them and win - fine; but if we play and lose - I would guess that really hurts our recruiting in Texas. Houston would be at home + have a revenge motive (whether its true or not).

Bottom line - I hope we go to Champs.

I have been on different sites looking at bowl projections and I have seen Champs Sports vs anyone from FSU, Georgia Tech, and NC State.

Also have seen Houston Bowl, but I can't remember the possible opponent. I have heard "Houston" as an opponent early in the process, but lately, I have seen Houston going to other bowls..... The Houston Bowl may want an outside team to bring in tourist and Hotel revenue....

I agree,.... I wouldn't want to play Houston at home, or FSU at Home....

Just browsing a few sites.... looking at Bowl predictions....here are a few

CBSsportsline = Champs Bowl vs Clemson

FoxSports = Champs Bowl vs FSU

Stuart Mandel (SI) = Champs Bowl vs Georgia Tech

Collegefb.com = Champs Bowl vs FSU

MSNBC.com = Champs Bowl vs Georgia Tech

If your counting.... 5 sites and 5 Champs bowls

2 x FSU :bat not good

2 x Georgia Tech :thumbs not a bad match up

1 x Clemson :thumbs not a bad match up

**Just a side note: On MSNBC.com the writer made the following statement: "Georgia Tech looking to repeat as Champs Bowl champion, as Champs Bowl likely NOT ENOUGH TO SAVE CALLAHAN'S JOB IN 'HUSKER COUNTRY" Does this guy know something we don't ???

I don't agree.... and that is for another thread... I just thought it was interesting

**Just a side note: On MSNBC.com the writer made the following statement: "Georgia Tech looking to repeat as Champs Bowl champion, as Champs Bowl likely NOT ENOUGH TO SAVE CALLAHAN'S JOB IN 'HUSKER COUNTRY" Does this guy know something we don't ???

nah. I don't think so. Just another "journalist" who likes to get his stories from brief glances at events from around the nation and the world

i really dont think that NU will go to the Champs Bowl, it is probably be the houston bowl or the independence bowl because they pick before Champs does. even though NU has been down the last 2 years, the exec's for those bowls are going to take the risk of bringing in NU because of the fan travel history.

i agree with houston not wanting to bring in 2 teams for the tourist. you would think that the champs bowl would want the same, but the state of florida gets enough of the snow birds down there each year anyway just like arizona.

but what do i know i am not a sport writer, a bowl exec, or a tourist guru. i am just a soldier in the army who loves the Huskers.

GBR

2 x FSU  :bat  not good

not good in that we'd get beaten? maybe. but good in that NU would play a tough school. i got nothing but respect for FSU.

and i think it would be good to get the freshmen tuned to a major football power.

after all, we do open against USC next year.

and this from Forte-Yard Dash concerning bowl selections...

Whoever gets Nebraska, Penn State, Brigham Young, South Carolina and Clemson (8): Winners. Those are five rabid fan bases that didn't get to go bowling last year -- and, in some cases, for several years. They probably all left their bowl money in savings (or, in some cases, buried in the backyard in coffee cans) and will turn out in force this time around. (The Dash's guesses: Nebraska to the Independence, Penn State to the Orange, BYU to the Las Vegas, South Carolina to the Peach and Clemson to the Champs Sports.)

something to think about.