Possible candidates for Osborne successor?

Quite honestly (and I don't follow this stuff too closely so I may be way off base here) I'd be surprised if Barry Alvarez isn't a front runner or at least given serious consideration. He's been an AD for several years now AND he completely understands the culture at Nebraska.

I think this is a dark horse candidate. I think it would be hard too get him too leave Wisconsin. But if his Alma Mater offers it might be too tempting for him too resist. it's hard telling though.

He didn't want it when we hired Pedy so why would he consider it now. He's been gone from Nebraska so long his ties to it are minimal.

The more I read about Shawn Eichorst, the more I want him to come here. He wasn't involved in the Miami scandal. He worked under Alvarez (experience in the Big10 is a huge plus). It seems like Alvarez has modeled some parts Wiscy after NU. He also worked in the athletic department at South Carolina in the mid 2000's. It is still early in the search, atleast as far as we all know, and there may be someone I find better in the future but Eichorst is my choice as of now.

The more I read about Shawn Eichorst, the more I want him to come here. He wasn't involved in the Miami scandal. He worked under Alvarez (experience in the Big10 is a huge plus). It seems like Alvarez has modeled some parts Wiscy after NU. He also worked in the athletic department at South Carolina in the mid 2000's. It is still early in the search, atleast as far as we all know, and there may be someone I find better in the future but Eichorst is my choice as of now.

@HuskerExtraSip

Miami A.D. Shawn Eichorst no longer "potential candidate" for same position at Nebraska -- he is a leading candidate, according to a source.

@HuskerExtraSip

Miami A.D. Shawn Eichorst no longer "potential candidate" for same position at Nebraska -- he is a leading candidate, according to a source.

Looking more and more like he's our new AD.

@HuskerExtraSip

Looking more and more like he's our new AD.

Yup. If he is, though, it doesn't sound like he's being hired due to his body of work at CriminalU--more likely because of the work he did under Alvarez. The locals down there weren't too complimentary of him, to say the least...

Also, along with the reports of his resignation, are rumors that a couple of current staff members under him also retired. Perhaps Eichorst is bringing assistants with him?

Miami board link

Miami board link 2

Washington Post Article