Jason Peter done at 1620 the Zone?

The Drive isn't bad...Nick Bahe is awesome but is really dragged down by Jake Bogus who is practically unlistenable. The nasally voice and the uninformed opinions...ugh.

Nobody can ever convince me that Jason Peter wasn't fired from 1620 though. They may claim that he left because he had to make a decision for his family, but that reeks of B.S. from both parties. He may have had some interesting stuff to say and dropped some nice truth bombs, but wading through all the incoherent ranting to find the good parts was like wading through a salad to find the bacon bits. Not worth it.

I really like that Nick is getting 'validated' so to speak by being on a new show. I know a lot of people who thought that Nick used humor to mask his lack of sports knowledge and relied on Matt to carry the info-driven segments but anyone who listened to the show on a regular basis knew that wasn't true. The whole show the week of the Penn State game last year is testament to that.

Jason Peter's exit has the almost exact same feel as when Marvin left the coaching staff. When 'family' pops up in an exit statement, its almost always a firing. I have listened to a lo of the shows (comes from driving around for work) and I'm sure there were a number of complaints about the things that popped out of his mouth. The phrase "young, dumb and full of cum" comes to mind. There were enough complaints USC that a number of drops vanished.

My opinion is that Schick and Nick got cancelled because new management didn't 'get' the show. I got the impression that the age gap between the hosts and management was a massive issue. Ironic as the key marketing demographic is the same age as S&N

I am looking forward to Damon Benning taking over for Peter tomorrow. I have always liked his segments and when he guest hosted.

I cannot say that I am saddened by this! My run ins with the peter brothers were nothing more then 2 pricks that out weighed you by 80 pounds and really liked showing it. Kind of like Tyrone Hughes. Are we talking about Nick Bahe the basketball player from southeast that Nebraska did not want?

Correct.

Damon Benning isn't bad at all; he can be a little unpleasant to listen to at times but for the most part he's good. Smart guy, knows his football, loves sports, seems to do well with a microphone in front of him. My only complaint is that occasionally he will say something like, "From my time playing football I can tell you that X is the better player, I won't go into why that is but he's much better at a fundamental level" ...well, you're an analyst, Damon, you're being paid to explain to us why. Just a little bit of either condescension or just not wanting to take the time to explain something. But that's just a small complaint; overall, it's a massive upgrade in the morning.

I had no problem listening to Jason. In my travels, I heard mention that his departure had something to do with his NFL pension. Of course I can't substantiate this, so just chalk it up to another rumor.

I enjoy listening to Damon, but I can't help wonder how long he'll be able to do the show without getting bored out of his skull.

I got bored listening to Nick and Schick with all the sound bite "drops", and giggles. I turned it over to mike and mike most of the time. Jason was fine in the morning, and got me back to listening to the zone, and Damon should be good as well.

This.....^^^