Possible candidates for Osborne successor?

The OWH has listed possible candidates for the AD position. They include:

Trev Alberts, AD at the University of Nebraska, Omaha

Greg Byrne, AD, University of Arizona

Joe Castiglione, AD, University of Oklahoma

John Cook, Head Coach, University of Nebraska, Volleyball

Paul Meyers, Associate athletic director for the Huskers Athletic Fund

Jamie Pollard, Director of Athletics at Iowa State University

Dave Rimington, President of the Boomer Esiason Foundation

Jamie Williams, Huskers' associate athletic director of diversity and leadership initiatives

Who do you like? I would like to see either Trev Alberts, John Cook, Dave Rimington, or Jamie Williams get the position. I want someone with deep ties to the University of Nebraska. No outsider for me.

Just from this list Jamie Pollard is my number 1 choice. ISU culture is similar to Nebraska. He has experience with the B1G. Experience as A.D. Meyers is my 2nd choice. Castiglione would be my 3rd choice.

Do we really have to bring in an outsider? Seriously. This is really making me nervous.

Well, we brought in a "husker guy" a few years back and that didnt go too well. So if they can bring in a guy who understans the husker way, even if hes an outsider, i think it would be fine. But gotta say, ive never heard of this guy before.

Do we really have to bring in an outsider? Seriously. This is really making me nervous.

Well, we brought in a "husker guy" a few years back and that didnt go too well. So if they can bring in a guy who understans the husker way, even if hes an outsider, i think it would be fine. But gotta say, ive never heard of this guy before.

i agree with this sentiment. it might be good to bring in experience. i assume he/she will understand the importance of our tradition.

That info was reported about last Thursday. SC is so far out of the loop anymore it isn't funny. This guy Barry Alvarez's former #1. End up down there just in time to have to clean up all the issues from the last 10 years. I know he wants out as they are facing some very hard sanctions in Miami. (unrelated to him of course having just taken the job). He would have been to BA what PM is to TO. Just he has a year out of that shadow right now.

ISU and UNL same culture? Really? Sorry but I've been to a few sports events for ISU and the comparisons "culture-wise" isn't even close.

Either Myer or Castiglione are my top two choices.

I'm going to school over at ISU and I agree. I went to one game this season and I had to leave at halftime it was like people describing Wisky with their F-you chants and all that. So, I'm selling off the rest of my tickets. Also I heard Jamie on a radio show and he's all into moving things forward over here and would probably be a descent candidate but, it didn't sound like he likes Nebraska too much. He said, "We let Nebraska get lightyears ahead of us and that should have never happened."

Quite honestly (and I don't follow this stuff too closely so I may be way off base here) I'd be surprised if Barry Alvarez isn't a front runner or at least given serious consideration. He's been an AD for several years now AND he completely understands the culture at Nebraska.

I think this is a dark horse candidate. I think it would be hard too get him too leave Wisconsin. But if his Alma Mater offers it might be too tempting for him too resist. it's hard telling though.