Possible candidates for Osborne successor?

I'm shocked at how long it took for someone to bring up Steve Pederson.

Anyone else seeing any traction on the OU AD being mentioned as a strong possibility? (Besides the OWH article)

I asked that and it was kind of poo pooed by a few people but the guy who I want a response from who's alluded to the fact that he may be one of the 10 people isn't saying anything one way or the other. He's confirmed the interviews of 4 people to us but they aren't any shockers. Another guy brought up ISU. There is some concern that Pollard from Iowa State has been interviewed and it went well. There is a booster who donates to both ISU and UNL and he says we don't want him here that he's Peddy 2.0. He brought this info in from the ISU side of things while the press conference was going on in Lincoln. There might be some reason to believe that his interview being leaked is part of the reason we came clean with things this week rather than wait until a bye week. It was also stated by the 1st booster that things could be wrapped up in 10-14 days depending on how far apart people are on things. They felt pretty good about their top 3 targets but wanted to speak to at least one more before they started talking figures. He also stated they may talk figures with more than one guy before they make a final offer.

I heard a deal last night that some media person had a talk with a "insider" and that Nebraska is really going to push for a an already seated AD from a BCS level school.

Now I know Peterson was here in the 90's, but techincally he was brought in from the outside and look what happened. I really dont want someone from the outside who doesnt understand our "culture" here. I know it's big business and such, and it may be arrogant to think we're so much different in that aspect than most other athletic programs, but I think it's the truth. Jamie Williams has my ultimate vote right now after reading up on him. He's been here a bit and has been working under Osborne himself. I want to say it's a forgone conclusion that it has to be him, but with Pearlman, I guess we just never know.

I heard a deal last night that some media person had a talk with a "insider" and that Nebraska is really going to push for a an already seated AD from a BCS level school.

Now I know Peterson was here in the 90's, but techincally he was brought in from the outside and look what happened. I really dont want someone from the outside who doesnt understand our "culture" here. I know it's big business and such, and it may be arrogant to think we're so much different in that aspect than most other athletic programs, but I think it's the truth. Jamie Williams has my ultimate vote right now after reading up on him. He's been here a bit and has been working under Osborne himself. I want to say it's a forgone conclusion that it has to be him, but with Pearlman, I guess we just never know.

Pretty sure we don't want Williams. He's best left in the role that he's in.

Reasoning? Just curious, becuase I really dont know. He just seems like a good fit.

Reasoning? Just curious, becuase I really dont know. He just seems like a good fit.

I"m not 100% sure myself. I was told now by 2 people that know his work pretty well that he's not the best fit for the AD job. I assume some of it has to do with the fact that he's very good in what he's doing, but I also get the feeling that part of it is relationship building and it sounds like that might be a weaker area for him.

I"m not 100% sure myself. I was told now by 2 people that know his work pretty well that he's not the best fit for the AD job. I assume some of it has to do with the fact that he's very good in what he's doing, but I also get the feeling that part of it is relationship building and it sounds like that might be a weaker area for him.

Understood. One thing's for certain we can all agree on. This hire CAN NOT be a whiff whatsoever. We have to hit a homer this time because Tom will not be able to bail us out again another 5 years down the road this time. So hopefully Pearlman has his head out on this one.

Quite honestly (and I don't follow this stuff too closely so I may be way off base here) I'd be surprised if Barry Alvarez isn't a front runner or at least given serious consideration. He's been an AD for several years now AND he completely understands the culture at Nebraska.

That would depend a lot upon if he would even be interested. You have to compare a situation like that similar to if Bo would be interested in the coach gig @ Ohio St. Yes, it's where he's from and all, but now that he and his family have been engrained in where theyre at for so long, and he's put his stamp on something, would he really want to leave? I doubt it.