New addition to the field

knapplc

As stated above, maybe each corner should "simply" say TOM OSBORNE FIELD. That would serve a broader purpose, and more meaningful one.

My point was not to be condescending, simply more to the point that like smartphone "apps", most users today have no problem being able to find the necessary site they want. We are a nation of Googles. Bings, etc., etc.

#huskers is "obvious".

The reason Tom Osborne Field is not placed on the field anymore is due to Tom's request. In his typical, humbling personality Tom did not want an additional spotlight put on him. Not arguing for or against the #huskers, I do use twitter but will not be at a right state of mind come 7pm Saturday, but I was hoping to clarify why Tom's name isn't on there anymore.

I don't think this falls under the same "gimmmick" category as Oregon's uniforms and Boise's blue field... It's just a simple way to both get people involved with the program on social media (which is HUGE these days) and let a national audience know that we aren't just some old lumbering program of yesteryear. Remember that Nebraska grew to prominence by being innovators with the weight training program and so forth. Nothing wrong with keeping up with the times.

I've really given up caring what the media thinks of NU. You win and the media cares. You don't win, they don't care. Simple as that. But yeah, it is important as to what kids think, so you do have to win because kids now follow the media in all kinds of forums because they pay attention to them all.

I still don't like it on the field, but if it helps in bringing recruits in, then so be it.

Who said this has anything to do with the media?

I don't think this falls under the same "gimmmick" category as Oregon's uniforms and Boise's blue field... It's just a simple way to both get people involved with the program on social media (which is HUGE these days) and let a national audience know that we aren't just some old lumbering program of yesteryear. Remember that Nebraska grew to prominence by being innovators with the weight training program and so forth. Nothing wrong with keeping up with the times.

I've really given up caring what the media thinks of NU. You win and the media cares. You don't win, they don't care. Simple as that. But yeah, it is important as to what kids think, so you do have to win because kids now follow the media in all kinds of forums because they pay attention to them all.

I still don't like it on the field, but if it helps in bringing recruits in, then so be it.

Well...what does #HUSKERS refer to?

:blink: What's the purpose of that?

This is Nebraska marketing Nebraska.... Welcome to the 21st century gentlemen.... This is smart, futuristic, and innovative. I love what Nebraska is doing with the uniforms (for one game), the recruiting weekend, the marketing. In my opinion they are handling this all very well, and if we win it could become a very benefiicial weekend for the football team....

I wonder if something can be smart, futuristic, innovative, and gay all at the same time.

Clearly you haven't heard dubstep yet.

• Fire 2

Well...what does #HUSKERS refer to?

It's not to get media attention, what, do you think Brad Nessler is gonna be up in the booth talking about the hashtag and tweeting about us? ESPN putting the hashtag logo on sportscenter? No, it's for fans and people watching the game, getting our program mentions and visibility on social media.

(maybe the "media" term in social media throws you off...by "media" we generally mean newspapers, tv, etc. "Social media" being twitter and facebook where fans themselves do the talking)

I think that the palyers and Bo are also getting new PR training for interviews. Reporter: RU happy with how your defense played today BO: (chewing gum) I think our RUNZA HUT, Valentino's, Addias cleats really hleped the State Farm D step up today. OK maybe I'm off a bit but I love wating the interviews from NASCAR guys.

I think that the palyers and Bo are also getting new PR training for interviews. Reporter: RU happy with how your defense played today BO: (chewing gum) I think our RUNZA HUT, Valentino's, Addias cleats really hleped the State Farm D step up today. OK maybe I'm off a bit but I love wating the interviews from NASCAR guys.

How exactly does displaying the university's own branding on the field have anything to do with NASCAR-like sponsorship?

:blink: What's the purpose of that?

This is Nebraska marketing Nebraska.... Welcome to the 21st century gentlemen.... This is smart, futuristic, and innovative. I love what Nebraska is doing with the uniforms (for one game), the recruiting weekend, the marketing. In my opinion they are handling this all very well, and if we win it could become a very benefiicial weekend for the football team....

I wonder if something can be smart, futuristic, innovative, and gay all at the same time.

Clearly you haven't heard dubstep yet.

tumblr_m81n15FG2V1r3zat8.gif